Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defensive midfielders 19:22 - Oct 24 with 765 viewsjesushchrist

Don't see 2 of these in the team working out myself, although Cork isn't a terrible player,I would rather start with Leon given our current situation, 2 defensive type midfielders just doesn't suit our current team and I really don't see any benefit in it.
Defensive midfielders on 19:25 - Oct 24 with 758 viewsjasper_T

If people are baying for 4-4-2 with Barrow, Montero and both Spaniards there's no other way to do it but play two defensive-minded mids.

It all depends on the system.
Defensive midfielders on 19:50 - Oct 24 with 723 viewsjack247

Defensive midfielders on 19:25 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

If people are baying for 4-4-2 with Barrow, Montero and both Spaniards there's no other way to do it but play two defensive-minded mids.

It all depends on the system.

Yep. The only way you can realistically play Barrow and Montero together is by dropping Gylfi and going 442. I don't see us starting a game that way. Maybe with 20-30 minutes left
Defensive midfielders on 20:05 - Oct 24 with 694 viewsJack11

We can go 4-2-3-1 and play Jeff and Barrow with the security of 2 sitting. Leon and Fulton preferably. That's the way forward for us I reckon. Can play Siggy, Fer or Borja off Llorente.
Defensive midfielders on 20:44 - Oct 24 with 653 viewsKulusBeatFactory

can see Gylfi morphing into a deeper CM role - using his box to box stamina, intelligence and leadership qualities - providing the foundation to launch a more adventurous forward game

bit like he did at the euros - where he had no other option than track back and launch from deep
Defensive midfielders on 20:59 - Oct 24 with 624 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Defensive midfielders on 20:44 - Oct 24 by KulusBeatFactory

can see Gylfi morphing into a deeper CM role - using his box to box stamina, intelligence and leadership qualities - providing the foundation to launch a more adventurous forward game

bit like he did at the euros - where he had no other option than track back and launch from deep

Leadership qualities? He's the first to wave his arms about and strut around in a mood when things aren't going his way. Just like he has almost every game this season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Defensive midfielders on 21:06 - Oct 24 with 603 viewsMillie

Is montero injured or out of favour?

I'm no expert at getting combinations right but our future is in younger players, , Jay and Jack
Defensive midfielders on 21:24 - Oct 24 with 575 views34dfgdf54

Defensive midfielders on 20:05 - Oct 24 by Jack11

We can go 4-2-3-1 and play Jeff and Barrow with the security of 2 sitting. Leon and Fulton preferably. That's the way forward for us I reckon. Can play Siggy, Fer or Borja off Llorente.

Spot on in my opinion.

Britton and Fulton for me, spend on a defensive midfielder in January to stenthen us in that area, as it is desperately needed.
Defensive midfielders on 21:27 - Oct 24 with 565 viewsOldjack

Defensive midfielders on 21:06 - Oct 24 by Millie

Is montero injured or out of favour?

I'm no expert at getting combinations right but our future is in younger players, , Jay and Jack

injured

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Defensive midfielders on 21:52 - Oct 24 with 524 viewsAussieSwan

Defensive midfielders on 21:24 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on in my opinion.

Britton and Fulton for me, spend on a defensive midfielder in January to stenthen us in that area, as it is desperately needed.

It quite honestly beggars belief that Huw (and a lot of people on this forum) did not think that Joe Allen was worth signing in summer. He wanted to come home and he was one of the players our team was (and currently is) crying out for. And yet we baulked at Liverpool asking 10 million prior to the Euros...?!

Should have paid up and be done with it, but oh well the past is just that and we have to move forward.

Signing another DM in January is an absolute must.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Defensive midfielders on 22:37 - Oct 24 with 483 viewsJackFish

Defensive midfielders on 20:44 - Oct 24 by KulusBeatFactory

Last time we tried that IIRC was when we got absolutely mugged by Chelsea two years ago. Not entirely his fault as we had a bit of a makeshift team out anyway, but his attacking instincts took over and he was constantly out of position giving them space in behind the midfield.
Defensive midfielders on 22:45 - Oct 24 with 469 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It was plain to see on Saturday that Leon and Ki were together 30 yards behind Gylfi during the first half and we were hopeless with Watford easily filling the space between our lines.

Ki was clearly asked to get forward more in the second half and there was an improvement although Fer is better suited to that role. A box to box midfield player is desperately needed and we could have had Joe in the summer but for some unknown reason we wouldn't spend the money. It's looking like a very costly mistake right now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Defensive midfielders on 22:51 - Oct 24 with 454 viewsJackFish

Defensive midfielders on 22:45 - Oct 24 by Joe_bradshaw

It was plain to see on Saturday that Leon and Ki were together 30 yards behind Gylfi during the first half and we were hopeless with Watford easily filling the space between our lines.

Ki was clearly asked to get forward more in the second half and there was an improvement although Fer is better suited to that role. A box to box midfield player is desperately needed and we could have had Joe in the summer but for some unknown reason we wouldn't spend the money. It's looking like a very costly mistake right now.

We got £12m for Shelvey in Jan. Okay we lost a million or two buying and selling Paloschi with that money, but we could have had Allen for around that price. Crazy that we didn't go in for him.
Defensive midfielders on 10:50 - Oct 25 with 363 viewsjasper_T

Defensive midfielders on 22:45 - Oct 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Looked like Leon was pushing on more often than Ki, and the main change after half time was that Gylfi dropped off further to close the gap. In the first half he was playing as a proper 10 alongside Borja.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024