Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need Will Hughes in January. 12:59 - Nov 5 with 3496 viewsItchySphincter

Offer them a bunch of cash plus Ki.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We need Will Hughes in January. on 13:05 - Nov 5 with 2486 viewsmagicdaps10

We need Ki's midfield partner for his national team.....................Mirac Le.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We need Will Hughes in January. on 13:14 - Nov 5 with 2461 viewsNogginthenog

Agreed , always been impressed with him.
We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:07 - Nov 5 with 2373 viewsHighjack

Didn't he have some sort of serious injury that kept him out for over a year?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:12 - Nov 5 with 2345 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

No, we need a midfielder who has shown he can play to a very high standard in one of Europe's top leagues.

We do not need more Championship level players who may come good 2 or 3 years down the line.

Hughes will cost nothing short of £15m (assuming his contract doesn't run out in June)

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:18 - Nov 5 with 2337 viewsexiledclaseboy

Don't offer them Ki ffs. It'll put them off.

Poll: Tory leader

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:34 - Nov 5 with 2291 viewsjasper_T

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:07 - Nov 5 by Highjack

Didn't he have some sort of serious injury that kept him out for over a year?

He was the next big thing 3 or 4 years ago. Funny how so many English kids never progress past that.
We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:38 - Nov 5 with 2272 viewsdobjack2

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:12 - Nov 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No, we need a midfielder who has shown he can play to a very high standard in one of Europe's top leagues.

We do not need more Championship level players who may come good 2 or 3 years down the line.

Hughes will cost nothing short of £15m (assuming his contract doesn't run out in June)

But that could cost £12 million or probably a lot more.
We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:53 - Nov 5 with 2225 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:38 - Nov 5 by dobjack2

But that could cost £12 million or probably a lot more.

Indeed. I would rather spend that sort of money on somebody who has proven he can score and create in a strong league rather than a person who has done so only in the second tier.

Ziyech was another player available very early on in the transfer window for around that price, but we for some reason waited until right at the end to make a move.

He has 4 in 8 games currently for Ajax.

Sickening.

Login to get fewer ads

We need Will Hughes in January. on 16:22 - Nov 5 with 2094 viewsdobjack2

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:53 - Nov 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Indeed. I would rather spend that sort of money on somebody who has proven he can score and create in a strong league rather than a person who has done so only in the second tier.

Ziyech was another player available very early on in the transfer window for around that price, but we for some reason waited until right at the end to make a move.

Sickening.

Couldn't agree more with you.

Everything that I read during the last window suggests that we had scouted several players for that role, ziyech being one of them. However he was not our main target as we did not follow up any early enquiries.

I suspect that our main target was chadli but we weren't prepared to pay what Spurs wanted so we're holding out to get him at a lower fee at the end of the window. That strategy crashed and burned when West Brom decided that they really wanted the player and were prepared to pay a fee that Spurs would accept. We then went into panic mode trying to get ziyech who was putting pen to paper on an Ajax deal and finally descended into desperate amateur clown mode with enner Valencia.

The same with the shambles with Joe. We identified a weakness in central midfield and earmarked Joe. For whatever reason we decided not to pursue Joe after saying we were still interested during that pathetic press conference. Then we do feck about the weakness by not signing a similar style player.

Add in the rest of our head of recruitment's work over several windows and nobody should be that surprised that we are where we are in the league.
We need Will Hughes in January. on 16:27 - Nov 5 with 2077 viewsmagicdaps10

Sickening.

The Ziyech and Allen situations were criminal, unless of course there was no real intention to sign them.

For me, the picture is getting clearer and clearer by each day.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We need Will Hughes in January. on 16:32 - Nov 5 with 2063 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We need Will Hughes in January. on 16:27 - Nov 5 by magicdaps10

The Ziyech and Allen situations were criminal, unless of course there was no real intention to sign them.

The only intention was to keep the share price up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We need Will Hughes in January. on 17:01 - Nov 5 with 2002 viewsAussieSwan

I think we were making contingency plans for life in the Championship.

