Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Sam? 17:18 - Dec 3 with 3890 viewsmagicdaps10

Really!?!

I can see the sense but for me it is a big no.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Big Sam? on 17:20 - Dec 3 with 2553 viewsPrivate_Partz

Who else? Bearing in mind who would come here?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

N/A. on 17:21 - Dec 3 with 2552 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 2:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Big Sam? on 17:23 - Dec 3 with 2530 viewsjack247

He would be perfect at the moment, as anti-Swansea as his football is. If won't happen though. Firstly our owners would have to swallow their pride and do the right thing, then they would have to shell out big bucks to attract him. They are too stubborn and too tight in my view
Big Sam? on 17:33 - Dec 3 with 2477 viewsGriffting

This sounds crazy but if we could just get someone in who isn't a household name but had a philosophy and real sense of identity, much like Rodgers when we got him or Martinez, some fresh hunger that typifies the Swansea style. Appleton or someone like that, then I'd rather them have a 6 month period of trying to sort this mess out ready for next season so that we could be back on track from the very first whistle. That just me.
Big Sam? on 17:35 - Dec 3 with 2457 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Big Sam? on 17:33 - Dec 3 by Griffting

This sounds crazy but if we could just get someone in who isn't a household name but had a philosophy and real sense of identity, much like Rodgers when we got him or Martinez, some fresh hunger that typifies the Swansea style. Appleton or someone like that, then I'd rather them have a 6 month period of trying to sort this mess out ready for next season so that we could be back on track from the very first whistle. That just me.

That's stupid.

Either get somebody in with experience of keeping rubbish sides up in the Premier League or hire somebody with proven capability of promoting teams from The Championship on the first attempt.

Anything else is stupid and is the reason we're in this sort of position.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Big Sam? on 17:36 - Dec 3 with 2445 viewsDyfnant

I'd take him until the end of the season, if it had to be longer I'd rather be relegated

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Big Sam? on 17:37 - Dec 3 with 2435 viewskarnataka

Big Sam? on 17:35 - Dec 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's stupid.

Either get somebody in with experience of keeping rubbish sides up in the Premier League or hire somebody with proven capability of promoting teams from The Championship on the first attempt.

Some of your posts have really pissed me off this afternoon but that one is spot on.
Big Sam? on 17:41 - Dec 3 with 2414 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Big Sam? on 17:37 - Dec 3 by karnataka

Some of your posts have really pissed me off this afternoon but that one is spot on.

What posts annoyed you?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Big Sam? on 17:41 - Dec 3 with 2413 viewsAngelRangelQS

Why don't people want Allardyce?

He'd just come in and do what we are basically already doing but better.

The "Swansea way" has been dead for the best part of 3 years and it's not coming back any time soon with this group of players.
Big Sam? on 17:46 - Dec 3 with 2387 viewskarnataka

Big Sam? on 17:41 - Dec 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What posts annoyed you?

It's nothing personal, just being honest but if you genuinely think I can be arsed to go back through the matchday thread and quote you examples, then you're nuts!
Big Sam? on 17:46 - Dec 3 with 2381 viewsGriffting

Big Sam? on 17:35 - Dec 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's stupid.

We need to start again. We need to get back what made us different to the rest for 7/8 seasons. Do that and you're simply just like every other club. We've said 'yeah we'll just get him to get us out of the sh*t' then it's 'right we're going down so get someone who plays sh*t football but will get us out of the championship', when does that stop?? Next we're just another West Brom. Finishing bottom 4/5 every year and playing absolutely dire football. That might be your preference but I can't say it's mine.

And to be clear, we're absolutely not in this position because of trying to get a manager with a sense of style and identity. We've hired two sh*t managers who can't do anything with this squad beyond its means. What I'm suggesting got us to where we dreamt of being. We need a philosophy back at this club, and we need everyone to buy into it.

Edit: West Brom probably not the best example. Take Sunderland instead. Relegation battle for the past 6/7 season playing negative crap and scraping by every year. Not how I'd like to see us go.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 17:53]
Big Sam? on 17:48 - Dec 3 with 2355 viewsDyfnant

Big Sam? on 17:41 - Dec 3 by AngelRangelQS

Why don't people want Allardyce?

He'd just come in and do what we are basically already doing but better.

The "Swansea way" has been dead for the best part of 3 years and it's not coming back any time soon with this group of players.

