Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust governance documents 22:20 - Oct 24 with 11650 viewsUxbridge

Following on from the SD dicussions in the other threads, the aforementioned documents relating to the Trust roles, responsibilities and governance documents are now available at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust-board/ .

There are four documents online :
a) Key Roles and Posts - which details the non SD roles in the Trust
b) Conflict of Interest and Disciplinary Process - which details any currently perceived conflicts of interest, process to review and also internal governance procedures
c) Supporters Director Role - which details the specific Supporters Director role
d) Declaration Register - Which details business interests of Trust board members at the football club, and relevant details where not commercially sensitive.

This has taken a considerable time to discuss, agree and complete and I think is a significant step forward in ensuring the Trust is completely open and above board going forward in how its board members operate and any interactions with the club.

All feedback welcomed.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 23:16]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters Trust governance documents on 09:01 - Oct 25 with 2204 viewsDewi1jack

Supporters Trust governance documents on 01:11 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Oh I get that. Like I've said elsewhere I don't think this has been historically handled well.

However, you can't change the past, you can only change how you operate in the future. That's what this is. Hopefully the good work detailed last week is remembered in the mix .. now more than ever a strong Trust is important, and demonstrating how will operate going forward will hopefully resolve some concerns.

Anyway, bed!

Thanks mate.
And a big thanks to all on the Trust board/ volunteers etc, for giving up their time to help.

It's good that the Trust are trying to learn from mistakes made in the past and start to adopt practices that hopefully ensure they won't happen in the future.
And yes, everyone, even Global conglomerates make mistakes.
The trick is only to make the same mistake once. Twice at the most when there has been a massive change of leadership, or the leadership has forgotten.
Make the same mistake in life or in business 3 times and it becomes personal choice.

Healthy debate in trying to take the Trust forward is good, as has been the case in the majority of posters on the Trust subject over the last few months.(Increased membership is better as well!)
In-fighting/ just bitching for the sake of it, isn't helping anyone but the EX and present board.
Even if people aren't Trust members for whatever reason (yes, even being blanked on FaceSlaptw@ or whatever) we all need to be pulling in the same direction.
Supporting the team on the field and making noises to ensure that our present board see us as a united group that could ultimately harm their investment
(Their investment is in buying the club off our sly, cowardly, sneaky, snidey, snivelling self serving b'stards before anyone says they're not investing. Investing in the club is a different kettle.)
Would rather have 10,000+ Trust members mind.
Go on. Buy someone a membership for Xmas.
You know you want to!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Supporters Trust governance documents on 11:45 - Oct 25 with 2116 viewsUxbridge

Supporters Trust governance documents on 09:01 - Oct 25 by Dewi1jack

Thanks mate.
And a big thanks to all on the Trust board/ volunteers etc, for giving up their time to help.

It's good that the Trust are trying to learn from mistakes made in the past and start to adopt practices that hopefully ensure they won't happen in the future.
And yes, everyone, even Global conglomerates make mistakes.
The trick is only to make the same mistake once. Twice at the most when there has been a massive change of leadership, or the leadership has forgotten.
Make the same mistake in life or in business 3 times and it becomes personal choice.

Healthy debate in trying to take the Trust forward is good, as has been the case in the majority of posters on the Trust subject over the last few months.(Increased membership is better as well!)
In-fighting/ just bitching for the sake of it, isn't helping anyone but the EX and present board.
Even if people aren't Trust members for whatever reason (yes, even being blanked on FaceSlaptw@ or whatever) we all need to be pulling in the same direction.
Supporting the team on the field and making noises to ensure that our present board see us as a united group that could ultimately harm their investment
(Their investment is in buying the club off our sly, cowardly, sneaky, snidey, snivelling self serving b'stards before anyone says they're not investing. Investing in the club is a different kettle.)
Would rather have 10,000+ Trust members mind.
Go on. Buy someone a membership for Xmas.
You know you want to!

