Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? 19:30 - Dec 20 with 4619 viewsLord_Bony

We have heard they are preparing their legal case and a good one it is. But this is being done with a top QC who presumably would charge a lot for their services rendered with the prospect of it taking too long and the damage being done.

If there's a Qc and team involved then yes it will take a long time to sort out in the courts. I sincerely hope the trust stops in its tracks right now and takes appropriate action to ensure it does not get ensnared in the long drawnout legal battle

At the moment it's very simple, just get a court hearing have one or two representatives from both sides in a preliminary hearing and state the facts, use a law firm experienced in he particular points of dispute.

keep it simple and let the judge decide the merits of the case before going to a full hearing . Just test the water first... if thats possible.

Post Edit

I have deleted most of the OP as a lot of what I wrote came out as garbage. Not a good idea to post after drinking a glass or two of wine and being a little angry,I could not help myself it all came flowing out of the keyboard too fast to make sense and appeared a bit incoherent.
Apologies.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:35 - Dec 20 with 2908 viewsBanosswan

And a few hundred years of legal precedent.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:43 - Dec 20 with 2869 viewsLord_Bony

Keep your knickers on ladies,this is supposed to be a forum for discussion.

I'm merely suggesting some kind of preliminary hearing in court to see the strong and weak points of the case. That does not have to involve a large legal team and the hearing can come about quite quickly.

It's no good stretching this thing out for years.

Jeez

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:45 - Dec 20 with 2858 viewsLeonWasGod

Bonkers! What's next - let some of us loose in the operating theatres of Morriston hospital? That'd save the nhs a few quid.
Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:45 - Dec 20 with 2856 viewsDarran

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:45 - Dec 20 by LeonWasGod

Bonkers! What's next - let some of us loose in the operating theatres of Morriston hospital? That'd save the nhs a few quid.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:46 - Dec 20 with 2855 viewsmorningstar

This is a PS first surely! I can't ever remember a moderator having a mental breakdown on the site anytime in the past tbh.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:50 - Dec 20 with 2817 viewsLord_Bony

Ok fair enough,but this kind of thing does go on.

Anyway,might be a good idea then just to give the fans a statement soon on what is actually happening...maybe nothing much is really and the Yanks will just walk off into the sunset with their booty without so much as a whimper of opposition...

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:55 - Dec 20 with 2782 viewsOldjack

They the Trust have stated i believe there will be no case unless they are dead certs to win or they may well lose everything

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:58 - Dec 20 with 2768 viewsLeonWasGod

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:50 - Dec 20 by Lord_Bony

Ok fair enough,but this kind of thing does go on.

Anyway,might be a good idea then just to give the fans a statement soon on what is actually happening...maybe nothing much is really and the Yanks will just walk off into the sunset with their booty without so much as a whimper of opposition...

Agree on that. If something was happening, but I'm not sure it is. It should be, but the silence is long and deafening.
Login to get fewer ads

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:03 - Dec 20 with 2749 viewsLord_Bony

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 19:55 - Dec 20 by Oldjack

They the Trust have stated i believe there will be no case unless they are dead certs to win or they may well lose everything

Very good point Alan and I am aware of that.

But they are coming from the view of David versus Goliath in court. They are afraid and rightly so of the huge legal costs involved.

I am merely suggesting it does not have to be all or nothing here.

A preliminary hearing of the case can be brought about for about £100 court costs.

A representative of each party presents the facts and the judge will decide the merits or weaknesses of the case.

If The Trusts case is looked upon favourably on the technical points of law....then they should go all in their legal team to reinforce those points in a proper court hearing.

That's all I'm suggesting here,basically cut to the chase before it's too late.

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:07 - Dec 20 with 2732 viewswaynekerr55

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:03 - Dec 20 by Lord_Bony

But they are coming from the view of David versus Goliath in court. They are afraid and rightly so of the huge legal costs involved.

A preliminary hearing of the case can be brought about for about £100 court costs.

A representative of each party presents the facts and the judge will decide the merits or weaknesses of the case.

If The Trusts case is looked upon favourably on the technical points of law....then they should go all in their legal team to reinforce those points in a proper court hearing.

Are you referring to mediation as opposed to the court case?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:08 - Dec 20 with 2730 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:03 - Dec 20 by Lord_Bony

For there to be any kind of hearing surely someone has to bring a claim of some kind? You can't just rock up in court and ask a judge what he thinks.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 20:10]

Poll: Tory leader

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:09 - Dec 20 with 2724 viewsLord_Bony

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:07 - Dec 20 by waynekerr55

Are you referring to mediation as opposed to the court case?

No.

A simple first hearing to present the facts.

No judgement will be made.

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:09 - Dec 20 with 2722 viewsMurph75

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:08 - Dec 20 by exiledclaseboy

For there to be any kind of hearing surely someone has to bring a claim of some kind? You can't just rock up in court and ask a judge what he thinks.

Can't this be done on judge Rinder?
Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:13 - Dec 20 with 2707 viewsDarran

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:09 - Dec 20 by Murph75

Can't this be done on judge Rinder?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:14 - Dec 20 with 2695 viewsOldjack

Yep good idea ,i know how those vultures work ,just a taint sniff of money and before you know it ,it's all gone and you've lost

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:18 - Dec 20 with 2672 viewsLord_Bony

Many court cases have some kind of preliminary hearing.

There is also a type of hearing for example, initially seeking a declaration on the interpretation of a contract rather than damages for a disputed breach,

Only putting it out there fellas,its good to debate.

This is a fans forum.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:21 - Dec 20 with 2654 viewsLord_Bony

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:14 - Dec 20 by Oldjack

Yep good idea ,i know how those vultures work ,just a taint sniff of money and before you know it ,it's all gone and you've lost

I've got a feeling the Yanks would rather this thing take years which will give them plenty of time to finish the stitching up of the club.

This is what's frightening The Tust,fear of the unknown.

Nice to see some of our fans see the funny side of it though...

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:22 - Dec 20 with 2646 viewsplasjack

The legal profession is like an old fashion left wing closed shop, in it for their own ends.
Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:28 - Dec 20 with 2602 viewsLord_Bony

Bore off idiot.

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:29 - Dec 20 with 2587 viewsjack2jack

Sorry to bang on about this shareholders agreement,but this must be the heart of the matter,do we assume that the trust were part of that agreement,if so it's sorted surely,mind you can a bit thick when I comes to this sort of thing.
Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:30 - Dec 20 with 2332 viewsLord_Bony

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:22 - Dec 20 by plasjack

The legal profession is like an old fashion left wing closed shop, in it for their own ends.

Exactly, always a risk they look after their own interests stretching it out and waffling for years.

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:31 - Dec 20 with 2327 viewsmax936

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:28 - Dec 20 by Lord_Bony

Bore off idiot.

You carry on LB at least you bring some humour to the forum, not like the jealous cheap tw@t one.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:36 - Dec 20 with 2293 viewsLord_Bony

Yes you are

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:38 - Dec 20 with 2279 viewsWatchman

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:08 - Dec 20 by exiledclaseboy

the ReMoaners did

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:42 - Dec 20 with 2258 viewsLord_Bony

Should The Trust be seeking legal counsel from the fans? on 20:38 - Dec 20 by Watchman

the ReMoaners did

From what I can see on the .Gov website,it would cost 10k in court fees to bring the case to court for a full hearing if The Trust wanted to go ahead .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024