Yup, sh1t football's digestible when you win

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Big Sam? on 17:54 - Dec 3 with 2309 viewsPozuelosSideys

Look at the players we have. We lack quality and we have minimal technical competence. Forget about pretty stuff. We have a team of cloggers. Fat Sam is ideal. Anyone else will be trying to make silk purses out of pigs ears.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Big Sam? on 17:54 - Dec 3 with 2309 viewsAngelRangelQS

Big Sam? on 17:48 - Dec 3 by Dyfnant

Yup, sh1t football's digestible when you win

I guess it depends on where your priorities lie and whether you want us to stay up or not.

Personally I don't see anyone other than Allardyce or maybe Hodgson keeping us up this season. Both have orchestrated "great escapes" in the past and know what's required.

The time for bringing in someone to play good football was in the summer, though even then they'd probably have needed a budget. Looks like madness that Brendan wasn't appointed now.
Big Sam? on 19:09 - Dec 3 with 2220 viewsSwansea93

Would he even want to come here?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Big Sam? on 19:28 - Dec 3 with 2163 viewsjack247

Big Sam? on 19:09 - Dec 3 by Swansea93

Would he even want to come here?

Yes. But he is a greedy fck and would have us over an absolute barrel. We would have to pay well over the top. The majority owners only have themselves to blame for that though
Big Sam? on 21:39 - Dec 3 with 2033 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"I've said a lot of things over the years that people laugh at and I find them very insulting for making a joke about it or laughing at how I could be a manager of any club, anywhere and deal with it. I still feel like I can walk into any club, anywhere, any time and deliver. It's a bit like a CEO, isn't it? You can take up a position in any industry and if you're a good CEO, you can make that company profitable. You put me in a football environment anywhere in the world and I can deliver the module. I can modify the module for the particular culture and the way of playing."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/30/sam-allardyce-west-ham

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Big Sam? on 21:58 - Dec 3 with 2001 viewsDewi1jack

People say that fat Sam is Anti-football.
And what exactly have we been this season?

At least Chewing gum Sam would get our bunch of on the whole, useless bunch of uncaring, overpaid, underworked so called players fighting.
I hate the thought of us going down with a whimper instead of a fight.
Can't see the Merrycans getting rid of Boob though.
Maybe make him Director of Human playing technical resources (sounds good doesn't it? Fugknows what one does though)and get a decent coach who knows what is required in

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Big Sam? on 22:09 - Dec 3 with 1981 viewsDJack

Feck my eyes. There are posters here who are normally worth listening to but tonight I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Just go and support the top six if you want generic "solutions" you utter w ankers.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Big Sam? on 22:25 - Dec 3 with 1954 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Big Sam? on 22:09 - Dec 3 by DJack

Feck my eyes. There are posters here who are normally worth listening to but tonight I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Just go and support the top six if you want generic "solutions" you utter w ankers.

You just don't understand the module

Big Sam? on 22:51 - Dec 3 with 1907 viewsRancid

Forget it.He wouldn't touch us with a bargepole anyway.You know we're in deep deep shit and now so far removed and disorienatated from where we were and still should be, when some fans think Sam Allardyce will be the answer to all our problems and keep us up.We're not Sunderland and wouldn't have the gonads to spend big in January so the likes of Fat Head wouldn't think it worth his while.Out of that type of manager (known for saving clubs) from relegation I'd rather Nigel Pearson and think it more realistic as he dropped back down to the Championship with Derby and wouldn't think a challenge at Swansea beneath him.He's a fiery character and someone who the players would respect and we'd not have seen a gutless performance like today's from a Pearson team.We could still go down but at least we'd go down fighting.

Only 3 teams have ever stayed up after being bottom at Christmas and Pearson's Leicester were one.He left Derby after their chairman deployed drones during training sessions to observe things and Pearson objected.Surely, after that he'd fancy a go here?

Anyway, they're both wan4ers but it's where we're at, sadly.
Big Sam? on 23:05 - Dec 3 with 1881 viewscentrestandswan

Nigel Pearson anyone kept Leicester up, just saying like seeing as Big Sam as been mentioned.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Big Sam? on 23:11 - Dec 3 with 1863 viewsNeiltheTaylor

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/nigel-pearson-whats-wrong-mate-820

Big Sam? on 23:19 - Dec 3 with 1846 viewsRancid

Big Sam? on 23:11 - Dec 3 by NeiltheTaylor

He hadn't even kept Leicester up when that article was written.Even so, he's obviously still a bit of a t**t but a more realistic appointment than Allardyce.
Big Sam? on 23:24 - Dec 3 with 1822 viewscentrestandswan

Big Sam? on 23:11 - Dec 3 by NeiltheTaylor

some interesting articles on that web site, cheers for that.Bookmarked.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024