Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? 11:18 - Oct 5 with 3373 viewsLord_Bony

According to Steve and Jason it was the first time they met Bradley on Friday...not convinced of that somehow.If we had beaten Liverpool 4.1 this move would still have taken place.

There seems to be an agenda,maybe some pressure from stateside even, to get an American manager into the EPL at any cost,mainly for the prestige of American soccer,if its a sucess it will open the floodgates for others to follow.

As I ve said previously if he was nt American( lets say he was from Romania or Bulgaria but with the same record) he probably would have been overlooked.

There has been a dream for years to get an American manager in the EPL...we are the first club ever to get one.

I just hope he was genuinely chosen for this job for the RIGHT REASONS thats all. Anything less is unforgivable.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:15 - Oct 5 with 1140 viewsLord_Bony

I was sharing a laugh with a fellow.contributor.

The reason im a mod here is to delete and edit abusive posts from people like yourself on a regular basis.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:39 - Oct 5 with 1089 viewsLord_Bony

As I said,, you are very abusive to other posters,the mods are aware of this. Be careful what you post in future please because you will not get back on here.

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:51 - Oct 5 with 1071 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Before everyone completely disappears up their own righteous backsides, sorry 'ass', we should remember that a large number of managerial appointments often have non-footballing reasons as part of the decision-making, or to put it another way, have elements in the choice that aren't just a dispassionate consideration of someone's CV, sorry, 'Résumé'.

People are falling over themselves to yelp that Bradley's appointment must be for '100% football reasons' and that he MUST be the, ahem, 'BEST MAN FOR THE JOB', whatever the f*ck that means without 20/20 vision).

Was the appointment of Martinez both of those things? Rodgers? People were going apesh*t about those appointments for similar reasons as Bradley (no experience, career of failure/mediocrity, Yes men, why aren't other clubs offering them jobs if they're so good? etc) and they didn't work out too badly.

The truth is managerial appointments are more often than not pot luck, even with apparently tried and tested managers., especially for clubs like us who can't just pick and choose the best around.

Don't get me wrong, I wish this whole sorry episode hadn't happened, but let's not pretend we suddenly inhabit a world of football where players are signed and managers appointed without any non-footballing reasons playing a part - personal connections, previous associations, familiarity, and, dare I say it, even commercial considerations; it's the norm. American owners gravitate towards one of the most prominent managers in US football history when they come to choose their manager. Oh, the horror.

There's an irony here in that as a club we've often benefited from going for slightly left-field choices of manager and eschewed the usual bandwagon of established managers (Bruce, Hughes, Pulis, Allardyce, Warnock etc etc). Here we are again, going off the beaten path and we're all up in arms about what an affront to Swansea CIty this is....

As I say, I'm not happy with it, but some need to stop whining 24/7 about it as if it's the crime of the century or something that's never happened in football before; especially when they completely disregard the stated reasons given by the owners for appointing him and INSIST that their own outsider version of events is THE TRUTH.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 17:54]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:58 - Oct 5 with 1050 viewsCooperman

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 15:07 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Certainly our profile has been raised in the United States and long may it continue, if Bradley makes a success of it then our marketing department will be well pleased. But if he fails and we get relegated we will just be also rans and dropped like a hot potato by the US football fraternity.

The reward and risk are huge.

The eyes of America are upon us atm.

I have spoken to 7 US residents so far today about the situation (all of which I put into the category of sports fan) and not one of them has heard of Swansea City.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 19:17 - Oct 5 with 987 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:58 - Oct 5 by Cooperman

I have spoken to 7 US residents so far today about the situation (all of which I put into the category of sports fan) and not one of them has heard of Swansea City.

7? Waw.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 19:44 - Oct 5 with 954 viewsmonmouth

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 19:17 - Oct 5 by Return_of_the_Jack

7? Waw.

Only 318,899,993 to go though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 20:04 - Oct 5 with 931 viewsCooperman

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 19:17 - Oct 5 by Return_of_the_Jack

7? Waw.

How about you?