Identify issues, outline how plan to resolve going forward, learn lessons. How it has to be.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters Trust governance documents on 18:15 - Oct 25 with 2015 viewsOldjack

Supporters Trust governance documents on 08:53 - Oct 25 by barry_island

I have no issue with Huw C staying on as a paid director of Swansea City, whether that be on £40k, £100k or one billion dollars, in fact whatever figure the club decides. He undoubtedly does many hours of good work as documented on this and many other threads over the years that is without question.

What i do have issue with is this being as a Trust Supporter Director. The fact that Phil has to look him in the eye and make a judgement call on whether he is being told the truth, even if backed up in writing by Huw Jenkins, surely is the final evidence that the position is untenable.

Huw has been hung out to dry by it seems to me those he trusted in the club. I feel truly sorry for him in this respect.

We need a new Trust Supporter Director. We need to move on now.

Sorry for all the edits I think my typing is turning me into Perchie.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 9:01]

Huw has been hung out to dry by it seems to me those he trusted in the club. I feel truly sorry for him in this respect.

Aww bless him and newly gained millions whilst selling us to god only knows
Sorry mate i got no time for him or the others anymore ,all respect has gone overnight

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Supporters Trust governance documents on 18:24 - Oct 25 with 1996 viewsBarrySwan

Supporters Trust governance documents on 08:53 - Oct 25 by barry_island

I have no issue with Huw C staying on as a paid director of Swansea City, whether that be on £40k, £100k or one billion dollars, in fact whatever figure the club decides. He undoubtedly does many hours of good work as documented on this and many other threads over the years that is without question.

What i do have issue with is this being as a Trust Supporter Director. The fact that Phil has to look him in the eye and make a judgement call on whether he is being told the truth, even if backed up in writing by Huw Jenkins, surely is the final evidence that the position is untenable.

We need a new Trust Supporter Director. We need to move on now.

Sorry for all the edits I think my typing is turning me into Perchie.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 9:01]

HC is a decent guy however I think that it wrong for the any Trust representative and especially the Supporters Director to be collecting £40,000 a year off the club.

Any neutral observer would immediately point to the huge conflict of interest presented by such an arrangement.
Supporters Trust governance documents on 18:33 - Oct 25 with 1983 viewsmorningstar

Supporters Trust governance documents on 18:15 - Oct 25 by Oldjack

Aww bless him and newly gained millions whilst selling us to god only knows
Sorry mate i got no time for him or the others anymore ,all respect has gone overnight

He's talking about Huw Cooze. Jesus, it's not often i agree with Darran but...............

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters Trust governance documents on 19:00 - Oct 25 with 1944 viewsOldjack

Supporters Trust governance documents on 18:33 - Oct 25 by morningstar

He's talking about Huw Cooze. Jesus, it's not often i agree with Darran but...............

Oops sorry, Someone else mentioned HJ was just a little mouth piece for the rest the other day and they felt a little bit sorry for him ,so not to worry my stance is the same no matter what ,and after reading about the boozing buddies of HC i'll never believe he didn't have a clue about the sell up

PS Prosser never gets ANYTHING right and he lies

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Supporters Trust governance documents on 19:12 - Oct 25 with 1918 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"confirmed by HJ bot verbally and in writing."

This explains everything. When did the switch occur and where is the real HJ being held? Was it aliens or exraordinary rendition?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:11 - Oct 25 with 1839 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust governance documents on 19:12 - Oct 25 by NeiltheTaylor

"confirmed by HJ bot verbally and in writing."

This explains everything. When did the switch occur and where is the real HJ being held? Was it aliens or exraordinary rendition?

Perhaps that is the real Huw and that's a tough pill for us punters to swallow.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:14 - Oct 25 with 1823 viewsicecoldjack

So T2C and a few others have been calling things right the last 18 months.

far too much self interest going on at scfc and fook the fans while it's going on, still, somebody will be along on awhile to say things could have been done better and in future it will be different .
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:29 - Oct 25 with 1794 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:14 - Oct 25 by icecoldjack

far too much self interest going on at scfc and fook the fans while it's going on, still, somebody will be along on awhile to say things could have been done better and in future it will be different .

I think the answer lies somewhere in between Icey.

