Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced 21:01 - Oct 17 with 19727 viewsSwansTrust

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced for Thursday, 20th October

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/17/supporters-trust-members-forum/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 21:38 - Oct 17 with 5280 viewsNeiltheTaylor

any new announcements before or during the forum regarding the Trust options?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 21:39]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 5233 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 21:38 - Oct 17 by NeiltheTaylor

any new announcements before or during the forum regarding the Trust options?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 21:39]

Not before, no.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:17 - Oct 17 with 5182 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Excellent. Watch out for wire taps. Members only. NDAs. Extra crispy sausage rolls.

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:21 - Oct 17 with 5168 viewsLandore_Jack

Why do the Trust allow the media to attend these forums? Anything said should be kept behind closed doors.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 22:23]

#backtojack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:25 - Oct 17 with 5132 viewsmorningstar

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:21 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

Why do the Trust allow the media to attend these forums? Anything said should be kept behind closed doors.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 22:23]

Why?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:29 - Oct 17 with 5121 viewsLandore_Jack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:25 - Oct 17 by morningstar

Why?

I have lost count the number of times Phil has stated he has to be careful in what he says due to press being in the room.

#backtojack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:36 - Oct 17 with 5094 viewsmorningstar

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:29 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

I have lost count the number of times Phil has stated he has to be careful in what he says due to press being in the room.

Maybe the trust have something they wish to release to the press. But tbh i cannot see anything in the trust statement that states that the press are invited anyway?

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:45 - Oct 17 with 5076 viewsLandore_Jack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:36 - Oct 17 by morningstar

Maybe the trust have something they wish to release to the press. But tbh i cannot see anything in the trust statement that states that the press are invited anyway?

The press have been attending these forums for quite a while. Whether they are invited by the Trust is another question.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:55 - Oct 17 with 5045 viewsmorningstar

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:45 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

The press have been attending these forums for quite a while. Whether they are invited by the Trust is another question.

Oh right. So what exactly are you saying here? Phil doesn't want the press at trust meetings, but they've been coming for some time anyway. Have they released press reports before the trust statements? Are you pi$$ing in the wind here?

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 23:07 - Oct 17 with 5006 viewsQJumpingJack

What happens if a journalist is a paid up member?
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 23:08 - Oct 17 with 5006 viewsSwanseajill

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:55 - Oct 17 by morningstar

Oh right. So what exactly are you saying here? Phil doesn't want the press at trust meetings, but they've been coming for some time anyway. Have they released press reports before the trust statements? Are you pi$$ing in the wind here?

They never miss a Trust Q&A.

It's time they had their membership cards.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 23:15 - Oct 17 with 4991 viewsmorningstar

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 23:08 - Oct 17 by Swanseajill

They never miss a Trust Q&A.

It's time they had their membership cards.

I'm not saying they don't Lor. But every trust meeting notes are published by the trust, not the press. That's my point.

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 00:29 - Oct 18 with 4909 viewsSwanseajill

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 23:15 - Oct 17 by morningstar

I'm not saying they don't Lor. But every trust meeting notes are published by the trust, not the press. That's my point.

But Gar, the questions that are answered by Phil and Huw C by the members are not in the Trust newsletters, or published by the Trust.
Although normally they are discussed by posters on here after the meeting,so they are not secret at all.
Anyone, trust members or not...are usually invited so that would include the media.

Unlike the club board members, who have of late, not invited certain shareholders to be a party to the latest updates on club business.
Memories of certain shareholders should remind themselves of when they themselves were mere ..fans. No info, no input, no information of the workings of the club....
...just only pay up and shut up.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:55 - Oct 18 with 4704 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 22:45 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

I don't expect they'll be explicitly invited, however I don't expect them to be turned away either.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:56 - Oct 18 with 4704 viewsPhil_S

I am never uncomfortable with the media being there but after the last forum they took what was two hours of excellent questions and answers and turned one comment made by Huw into their sensational headline

