Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's team 10:08 - Jan 1 with 2074 viewsbuilthjack

Fabianski-
very hard for him with by far the worse back four of recent times. Neither full back going wide and dropping deep to start play when Fab had it. This guy will be gone if we go down.

Naughton-
Didn't do anything outstanding, ball watched a lot. Not enough movement and poor heading the ball.

Amat-
The difference between our centre backs and Bournemouths was immense. Ours got it, passed it, and stood still thinking they had done their job. Bournemouths passed it, and moved into position for the next, or the one after, always available. That comes from coaching. Amat is not good enough for regular Premiership football.

Mawson-
Weaknesses rthroughout his game. Punts it anywhere when under any pressure. His fault initially for the first goal. Wasn't even Barnsleys best centre back, so why Jenkins paid £5m I'd ludicrous.

Taylor-
This guy is shot. Totally. He made one good run and cross in the first half, but did nothing else all game. Out of position most of the time. Maybe Clement can teach him a few things.

Ki-
Poor again, looks like a lost soul. But you know what, I think he will flourish under Clement.

Leon-
Tried his heart out, but hasn't got the players around him anymore.

Fer-
Didn't do too bad, then substituted. Odd.

Dyer-
Tried, but all too often tried to beat his man, and his man had the better of him! Put a couple of crosses in, which that stick in the middle didn't move to, except one header.

Siggy- the most frustrated man on the pitch. If you watch him off the ball, he is always moving into space , wanting the pass threaded through to him, but we rarely do it. He then shakes his head in frustration, knowing that this team are now incapable of doing even the simplest things. Another who I think Clement will bring the best out of.

Llorente-
Lazy, unfit. Doesn't pressure the centre halves at all.

Subs-
Barrow-
Speed. That's it. League 1 player.

McBernie
Ran about a bit. That's it. One header.

Cork
Not an impact sub.

Awaful performance. Clement has a huge task on his hands. Basic coaching needed, and a rocket up most of the players butts.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Yesterday's team on 10:13 - Jan 1 with 2036 viewsCooperman

That's fair Builth.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Yesterday's team on 10:21 - Jan 1 with 2005 viewsLeonWasGod

That point about Siggy applies to most of them, as they're not on the same wavelength at all. Did anyone else see Dyer trying to get Naughton to overlap mid-way through the first half? Time stood still while he repeatedly pointed where he wanted Naughton to go. Naughton just stoop there like a lemon - imagine having to offer an overlap! Clueless sadly.

Bournmouth had movement though - moved the ball well and played through us with ease. I think Howe was embarrassed in his interview when he said they'd had a tough game as they certainly won't get a much easier one.
Yesterday's team on 10:46 - Jan 1 with 1905 viewsFireboy

Great summery BJ

I haven't watched many games this season but the ones I've seen has shown to me that their confidence has totally gone and I'm 99% certain that Bradley is to blame for that

Their effort levels are shocking,individually they are capable but Bradley has knocked it out of them with his bullsh@t and they obviously stopped playing for him because they didn't have ant respect for him

Hopefully with clement coming in with his coaching experience they will start to get the confidence back and you never know we might start playing better

Onwards and upwards

COYJ
Yesterday's team on 10:51 - Jan 1 with 1870 viewsNeath_Jack

Yesterday's team on 10:21 - Jan 1 by LeonWasGod

That point about Siggy applies to most of them, as they're not on the same wavelength at all. Did anyone else see Dyer trying to get Naughton to overlap mid-way through the first half? Time stood still while he repeatedly pointed where he wanted Naughton to go. Naughton just stoop there like a lemon - imagine having to offer an overlap! Clueless sadly.

Bournmouth had movement though - moved the ball well and played through us with ease. I think Howe was embarrassed in his interview when he said they'd had a tough game as they certainly won't get a much easier one.

Dyer and Naughton were both guilty of that, numerous times. They were more than happy to just play little 5 yard one two's with each other instead.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Yesterday's team on 11:03 - Jan 1 with 1829 viewscanhecatchit

Yes was thinking that at the time, then my son and I both said at the same time, Rangel would have been overlapped Dyer and tried to get a cross in there

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Yesterday's team on 11:07 - Jan 1 with 1788 viewsOzzie

Good post agree with nearly all of that.

