Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 09:27 - Jan 14 with 2488 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 21:56]
This is What Is Wrong With Football on 11:06 - Jan 14 with 975 viewsblueytheblue

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 10:48 - Jan 14 by monmouth

Fair enough. It's true I was thinking more of Asia in general, and was going by the crowds I've seen at friendlies. As to the Chinese, I agree as individuals they are polite and restrained, but that needs an outlet. Could be football if they get a taste for it, and realise that they won't be shot for expressing it.

Maybe more personal hope than anything. I'd love the pumped up lump of shit that is the bloated Premier league to have some air let out of it. It disgusts me.

Crowds have been pretty big for Chinese games recently. Average wise, easily comparable with Championship / lower Prem. Attendances up year on year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Super_League

Games I've seen on Sky, the crowds have been into it. I suspect the traditional "polite and restrained" view is going to loosen up. Heck, even WWE is getting into the Chinese market.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 11:21 - Jan 14 with 952 viewsPrivate_Partz

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 11:06 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Crowds have been pretty big for Chinese games recently. Average wise, easily comparable with Championship / lower Prem. Attendances up year on year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Super_League

Games I've seen on Sky, the crowds have been into it. I suspect the traditional "polite and restrained" view is going to loosen up. Heck, even WWE is getting into the Chinese market.

So they have crowds as big as us and Cardiff and are prepared to pay players half a million a week. We all know crowds have little bearing on today's finances. So you have Sky money and the corporates investing.
I would suggest anyone investing in this for jam in twenty years time are bonkers. I suspect many outside of China would consider boycotting companies investing in this rediculous project as well.
Also SKy will not have the money to chuck at the Premier League if they are going to support the Chinese madhouse. Maybe even the current investors here will p!ss off as well.
Neither of these scenarios would be a bad thing imho.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:07 - Jan 14 with 878 viewsVetchitBack

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 10:32 - Jan 14 by monmouth

It is easy to envisage that the premier league will be hoist by its own petard. Television money, players, coaches moving to Asia where the crowds are much bigger and emotional in their nature, and all the wealth will be concentrated. It will happen if the will is there to organise it....and what is happening with Costa is a hell of a statement of intent.

Unlike the US which has never cared about the game, there may simply be too much demand and purchasing power to stop it. It's probably just a question of how long it takes. There comes a tipping point where you no longer have to pay these grotesque figures, merely outrageous ones like the PL does currently.

That happens, and the PL will become like the Dutch league. Personally I can't wait for the whole circus, and the w*nky money men, to f**k off elsewhere.

Absolutely.

Dear China,

Please take all the foreign mercenaries, money-men and Sky f*cking Sports.

We won't miss them.

Ta.

Then we introduce safe-standing, lower prices and retrospectively ban cheating.

We might just get our game back?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:10 - Jan 14 with 863 viewsblueytheblue

How far back do you want to roll things back?

Leather footballs?

Maximum wage?

Jumpers for goalposts?

Football like business and society has moved forward.

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:14 - Jan 14 with 848 viewsVetchitBack

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:10 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

How far back do you want to roll things back?

Leather footballs?

Maximum wage?

Jumpers for goalposts?

Football like business and society has moved forward.

Improvements using best elements of past, present and future is progress not regression.

Hideous wages, cheating accepted as normal and passionless crowds can in no way be described as moving forward IMO.

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:18 - Jan 14 with 830 viewsblueytheblue

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:14 - Jan 14 by VetchitBack

Improvements using best elements of past, present and future is progress not regression.

Hideous wages, cheating accepted as normal and passionless crowds can in no way be described as moving forward IMO.

Wages will remain until the football bubble bursts. That's clear.

Passionless crowds... eh... you can't tell people how they should behave. They pay for their ticket after all. Personally I appreciate good atmospheres but I spend the match talking with mates about what's going on.

Cheating accepted as normal? Eh... cheats do get booked. The problem is, refs have to make that judgement at full speed without the benefit of slo-mo replays from numerous angles. Back in the old days, teams would target skilled opposition players with agricultural tackles. So cheating has always gone on.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 12:19]

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:31 - Jan 14 with 798 viewsSwan91

I have no sympathy really.

U.K clubs have been doing something similar (maybe not to the extreme as China are doing currently) for 10-15 years now...

The premier league has shot itself in the foot really... neglected youth, paid big money to bring in foreign players to market themselves worldwide and then when another country comes along and does the same thing(but with more money) they have the audacity to start complaining.... hypocrites really.

The premier league has been money focused for so long now.. widening the gap between premier league and champonship.. more sky sports money.. they are just complaining now because they cant compete.

The bundesliga has probably been the best set up league... their big stars are german, they include german youngsters in their first team.. the prices are not crazy, ticket prices are relatively low.. and through that their international team has benefitted.

If I were premier league teams... if I know I can't compete for with money for foreign players, I would focus my investment in youth, building English players who have the passion for the premier league.. like Tottenham.
This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:47 - Jan 14 with 765 viewsdobjack2

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:31 - Jan 14 by Swan91

I have no sympathy really.

U.K clubs have been doing something similar (maybe not to the extreme as China are doing currently) for 10-15 years now...

The premier league has shot itself in the foot really... neglected youth, paid big money to bring in foreign players to market themselves worldwide and then when another country comes along and does the same thing(but with more money) they have the audacity to start complaining.... hypocrites really.

The premier league has been money focused for so long now.. widening the gap between premier league and champonship.. more sky sports money.. they are just complaining now because they cant compete.

The bundesliga has probably been the best set up league... their big stars are german, they include german youngsters in their first team.. the prices are not crazy, ticket prices are relatively low.. and through that their international team has benefitted.

If I were premier league teams... if I know I can't compete for with money for foreign players, I would focus my investment in youth, building English players who have the passion for the premier league.. like Tottenham.

I have no sympathy either but it is the knock on effect that is the problem. Some premier league clubs have hoarded youngsters, so other clubs don't have them, rules about foreign players have inflated the price for English players so clubs Buy foreign players because they give better value for money.

Premier league outbids a lot of other league raising transfer fees further and now out of nowhere a super predator in china is offering premier league players even more money.

Whilst their careers are short, earning £60-80,000 a week for a few years is life changing unless you are a total nob. Money and greed is killing the game at the higher levels.
Login to get fewer ads

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 14:50 - Jan 14 with 652 viewsVetchitBack

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 12:18 - Jan 14 by blueytheblue

Wages will remain until the football bubble bursts. That's clear.

Passionless crowds... eh... you can't tell people how they should behave. They pay for their ticket after all. Personally I appreciate good atmospheres but I spend the match talking with mates about what's going on.

Cheating accepted as normal? Eh... cheats do get booked. The problem is, refs have to make that judgement at full speed without the benefit of slo-mo replays from numerous angles. Back in the old days, teams would target skilled opposition players with agricultural tackles. So cheating has always gone on.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 12:19]

No I can't tell them how to behave nor would I want to which is why I believe safe-standing is necessary to give people the choice.

In regards to your last paragraph I think my comment about using the best of past, present and future is apt as we rightly retrospectively ban thuggery so should we simulation. I agree it's currently too much for poor refs. You know as well as I how inconsistent the booking of cheats for diving is.

This is What Is Wrong With Football on 17:51 - Jan 14 with 506 viewsphact0rri

To me i do wonder, what China is up to dumping into economic systems like they are. This isn't the first time or any near, that China has came into a market flooding it with cash. I hear the media like they are trying to set up their football league as a global player... but honestly part of me wonders if thats all there is to it.

Though it could also just be my over-active imagination...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024