Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season started yesterday 10:43 - Oct 23 with 2568 viewsperchrockjack

Now we seem to have a manager able to see exactly what dross has been starting game, we now have a centre back pairing who look like they belong together.

We ve seen two strikers playing together and a wingman who can motor and beat a man.

Chuck in Montero and I'd say things are looking up.

Those with anti American feeling really need to shut the feck up and see how we fare.

Think the point has been made regarding sale.

It was underhand and devious

We move on

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Season started yesterday on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 1800 viewsjackportis

Innit

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Season started yesterday on 11:00 - Oct 23 with 1785 viewsChief

Giving Ki 90mins, leaving Fer on the bench? Our top scorer, in a game in which we needed a goal

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Season started yesterday on 12:02 - Oct 23 with 1692 viewsElward

Despite all the truth in that, our season started 9 games ago, where we have 5 points
Season started yesterday on 12:06 - Oct 23 with 1668 viewsjack247

If Guidolin had presided over yesterday's game, he would have been slaughtered. He didn't, he has gone, Bob is here and that is that. Yesterday was not a positive though.
Season started yesterday on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 1608 viewsElward

Season started yesterday on 12:06 - Oct 23 by jack247

If Guidolin had presided over yesterday's game, he would have been slaughtered. He didn't, he has gone, Bob is here and that is that. Yesterday was not a positive though.

Exactly! Yes we played well and had limited errors, but it is exactly that. We played well, and still couldnt beat Watford, at home. Says it all
Season started yesterday on 12:41 - Oct 23 with 1572 viewsMurph75

I have a sneaky feeling if Guidolin was still in charge for yesterdays game our line up wouldn't have been completely different and Deeney would have had a field day against Laurel & Hardy.
Season started yesterday on 12:42 - Oct 23 with 1568 viewsSmellyplumz

Falling further and further behind, we need to get a boner soon or the legs will close and no cigar.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Season started yesterday on 12:47 - Oct 23 with 1545 viewsjack247

Season started yesterday on 12:41 - Oct 23 by Murph75

I have a sneaky feeling if Guidolin was still in charge for yesterdays game our line up wouldn't have been completely different and Deeney would have had a field day against Laurel & Hardy.

Possibly. Would have been very difficult for their strikers whoever was in charge because they set out so negatively. We will never know if we would have beaten them under Guidolin. The point I was making was he would have been slaughtered for that performance. If people think Bob did well, they can't have very high expectations of Bob
Login to get fewer ads

Season started yesterday on 12:50 - Oct 23 with 1522 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can't help but agree with that.

Poll: Tory leader

Season started yesterday on 12:51 - Oct 23 with 1517 viewsexiledclaseboy

Season started yesterday on 12:33 - Oct 23 by Elward

Exactly! Yes we played well and had limited errors, but it is exactly that. We played well, and still couldnt beat Watford, at home. Says it all

I don't think we played particularly well. We were ok in patches.

Poll: Tory leader

Season started yesterday on 12:54 - Oct 23 with 1496 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Season started yesterday on 12:47 - Oct 23 by jack247

Possibly. Would have been very difficult for their strikers whoever was in charge because they set out so negatively. We will never know if we would have beaten them under Guidolin. The point I was making was he would have been slaughtered for that performance. If people think Bob did well, they can't have very high expectations of Bob

I think Bob gets a pass while we "transition"

My wild and unfounded speculation is that we might have won the game yesterday under Guido, but the underlying team issues would still be festering. I liked Bob's bold decisions on the defence

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Season started yesterday on 13:18 - Oct 23 with 1448 viewsWarwickHunt

Two holding midfielders at home and one of them Ki (against Watford...) would have been enough to get the knives sharpened before we even kicked off and the first half was as bad as anything I've seen for the last couple of years.

It did seem like we were playing for a point until the last 20 but at least we stopped the losing streak.
Season started yesterday on 13:36 - Oct 23 with 1393 viewsjack247

Season started yesterday on 13:18 - Oct 23 by WarwickHunt

Two holding midfielders at home and one of them Ki (against Watford...) would have been enough to get the knives sharpened before we even kicked off and the first half was as bad as anything I've seen for the last couple of years.

It did seem like we were playing for a point until the last 20 but at least we stopped the losing streak.

Absolutely. It's only his second game, but let's be fair, we were insipid for most of yesterday.

Plus points for me

The centre backs, though relatively untested, both had good games
Llorente looked good
We didn't lose
Watford proved there are bang average teams in this division that aren't even considered serious relegation candidates. That was the biggest positive for me.
Season started yesterday on 13:44 - Oct 23 with 1370 views34dfgdf54

Season started yesterday on 13:36 - Oct 23 by jack247

Absolutely. It's only his second game, but let's be fair, we were insipid for most of yesterday.

Plus points for me

The centre backs, though relatively untested, both had good games
Llorente looked good
We didn't lose
Watford proved there are bang average teams in this division that aren't even considered serious relegation candidates. That was the biggest positive for me.