Llorente - I actually thought he held the ball well yesterday and had we had a performing team would have capitalised on good CF hold up play. I'm sceptical about his injury and going off yesterday and wonder if he had seen enough and though to get out of the game asap to save being further part of the embarrassment!

Taylor - Please leave. I know Swansea league full backs who could do a better job than what he is giving us as a 'professional' footballer.

Someone else said it in a different post but to stay up we need 1/2 full backs, CB, CM and a striker. Without that bring in any manager and imo we'll be nailed on to go down by Feb.

Silver lining - As someone else also said, we'll clear a lot of dead wood if we do get relegated, regain some identity of the club off the field and hopefully get some better atmosphere back in the stadium where people turn up to watch the game rather than their phone!
Yesterday's team on 11:11 - Jan 1 with 1766 viewspencoedjack

Funny how people see things in a different way

Thought Naughton did ok put in 1 peach of a ball straight onto Llorentes swede early in the game

Most know my feelings on dyer, done his best at running around but I'm afraid a winger who fails to beat a man and get a cross in is not PL standard (same for Barrow and Routs)
Yesterday's team on 12:04 - Jan 1 with 1622 viewsawayjack

Good summary. I thought Llorente did OK considering the poor service / support. I hope you're right that Clement can bring the best out of our midfield. Sadly our defence is so poor I don't think it'll help much.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's team on 12:22 - Jan 1 with 1580 viewsswancity

Yesterday's team on 11:11 - Jan 1 by pencoedjack

Funny how people see things in a different way

Thought Naughton did ok put in 1 peach of a ball straight onto Llorentes swede early in the game

Most know my feelings on dyer, done his best at running around but I'm afraid a winger who fails to beat a man and get a cross in is not PL standard (same for Barrow and Routs)

Naughton had a very good game. Used the ball well and got forward quite a bit delivering two great crosses in the first half and had a couple of rockets blocked in the second half as he tried to get forward. An 8/10 from Naughton yesterday, one of the few to do well.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Yesterday's team on 14:31 - Jan 1 with 1415 viewsbermudajack

Yesterday's team on 12:22 - Jan 1 by swancity

Naughton had a very good game. Used the ball well and got forward quite a bit delivering two great crosses in the first half and had a couple of rockets blocked in the second half as he tried to get forward. An 8/10 from Naughton yesterday, one of the few to do well.

My observations
Fab- generally exposed again and not making those world class saves anymore
Taylor - awful, just bloody awful, typified by the fake injury following giving the ball away
Amat - worse than Taylor - no idea where the strikers were - ball watching, bad positioning
Manson - plays the ball well on the ground, panicky under pressure - ball watching
naughton - put in some great crosses. Would like to see him on the right of midfield
Leon - no leadership, ran ragged by their midfield, largely game passed him by.
Ki - would like to see him further forward, not defensive, thought he would be sent off
Dyer - our best attacking threat early on, lost legs after 40 mins - ineffective after that.
Siggi - again hopeless, first touch terrible, losing good possession, ran around a lot
Fer - never made it past the half way, whole midfield out worked/ outplayed
Llorente - won most headers, held ball up well, worked hard with little service

Barrow - not much impact, quick but wrong choices as usual in final 3rd
McBernie - nice to see him get some games time, slightly off the pace, looks like a tennis player looking for his racket
Cork - would have played him alongside Britton and advanced Ki to where Fer was playing

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Yesterday's team on 14:40 - Jan 1 with 1359 viewsicecoldjack

Wouldn't argue with much of that.

That llorente played well. Held it,won his headers,tried to bring others into play. Can't do much more than that with the players we have at the moment.

Naughton - thought he did ok. Technically very good, no understanding with him and dyer though, looked like total strangers .

It's the slowest looking swans team I've ever seen though. The legs are slow the mind is even slower ! Everything is telegraphed and a pleasure for the opposition to read.
!

Think how fluid we were with michu,JDG,Pablo, routs and Leon.

Fook me think of how good we were with gower,prats,Britton, Allen !

Seeing their midfield crush ours yesterday really really hit home just how far we've regressed since Jenkins and monk fooked us over .