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 21:34 - Oct 5 with 868 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 20:04 - Oct 5 by Cooperman

How about you?

I haven't spoken to any mate, I'm not really bothered what "US residents" that you consider to be "sports fans" think about Swansea City.

I believe you though, as your post had a hint of America about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 21:57 - Oct 5 with 852 viewsCooperman

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 21:34 - Oct 5 by Return_of_the_Jack

I haven't spoken to any mate, I'm not really bothered what "US residents" that you consider to be "sports fans" think about Swansea City.

I believe you though, as your post had a hint of America about it.

Right'o.

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 23:43 - Oct 5 with 803 viewsKrisP

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:51 - Oct 5 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Before everyone completely disappears up their own righteous backsides, sorry 'ass', we should remember that a large number of managerial appointments often have non-footballing reasons as part of the decision-making, or to put it another way, have elements in the choice that aren't just a dispassionate consideration of someone's CV, sorry, 'Résumé'.

People are falling over themselves to yelp that Bradley's appointment must be for '100% football reasons' and that he MUST be the, ahem, 'BEST MAN FOR THE JOB', whatever the f*ck that means without 20/20 vision).

Was the appointment of Martinez both of those things? Rodgers? People were going apesh*t about those appointments for similar reasons as Bradley (no experience, career of failure/mediocrity, Yes men, why aren't other clubs offering them jobs if they're so good? etc) and they didn't work out too badly.

The truth is managerial appointments are more often than not pot luck, even with apparently tried and tested managers., especially for clubs like us who can't just pick and choose the best around.

Don't get me wrong, I wish this whole sorry episode hadn't happened, but let's not pretend we suddenly inhabit a world of football where players are signed and managers appointed without any non-footballing reasons playing a part - personal connections, previous associations, familiarity, and, dare I say it, even commercial considerations; it's the norm. American owners gravitate towards one of the most prominent managers in US football history when they come to choose their manager. Oh, the horror.

There's an irony here in that as a club we've often benefited from going for slightly left-field choices of manager and eschewed the usual bandwagon of established managers (Bruce, Hughes, Pulis, Allardyce, Warnock etc etc). Here we are again, going off the beaten path and we're all up in arms about what an affront to Swansea CIty this is....

As I say, I'm not happy with it, but some need to stop whining 24/7 about it as if it's the crime of the century or something that's never happened in football before; especially when they completely disregard the stated reasons given by the owners for appointing him and INSIST that their own outsider version of events is THE TRUTH.

Saved me a job. Deserves a thread of it's own.
Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 13:08 - Oct 6 with 732 viewsvetchonian

Was Bradley Chosen for the Right Reasons? on 17:51 - Oct 5 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Yes you make some very good points here.

But this time the circumstances are different.....in the past these "left field" appointments were made by our DoF who at the time as fan held the success of the club dear.
Was Martinez left field? Not really HJ knew him form his time as a player here and had apparantly built up a relationship with him whihc had involved discussing tactics and footballing philosphy. At the time we were in league 1 and failed under KJ to win promotion plus many were concerned our football was unattractive. Rookie manager maybe but HJ though he had the skills to do the job....hey what about the appointment of Toshack in 1977? No managerial experience. Subsequent appointments have been made based on the approach to play etc ..yes Brendan was at first a question mark yo many ,
This time however we find ourselves with an unsettled squad (missing the team bond whihc existed back then) at the wrong end of the table abd decisions being taken by persons who do not have the same attachment to the club and footballing philosphy.The manner of FG's dismissal with all the media reports of others being interviewd is not the way this club would have normally acted. ML departed following discussions of proposals to change his backroom staff to help alleviate certain situations when this could not be worked out he was dismised. FG apperared to be improving things on the pitch.
IT does appear to many the new owners have an agenda....BB may be the best man for the job but as is being said what if it had been a two horse race between a European and BB both with similar resumes...or maybe the European had slightly better experience do you not think the BB appointment would still not have happened.
That said BB is now on board and he will get my support...but I do hope he really does know what he is doing

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024