I know that there has been a debate around remuneration for governor's in FE colleges in England recently, as the work needs to recruit a high calibre candidate.

I think Uxy et al. have acknowledged the errors and now they have to be held accountable if future processes are not followed.

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:30 - Oct 25 with 1788 viewsWingstandwood

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:14 - Oct 25 by icecoldjack

I was a HJ loyalist stuck up for him and praised him and others to the hilt! The extremely generous dividend payments. other financial returns, status, power, perks, privilege etc were well deserved IMO.
But HJ's and others disgusting behaviour over the sell-off has turned me and others well and truly against them.

So T2C does look to be rather right! I hope our new owners realise that any continuance of the likes of Huw Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan, Katzen, Van Zweden presence around the Liberty Stadium is now offensive to many SCFC supporters. Bad PR will hit you and haunt you Yanks! The toxic atmosphere created by those impostors is going to hit SCFC's supporters loyalty and hit the club financially!

Argus!

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:32 - Oct 25 with 1782 viewsmonmouth

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:29 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

I think the answer lies somewhere in between Icey.

I know that there has been a debate around remuneration for governor's in FE colleges in England recently, as the work needs to recruit a high calibre candidate.

I think Uxy et al. have acknowledged the errors and now they have to be held accountable if future processes are not followed.

Aye, I hope no one is thinking of saying this is reset year zero though, and the current incumbent has a potential further 6 year tenure.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:34 - Oct 25 with 1769 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:32 - Oct 25 by monmouth

Aye, I hope no one is thinking of saying this is reset year zero though, and the current incumbent has a potential further 6 year tenure.

In think it's only right that Uxy clarifies this for is

A very fair point Monny

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 1765 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Exactly what I was thinking, but I think thats exactly whats going to happen.
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 1754 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:35 - Oct 25 by Return_of_the_Jack

Infact, Alan Lewis has just posted this on the Trust Facebook page:

"The payments were made by the Club as a Director of the Club not by the Trust. The whole Conflict of Interest and wider governance issues have been debated by the Trust for nearly twelve months - too long I agree - but this announcement by the Trust - not as a result of any leaks- has come when that review has been completed. As for resignations - the Trust Board has always said that they have confidence that there is no evidence that the Supporter Director has ever acted in anything but the best interests of the Football Club and its supporters and nothing has changed."
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:39 - Oct 25 with 1709 viewsicecoldjack

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:30 - Oct 25 by Wingstandwood

I was a HJ loyalist stuck up for him and praised him and others to the hilt! The extremely generous dividend payments. other financial returns, status, power, perks, privilege etc were well deserved IMO.
But HJ's and others disgusting behaviour over the sell-off has turned me and others well and truly against them.

So T2C does look to be rather right! I hope our new owners realise that any continuance of the likes of Huw Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan, Katzen, Van Zweden presence around the Liberty Stadium is now offensive to many SCFC supporters. Bad PR will hit you and haunt you Yanks! The toxic atmosphere created by those impostors is going to hit SCFC's supporters loyalty and hit the club financially!

Those we trusted in have ripped the ar$E HOLE out of the club, every thread of what set us apart, made us feel different and made us enjoy things just that little bit more has lost out to greed ,cliques and nest feathering.

Seems to me that every fooker apart from the hard paying fans has been on a right jolly up these last 6 yrs .
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:40 - Oct 25 with 1696 viewsMillie

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:35 - Oct 25 by Return_of_the_Jack

Didn't Andy say it had morphed into a position that was more than just a Supporters Director and probably to big for one guy

I copied this from the trust website, surely we need to know what the other roles are

Huw has been a long standing director of Swansea City FC and has given a massive amount of time to the club in his combined duties as Supporter Director, Supporters Liaison Officer, and a Trustee of the Community Trust
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:41 - Oct 25 with 1683 views3swan

First question that came to mind.
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:44 - Oct 25 with 1675 viewsexiledclaseboy

For any kind of line to be drawn under this sorry mess the current supporter director should resign or be removed and replaced. It really is that simple. He is compromised and damaged and if the Trust doesn't insist on a clean break and a new start under its newly revealed governance regime then I'm afraid the Trust itself may be mortally damaged. It may already be.