Sad.
Yesterday's team on 14:57 - Jan 1 with 1310 viewsawayjack

Yesterday's team on 14:40 - Jan 1 by icecoldjack

Wouldn't argue with much of that.

That llorente played well. Held it,won his headers,tried to bring others into play. Can't do much more than that with the players we have at the moment.

Naughton - thought he did ok. Technically very good, no understanding with him and dyer though, looked like total strangers .

It's the slowest looking swans team I've ever seen though. The legs are slow the mind is even slower ! Everything is telegraphed and a pleasure for the opposition to read.
!

Think how fluid we were with michu,JDG,Pablo, routs and Leon.

Fook me think of how good we were with gower,prats,Britton, Allen !

Seeing their midfield crush ours yesterday really really hit home just how far we've regressed since Jenkins and monk fooked us over .

Sad.

To be honest there are many things I can't understand about our recruitment but how our DOF , managers and support teams have not recognised the need for any pace in our midfield is criminal.
Ki, Cork, Leon, Fer and Siggy must be the slowest in the Prem by some distance.
Yesterday's team on 15:16 - Jan 1 with 1275 viewsicecoldjack

Yesterday's team on 14:57 - Jan 1 by awayjack

To be honest there are many things I can't understand about our recruitment but how our DOF , managers and support teams have not recognised the need for any pace in our midfield is criminal.
Ki, Cork, Leon, Fer and Siggy must be the slowest in the Prem by some distance.

Totally agree.

Slow with and without the ball. I know times move on but ffs of we can't run at least be quick enough to move the ball !

However the previous manager has a lot to say here . The team is totally confused and has not one combination that looks like it works . Too many changes, seven yesterday !!

Midfield has made our prem stay possible, bossing everyone from man utd to Fulham and arsenal . Every game we are getting passed around, passed through , turned and out played ..and it's getting worse not better.

We need to fix defence , we need to fix midfield and up front is iffy !
Looking royally fooked at the moment
Yesterday's team on 15:19 - Jan 1 with 1259 viewsGriffting

I actually don't agree on Mawson assessment. First goal he didn't deal with afobe well enough true, but spotted the danger to get across and close down the winger just for Amat to make and absolute bumble f*ck of a clearance into Fabianski and nearly our own net for an easy tap in. Take that error out and it would have been handled adequately. The second we had THREE players sold by the fullbacks eyes (Cork, barrow, Taylor) and left Stanislas free as a bird on the edge of our area and the rest of defence in no mans land. The third was just and absolute disgraceful effort from everyone. He's the only centre back we have that I look at and think has some potential. Played his way out of danger a few times and also played a couple of lovely cross field balls. Punted it clear a few times but when there's no movement or anyone up the pitch it's pretty difficult, and I'd rather him do that than try and pass it in our penalty area.
Yesterday's team on 15:37 - Jan 1 with 1216 viewsGeoffThom

Yesterday's team on 15:19 - Jan 1 by Griffting

I actually don't agree on Mawson assessment. First goal he didn't deal with afobe well enough true, but spotted the danger to get across and close down the winger just for Amat to make and absolute bumble f*ck of a clearance into Fabianski and nearly our own net for an easy tap in. Take that error out and it would have been handled adequately. The second we had THREE players sold by the fullbacks eyes (Cork, barrow, Taylor) and left Stanislas free as a bird on the edge of our area and the rest of defence in no mans land. The third was just and absolute disgraceful effort from everyone. He's the only centre back we have that I look at and think has some potential. Played his way out of danger a few times and also played a couple of lovely cross field balls. Punted it clear a few times but when there's no movement or anyone up the pitch it's pretty difficult, and I'd rather him do that than try and pass it in our penalty area.