The centre halves being untested is a plus in itself. Deeney and that Success lad caused carnage against Boro. Stop at source.
Season started yesterday on 13:47 - Oct 23 with 1353 viewsjack247

Season started yesterday on 13:44 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

The centre halves being untested is a plus in itself. Deeney and that Success lad caused carnage against Boro. Stop at source.

Fair point, though the main reason they were untested was Watford playing for a 0-0. If they go similarly untested against Stoke and United, I'd agree it would be a big plus.
Season started yesterday on 13:49 - Oct 23 with 1345 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season started yesterday on 12:41 - Oct 23 by Murph75

To be fair to him he was already starting VDH with Amat and they looked so much better than Amat and Fernandez.

Bob got the dodgy double act together for last week's trip to Arsenal, not FG.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 13:53]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Season started yesterday on 13:53 - Oct 23 with 1335 viewsMurph75

Season started yesterday on 13:49 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair to him he was already starting VDH with Amat and they looked so much better than Amat and Fernandez.

Bob got the dodgy double act together for last week's trip to Arsenal, not FG.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 13:53]

Amat and Fernandez would have been battered by Deeney and co yesterday.

It would seem our new manager has no issues with dropping players. It was like a breath of fresh air when I saw the team yesterday.
Season started yesterday on 13:56 - Oct 23 with 1313 viewsLeonisGod

Season started yesterday on 13:44 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

It could have been different if Success was on the pitch - he's got pace to burn that lad and we struggled when they bought on their wing back with the bald head. Denny and Ighalo were static and Ighalo looks a shadow of the player he was last season. We really weren't tested by them.
Watford were there for the point. Their manager saying their first half was the best they played says it all. They set out to not get beat. End of. A poor side.
Season started yesterday on 13:56 - Oct 23 with 1310 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season started yesterday on 13:53 - Oct 23 by Murph75

Amat and Fernandez would have been battered by Deeney and co yesterday.

It would seem our new manager has no issues with dropping players. It was like a breath of fresh air when I saw the team yesterday.

Amat and Fernandez yes, Amat and VDH I don't think so. If anything Amat could be more physical then the pai of them but we run the risk of him possibly picking up two bookings in a game.

Couldn't agree more about Bob's courage in dropping players, I felt really optimistic when Mawson was named in the team. What got me down was that he didn't pick Fer and if he had I'm sure we would have taken three points yesterday.

As it was we could have played til midnight and not scored.

Season started yesterday on 13:58 - Oct 23 with 1302 viewsMurph75

Season started yesterday on 13:56 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Amat and Fernandez yes, Amat and VDH I don't think so. If anything Amat could be more physical then the pai of them but we run the risk of him possibly picking up two bookings in a game.

Couldn't agree more about Bob's courage in dropping players, I felt really optimistic when Mawson was named in the team. What got me down was that he didn't pick Fer and if he had I'm sure we would have taken three points yesterday.

As it was we could have played til midnight and not scored.

Ki for Fer was a strange one on current form.
Season started yesterday on 14:00 - Oct 23 with 1292 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Season started yesterday on 13:47 - Oct 23 by jack247

Fair point, though the main reason they were untested was Watford playing for a 0-0. If they go similarly untested against Stoke and United, I'd agree it would be a big plus.

They were not playing for 0-0, that is how they play, very defensive with breakaway attacks, mostly with the ball over the top..
Their games were analysed prior to yesterday and that was the resulting report.
ie Sneaky smash & grab like Hull and up till now it has been working for them with 3 wins 3 draws and 3 losses and 9th place with a goal difference of zero.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:04]
Season started yesterday on 14:09 - Oct 23 with 1259 viewsjack247

Season started yesterday on 14:00 - Oct 23 by A_Fans_Dad

They were not playing for 0-0, that is how they play, very defensive with breakaway attacks, mostly with the ball over the top..
Their games were analysed prior to yesterday and that was the resulting report.
ie Sneaky smash & grab like Hull and up till now it has been working for them with 3 wins 3 draws and 3 losses and 9th place with a goal difference of zero.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:04]

Ok, let me put it another way. They were playing not to lose, rather than playing to win.
Season started yesterday on 14:11 - Oct 23 with 1247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season started yesterday on 14:09 - Oct 23 by jack247

Ok, let me put it another way. They were playing not to lose, rather than playing to win.

Depressingly i think we were set up to do just that too.

Season started yesterday on 14:13 - Oct 23 with 1237 viewsMurph75

If it stops the rot then it could turn out to be a very valuable point come May.
Season started yesterday on 14:21 - Oct 23 with 1217 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yes, like I say that is how they play, the have beaten
Man U 3-1
West H 4-2
Middleborough 1-0
So they are not exactly a poor side and quite capable of upsets if allowed to play their way.
The reason that it did not work yesterday was mostly down to VDH intercepting (headers) 10 out of 11 over the top balls to Deeney & co.
So very well done to VDH.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024