We talked last night about whether the media would be welcome and the answer is yes, there is nothing that we won't say on Thursday night that we wouldn't be prepared to be published

For the Q&A on the night we are likely to record it so we can publish the questions and answers that are given for those that are not able to be there

For the record this is not a conspiracy despite the short notice that others think it is!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 10:03 - Oct 18 with 4688 viewsDarran

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:56 - Oct 18 by Phil_S

I am never uncomfortable with the media being there but after the last forum they took what was two hours of excellent questions and answers and turned one comment made by Huw into their sensational headline

We talked last night about whether the media would be welcome and the answer is yes, there is nothing that we won't say on Thursday night that we wouldn't be prepared to be published

For the Q&A on the night we are likely to record it so we can publish the questions and answers that are given for those that are not able to be there

For the record this is not a conspiracy despite the short notice that others think it is!

This post has been edited by an administrator

I don't think it'll be so bad now that Vincent won't be there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 10:43 - Oct 18 with 4635 viewsjacabertawe

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 10:03 - Oct 18 by Darran

I don't think it'll be so bad now that Vincent won't be there.

He and Wathan are one.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:33 - Oct 18 with 4531 viewsMattG

https://www.periscope.tv/

Might stop the gentlemen of the Fourth Estate being too selective or, perish the thought, putting a particular slant on things to the benefit of the ownership.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 14:29 - Oct 18 with 4463 viewsmonmouth

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:33 - Oct 18 by MattG

https://www.periscope.tv/

Might stop the gentlemen of the Fourth Estate being too selective or, perish the thought, putting a particular slant on things to the benefit of the ownership.

Excellent for me if it's recorded/streamed, as there's no way I'll be able to make it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 14:51 - Oct 18 with 4433 viewsPhil_S

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 14:29 - Oct 18 by monmouth

Excellent for me if it's recorded/streamed, as there's no way I'll be able to make it.

Passed on as a potential solution - will keep everyone updated on whether we can stream live

As mentioned we are certainly planning on a transcript of the evening as soon as we can afterwards (including the Q&A session to ensure that we give the full balance of what is discussed)
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 17:19 - Oct 18 with 4319 viewsNeathJack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 14:51 - Oct 18 by Phil_S

Passed on as a potential solution - will keep everyone updated on whether we can stream live

As mentioned we are certainly planning on a transcript of the evening as soon as we can afterwards (including the Q&A session to ensure that we give the full balance of what is discussed)

It may be better to stream it via the Trust Facebook page or YouTube as this will then stay on there after the event whereas I believe (happy to be corrected) Periscope only keeps the stream available for on demand viewing for 24 hours.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 21:16 - Oct 18 with 4211 viewsPhil_S

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 17:19 - Oct 18 by NeathJack

It may be better to stream it via the Trust Facebook page or YouTube as this will then stay on there after the event whereas I believe (happy to be corrected) Periscope only keeps the stream available for on demand viewing for 24 hours.

That was Jim's suggestion our end - looking into practicalities, would like to do it but cant guarantee at short notice :(
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 12:49 - Oct 19 with 4061 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I have a question. Why does it seem to be that ex-directors still able to enjoy full director match day priveleges?

Surely the sellouts need to buy their own tickets now?

Does the Trust director get any say in who the club offers freebies to? Obviously part of the issue of an easy going Trust was the more Hawkish directors use that as an opportunity to take liberties to undermine that Trust's position and any authority. Is that damage now permanent?

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 11:33 - Oct 20 with 3959 viewsPhil_S

Just a reminder for everyone

Membership available on the night
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 11:37 - Oct 20 with 3953 viewsDarran

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 12:49 - Oct 19 by NeiltheTaylor

I have a question. Why does it seem to be that ex-directors still able to enjoy full director match day priveleges?

Surely the sellouts need to buy their own tickets now?

Does the Trust director get any say in who the club offers freebies to? Obviously part of the issue of an easy going Trust was the more Hawkish directors use that as an opportunity to take liberties to undermine that Trust's position and any authority. Is that damage now permanent?

I concur.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024