You obviously didn't watch the assessment on motd last night !
I wish people would stop hyping this guy up also Amat before the season started ,the whole sum of our defence is atrocious and bringing in maybes like Mawson really really didn't help ,same goes for the Dutch lad ,so let's stop trying to talk them up ,we need at least four new good defenders it's our only hope this year and next
Yesterday's team on 16:06 - Jan 1 with 1143 viewsGriffting

Yesterday's team on 15:37 - Jan 1 by GeoffThom

You obviously didn't watch the assessment on motd last night !
I wish people would stop hyping this guy up also Amat before the season started ,the whole sum of our defence is atrocious and bringing in maybes like Mawson really really didn't help ,same goes for the Dutch lad ,so let's stop trying to talk them up ,we need at least four new good defenders it's our only hope this year and next

I'm not talking him up. I'm just saying it like it is. He has potential. The fact he's never played a top flight game before this season and looks better than Amat and FF who have been here for years now says something to me. The fact is he's 22/23 years old and should never been asked to come into a situation like this. Will look fine paired with a good centre back with leadership qualities.
Yesterday's team on 18:37 - Jan 1 with 935 viewsLeonWasGod

Yesterday's team on 15:16 - Jan 1 by icecoldjack

Totally agree.

Slow with and without the ball. I know times move on but ffs of we can't run at least be quick enough to move the ball !

However the previous manager has a lot to say here . The team is totally confused and has not one combination that looks like it works . Too many changes, seven yesterday !!

Midfield has made our prem stay possible, bossing everyone from man utd to Fulham and arsenal . Every game we are getting passed around, passed through , turned and out played ..and it's getting worse not better.

We need to fix defence , we need to fix midfield and up front is iffy !
Looking royally fooked at the moment

Agree, we're static in mind as much as in a foot race. Very little anticipation and movement (at any pace).
Yesterday's team on 19:17 - Jan 1 with 883 viewsJBT95

I'm sorry but people slate me for bigging up 'Welsh' players but HOW on earth can you slate Naughton's performance?

So I haven't read the rest of the post cause you clearly aren't well informed.

I'm sorry but if nobody else agrees with me that Kyle was brilliant (in relative terms) yesterday I'm done talking about games and players and will just stick to tickets etc.

Wales online even said he was our best player, so to say he didn't do anything outstanding, sorry just what the hell are you watching?

End of the day we are bottom of the league, it's not gonna be champagne football.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 19:20]
Yesterday's team on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 800 viewsUplandsJack

Yesterday's team on 19:17 - Jan 1 by JBT95

I'm sorry but people slate me for bigging up 'Welsh' players but HOW on earth can you slate Naughton's performance?

So I haven't read the rest of the post cause you clearly aren't well informed.

I'm sorry but if nobody else agrees with me that Kyle was brilliant (in relative terms) yesterday I'm done talking about games and players and will just stick to tickets etc.

Wales online even said he was our best player, so to say he didn't do anything outstanding, sorry just what the hell are you watching?

End of the day we are bottom of the league, it's not gonna be champagne football.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 19:20]

I think brilliant is stretching it a bit far, but I agree he was one of the better players for us yesterday.
Also think llorente had a good game overall. Held the ball up well on many occasions and found his man to lay off to more often than not.
Taylor is utter shite and for the love of God I can't see what Curts sees in him???
I really want Amat to succeed, but as time goes on its worrying. It's one thing making mistakes, but he needs to learn from them. Sadly it doesn't look like he is capable of doing so. Too many times yesterday he was diving in going to ground when all he needed to do was stand the opponent up.
Thought Mawson showed some good moments, but definately at fault for first goal....
Think both CB would improve massively with a senior CB ( like terry) to lead them and more importantly rebuild their confidence.
Dyer apart from a few runs, was just going through the motions and is finished at this level in my eyes, on that performance.
Leon was Leon till the gas tank emptied...
Fer offered little after initial 10 -15 mins. Just a passenger once Curts pulled him out to the left to cover Taylor, who had moaned and moaned to Curts about no out ball, time and again.
Ki, it was refreshing to see him go in for that tackle on 30 secs, shame friend was no friend in booking him there and then. Still played ok and looked hungryfor the first time in 18 months.
Siggy, yes he ran his socks off again but I think he had another poor day out there...
He's trying too hard and lots of shaking of the head. As one of the senior pros he needs to step it up and lead, keep motivating the lesser players. Also Curts started him on the left so he needs to stay there and be more disciplined.
Barrow - another guy who simply just isn't good enough. Plain and simple. Quick but nothing else of note to offer...
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 20:59]
Yesterday's team on 20:26 - Jan 1 with 764 viewsjasper_T

Fer was the worst player on the pitch when he went off. Looked half drunk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024