Poll: Tory leader

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:45 - Oct 25 with 1663 viewsmonmouth

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:37 - Oct 25 by Return_of_the_Jack

Infact, Alan Lewis has just posted this on the Trust Facebook page:

"The payments were made by the Club as a Director of the Club not by the Trust. The whole Conflict of Interest and wider governance issues have been debated by the Trust for nearly twelve months - too long I agree - but this announcement by the Trust - not as a result of any leaks- has come when that review has been completed. As for resignations - the Trust Board has always said that they have confidence that there is no evidence that the Supporter Director has ever acted in anything but the best interests of the Football Club and its supporters and nothing has changed."

"there is no evidence that the Supporter Director has ever acted in anything but the best interests of the Football Club and its supporters"

What?

Firstly, I'd rather see, "there is clear and overwhelming evidence that the SD has always acted in the best interests of the supporters and their involvement in the club."

Secondly, what if the interests of the 'football club' and the supporters conflict?

Let me say again I've nothing personal against Mr Cooze or anyone else in the Trust. In fact I am grateful to them. There needs to be some concrete actions now though, not platitudes, and I hope there will be. We need a very strong Trust now.

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:49 - Oct 25 with 1631 viewsicecoldjack

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:44 - Oct 25 by exiledclaseboy

For any kind of line to be drawn under this sorry mess the current supporter director should resign or be removed and replaced. It really is that simple. He is compromised and damaged and if the Trust doesn't insist on a clean break and a new start under its newly revealed governance regime then I'm afraid the Trust itself may be mortally damaged. It may already be.

Tend to think it may already be.
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:49 - Oct 25 with 1629 viewsWingstandwood

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:39 - Oct 25 by icecoldjack

Those we trusted in have ripped the ar$E HOLE out of the club, every thread of what set us apart, made us feel different and made us enjoy things just that little bit more has lost out to greed ,cliques and nest feathering.

Seems to me that every fooker apart from the hard paying fans has been on a right jolly up these last 6 yrs .

Would you agree with me? Many a SCFC supporter will never in a million years renew or buy a season ticket if they know the likes of HJ's, Dineen, Katzen, Van Zweden, Morgan were still getting VIP director treatment, director title, director status after what they've done?

It's offensive and insulting to many a SCFC supporter/SCST member if they're still hanging around the director's box/SCFC corridors like ravenous leeches still wanting all what they had before the sell off?

They sold so they should f#ck off! I hope SCST can make an issue of this?

Argus!

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:54 - Oct 25 with 1604 views3swan

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:49 - Oct 25 by Wingstandwood

Would you agree with me? Many a SCFC supporter will never in a million years renew or buy a season ticket if they know the likes of HJ's, Dineen, Katzen, Van Zweden, Morgan were still getting VIP director treatment, director title, director status after what they've done?

It's offensive and insulting to many a SCFC supporter/SCST member if they're still hanging around the director's box/SCFC corridors like ravenous leeches still wanting all what they had before the sell off?

They sold so they should f#ck off! I hope SCST can make an issue of this?

"It's offensive and insulting "

Not sure what my actions will be, but I can say I think I'd find it easier to walk away now than I would if we had gone out of the league in 2003
Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:59 - Oct 25 with 1583 viewsWingstandwood

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:54 - Oct 25 by 3swan

Not sure what my actions will be, but I can say I think I'd find it easier to walk away now than I would if we had gone out of the league in 2003

Yeah its twisting of knife into SCFC supporters stuff! Disgusting......... talk about gobsmacking naivety shown by the new owners.

Argus!

Supporters Trust governance documents on 21:01 - Oct 25 with 1564 viewsmonmouth

Supporters Trust governance documents on 20:54 - Oct 25 by 3swan

I've had a poor day, but I've been thinking I've had a gutsful and this will be my last year unless things change markedly. I think I may need a break for a few years anyway as what has happened over the last few months sickens and repels me. Really not sure I either love or support what the club is now, nor what it is bound to become.

Sorry for the self pitying whine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024