Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski 22:59 - Jan 31 with 1256 viewsKinsey

I thought Lucas had the best game he's had for a while.

Handling was streets ahead of previous games.

Discuss....
Fabianski on 23:07 - Jan 31 with 1226 viewsjack2jack

Think he's more confident,because our defense is getting sorted.He looked very comfortable with his high balls and pulled off a brilliant save from long range.Cant say anymore, he's finding his mojo at last.Keep it up Fabs
Fabianski on 23:10 - Jan 31 with 1203 viewsKinsey

Fabianski on 23:07 - Jan 31 by jack2jack

Think he's more confident,because our defense is getting sorted.He looked very comfortable with his high balls and pulled off a brilliant save from long range.Cant say anymore, he's finding his mojo at last.Keep it up Fabs

Totally agree. I kind of got used to my 4rse twitching every time a high ball came in, But today he was spot on. Credit where credits due.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 23:23]
Fabianski on 23:21 - Jan 31 with 1166 viewsKilkennyjack

Top man the big Pole tonight 👏

Beware of the Risen People

Fabianski on 10:20 - Feb 1 with 1037 viewssherpajacob

Welcome back Fabby,

Actually came and collected high balls into our box, when we were under pressure.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Fabianski on 11:21 - Feb 1 with 980 viewsJack_y_Jwc

He's always been very commanding when collecting crosses and his handling is a huge step up from Vorm. His shot stopping is excellent.

One criticism though is his reading of the game/ball. Twice last night I can think of times when he didn't come and collect the ball and it led to shots on goal - once was only a few minutes after kick off when Shane Long got in behind Mawson and the other was in the second half when (I think) Redmond got the ball but the defence cleared it. He needs to have more confidence in himself

Fabianski on 11:23 - Feb 1 with 972 viewsgiantstoneater

Good under the high ball last night but I`m not sure on his positioning for their goal.
Fabianski on 11:25 - Feb 1 with 964 views34dfgdf54

Fabianski on 11:23 - Feb 1 by giantstoneater

Good under the high ball last night but I`m not sure on his positioning for their goal.

Naughton and Fernandez were awful for their goal, way to easy, first of all Naughton was where he was most of the game, nowhere, and first rule of being a centre half is not letting the ball come across the front stick. Fernandez has to do better, it was his only mistake, but a mistake a game costs us a goal at the moment.
Fabianski on 11:31 - Feb 1 with 946 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fabianski on 11:25 - Feb 1 by 34dfgdf54

Naughton and Fernandez were awful for their goal, way to easy, first of all Naughton was where he was most of the game, nowhere, and first rule of being a centre half is not letting the ball come across the front stick. Fernandez has to do better, it was his only mistake, but a mistake a game costs us a goal at the moment.

Great to see Fab come off his line and collect crosses at last .

Good game last night from him , great save offf Redmond as well

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski on 11:32 - Feb 1 with 940 viewsgiantstoneater

Fabianski on 11:25 - Feb 1 by 34dfgdf54

RJ agree with that I think Naughton was caught in two minds high up the pitch press or not to press by the time he made his mind up he was well out of position and they broke at pace as they did several times in the game FF should have done better but as the ball went wide look at Fabs position and the gap between him and the near post had he closed that gap more quickly he may have been in a position to block the effort of Mr Floppy!!
Fabianski on 11:40 - Feb 1 with 924 viewssherpajacob

Fabianski on 11:32 - Feb 1 by giantstoneater

RJ agree with that I think Naughton was caught in two minds high up the pitch press or not to press by the time he made his mind up he was well out of position and they broke at pace as they did several times in the game FF should have done better but as the ball went wide look at Fabs position and the gap between him and the near post had he closed that gap more quickly he may have been in a position to block the effort of Mr Floppy!!

Naughton had been on a forward run, Routs had filled in, but one of the other defenders or mids should also have covered across. and Fede should have cut out the cross. Naughton had got back but wasn't tight enough.

I'm actually now confident that Clement would have seen all that and they will now be working on it

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Fabianski on 11:44 - Feb 1 with 909 viewspencoedjack

I have no doubt he will need to be the very top of his game Sunday
Fabianski on 13:14 - Feb 1 with 849 viewsjasonbromham

Maybe it's just me but I thought Fabianski had a very mixed game last night. He made a couple of good saves and collected a few balls from crosses. I think he could have got out and saved the ball for the Southampton goal. Also we had a few oppurtunities for counter attacks and breaks but he took way to long and then the chance was gone. Another time he really played Olsson into trouble although Olsson should have just booted it rather than pass to the Southampton player.
Fabianski on 13:24 - Feb 1 with 815 viewsperchrockjack

He said safe with crosses but his being stuck to the spot is a concern

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabianski on 13:39 - Feb 1 with 786 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

I noticed that he was kicking the ball out to the halfway line nearly every time he had it, which brought the forwards into play much quicker, rather than play out through the back as we've been used to.
Our defenders have struggled with this, have made too many mistakes, so looks like
another good tactical change by Clements which worked last night!
Fabianski on 13:40 - Feb 1 with 785 viewsLegend83

He did well, the goal aside. There was one dangerous cross low across the 6 yard box that he came and gathered safely.

I just hate the fact he seems instructed to boot every goal kick towards Llorente - because his lack of support, more often than not it was just a sure fire way to give possession away.
Fabianski on 14:02 - Feb 1 with 754 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

Fabianski on 13:40 - Feb 1 by Legend83

He did well, the goal aside. There was one dangerous cross low across the 6 yard box that he came and gathered safely.

I just hate the fact he seems instructed to boot every goal kick towards Llorente - because his lack of support, more often than not it was just a sure fire way to give possession away.

Yes but It brought Llorente into the game more and cut out the faffing about at the back .
Thought both players had their best games so far this season.
3 points was the main thing, I'm sure the "Swansea way" will return one day.
Fabianski on 16:57 - Feb 1 with 686 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There were no difficult crosses for him to claim during the match. He comfortably caught all of the ones you'd expect a Sunday league goalkeeper to take so well done to him there.

He made a couple of good saves, however he was definitely at fault for their goal. He was way out of position when the ball was crossed into Long. He should have been far closer to his near post and should have been able to smother the cross or shot.

It was definitely one of his better games this season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabianski on 17:20 - Feb 1 with 664 viewsFireboy

Fabianski on 16:57 - Feb 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There were no difficult crosses for him to claim during the match. He comfortably caught all of the ones you'd expect a Sunday league goalkeeper to take so well done to him there.

He made a couple of good saves, however he was definitely at fault for their goal. He was way out of position when the ball was crossed into Long. He should have been far closer to his near post and should have been able to smother the cross or shot.

It was definitely one of his better games this season.

And there he goes again
Fabianski on 17:23 - Feb 1 with 652 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabianski on 17:20 - Feb 1 by Fireboy

And there he goes again

I have praised Narsingh, Cork and Fabianski in my last three posts. You're right, here I go again.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabianski on 17:57 - Feb 1 with 614 viewsTreforys_Jack

Fabianski on 17:20 - Feb 1 by Fireboy

And there he goes again

Swans fans are happy with Fabs in general that's all that matters,. Ignore the mischief makers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024