Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Swimming 16:19 - Dec 11 with 1122 viewsCooperman

Are there any PS folk out there with children attached to a swimming club?

My two participated in the Carms & West Wales open today; incidentally the Swansea club had a strong turn out. The junior Cooper's represent Amman Valley SC as that's the pool that they learned to swim in (Llanelli pool was closed for refurb at the time). These open's are very well organised from the point of view of organisation, schedule, use of technology and so on. I've had a good day watching them all from poolside.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Junior Swimming on 19:01 - Dec 11 with 1082 viewsPacemaker

My nephew and nieces are all swimming competively with the Rhondda swimming club, they have all swum from a very early age, it is a great sport with a great network of people around it. Does keep them very fit and and competitive.

My two brothers are very good swimmers one of my big regrets Is i didn't take swimming seriously when I was younger, I love it now but have a crap technique.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Junior Swimming on 00:14 - Dec 12 with 1022 viewsmajorraglan

This was the first swimming event the Carmarthen Club have organised so I am pleased to hear you enjoyed and I will pass your sentiments on. The club is run by volunteers who work really hard and the main man who s a great guy also happens to be a massive Swansea City fan 😃.

Swim Swansea are by far the biggest club in West Wales, they have some very good swimmers and access to great facilities and coaches.

My eldest has not long finished Club swimming after 8 years, when he was at his peak he was training for about 12 hours a week, as you can imagine he was really really fit, he was also playing competitive water polo to a high level which is a tough game and training for that on top of the swimming. The youngest still swims, but it's more of a fitness/social thing with him. Swimming is a great sport for fitness and it keeps the kids off the street corners, hopefully they will enjoy it for years.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 22:51]
Junior Swimming on 08:33 - Dec 12 with 984 viewsCooperman

Junior Swimming on 00:14 - Dec 12 by majorraglan

This was the first swimming event the Carmarthen Club have organised so I am pleased to hear you enjoyed and I will pass your sentiments on. The club is run by volunteers who work really hard and the main man who s a great guy also happens to be a massive Swansea City fan 😃.

Swim Swansea are by far the biggest club in West Wales, they have some very good swimmers and access to great facilities and coaches.

My eldest has not long finished Club swimming after 8 years, when he was at his peak he was training for about 12 hours a week, as you can imagine he was really really fit, he was also playing competitive water polo to a high level which is a tough game and training for that on top of the swimming. The youngest still swims, but it's more of a fitness/social thing with him. Swimming is a great sport for fitness and it keeps the kids off the street corners, hopefully they will enjoy it for years.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 22:51]

Yes please do Major; I made similar comments to some of the staff yesterday.

My son is 11 and he is currently up at 7 to 8 hrs pool time per week and some of the individual sessions involve 4km of swimming. He picked up a bronze medal yesterday for his age group in butterfly which ironically is his weakest stroke so he was pleased with that. This level of time dedicated to swimming plus the drive time back and forth to Ammanford puts a strain on other things; homework has to be done at other times which invariably means the weekend and I can see participation in other sports having to be sacrificed at some point.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Junior Swimming on 10:28 - Dec 12 with 966 viewsjackal

My three used to swim for Swansea Otters and then Swim Swansea about 25 years ago for about 10 years.

It's really a full time occupation. Training every evening and morning training 3 times a week and competitions at quite a few weekends, They last all day.

They were very fit and made friendships which are still strong today.

But you have to be really committed.
Junior Swimming on 10:49 - Dec 12 with 959 viewscontroversial_jack

Competitive swimming is one of the most demanding sports there is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024