Writing on the wall was giving new contracts to Routledge, Dyer, Rangel, etc ... players we should have upgraded on years ago

Yet another sign of the absolute incompetency of Jenkins. He has to step away from all contract/transfer related business - he's making me more and more infuriated by the day.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 17:04]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

We need Will Hughes in January. on 17:10 - Nov 5 with 1963 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We need Will Hughes in January. on 17:01 - Nov 5 by AussieSwan

Writing on the wall was giving new contracts to Routledge, Dyer, Rangel, etc ... players we should have upgraded on years ago

Yet another sign of the absolute incompetency of Jenkins. He has to step away from all contract/transfer related business - he's making me more and more infuriated by the day.

Well those players wont get us out of The Championship. I very much doubt this side without Baston and Gylfi and Fabianski, who would almost be certainly off should we be relegated, would even survive in The Championship.

We need Will Hughes in January. on 18:54 - Nov 5 with 1856 viewscostalotta

We need Will Hughes in January. on 17:10 - Nov 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well those players wont get us out of The Championship. I very much doubt this side without Baston and Gylfi and Fabianski, who would almost be certainly off should we be relegated, would even survive in The Championship.

Was saying this on another thread a few days ago. They'll all be a year older and a year slower in thought and deed.

The multimillionaires built a relegation squad.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2016 18:55]
We need Will Hughes in January. on 19:08 - Nov 5 with 1828 viewsdobjack2

It would depend on what we did with the transfer fees and the terms that we offered potential recruits.
We need Will Hughes in January. on 19:53 - Nov 5 with 1765 viewsItchySphincter

We need Will Hughes in January. on 14:18 - Nov 5 by exiledclaseboy

Don't offer them Ki ffs. It'll put them off.

lol

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:03 - Nov 5 with 1746 viewsporschejack

The mericans will spend sweet fa in January .
We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:06 - Nov 5 with 1738 viewsexiledclaseboy

We need Will Hughes in January. on 19:53 - Nov 5 by ItchySphincter

lol

Love you too x

Poll: Tory leader

We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:18 - Nov 5 with 1705 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ziyech had a choice

Swans or Ajax

Straight forward choice for most .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:33 - Nov 5 with 1662 viewsFlashberryjack

They're not meant to get us out of the Championship, the Americans couldn't give a flying f*ck what league we're in.

It's all about spending as little as possible, showing a profit during the parachute payment years, then walk away when they've stopped.

And the best way to spend less, is to get to the bottom of football league as soon you possibly can, and that's where we're surely heading.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:35 - Nov 5 with 1653 viewsairedale

We need Will Hughes in January. on 17:01 - Nov 5 by AussieSwan

But if he made contingency plans before we got bad, then he done the right thing?
We need Will Hughes in January. on 21:35 - Nov 5 with 1535 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:33 - Nov 5 by Flashberryjack

They're not meant to get us out of the Championship, the Americans couldn't give a flying f*ck what league we're in.

It's all about spending as little as possible, showing a profit during the parachute payment years, then walk away when they've stopped.

And the best way to spend less, is to get to the bottom of football league as soon you possibly can, and that's where we're surely heading.

Well that makes no sense. They invested £68m of their clients money. Their only way to make their money back is to sell the club again when it is worth more than when they bought it.

I think they underestimated just what was required to stay in this league.

If I had invested my money in whatever fund they are managing, I'd be very angry as it was a ludicrously high risk investment for a minimal return.

We need Will Hughes in January. on 21:46 - Nov 5 with 1508 viewsmax936

Sickening.

Ziyech and Vilhena a decent winger and we'll be gunning for the top 6,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

We need Will Hughes in January. on 22:10 - Nov 5 with 1474 viewsdobjack2

We need Will Hughes in January. on 20:18 - Nov 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ziyech had a choice

Swans or Ajax

Straight forward choice for most .

By the time we made any serious attempt to sign him it was too late.
We need Will Hughes in January. on 22:13 - Nov 5 with 1465 viewsairedale

If it lookers like drapes in Jan, then we had better plan for promotion in 2017/2018.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024