Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... 13:33 - Feb 2 with 1664 viewsswanjackal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38841544

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 13:41 - Feb 2 with 1640 viewsLohengrin

He embodies everything the modern left stands for.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 1600 viewsblueytheblue

Liberty gave him an award in 2004.

I wonder which whitewashing report writer and current shadow cabinet member was heading Liberty at that time?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:21 - Feb 2 with 1576 viewsLohengrin

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:12 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

Liberty gave him an award in 2004.

I wonder which whitewashing report writer and current shadow cabinet member was heading Liberty at that time?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:25 - Feb 2 with 1557 viewspikeypaul

Shami Chakrabarti ?
just a guess
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 14:26]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:30 - Feb 2 with 1538 viewsblueytheblue

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:25 - Feb 2 by pikeypaul

Shami Chakrabarti ?
just a guess
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 14:26]

By jove you've guessed correctly! What are the odds on that?

He also "wrote" for the Guardian too.

It's like a whole host of the usual suspects begging to be Lucilled by Negan...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 14:33]

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 1530 viewspikeypaul

1/5

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:38 - Feb 2 with 1506 viewsLohengrin

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:30 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

By jove you've guessed correctly! What are the odds on that?

He also "wrote" for the Guardian too.

It's like a whole host of the usual suspects begging to be Lucilled by Negan...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 14:33]

"Lucilled by Negan."

"Hot damn! This here's a vampire bat!"

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:44 - Feb 2 with 1487 viewsblueytheblue

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:38 - Feb 2 by Lohengrin

"Lucilled by Negan."

"Hot damn! This here's a vampire bat!"

Ah, a fellow cultured fellow!

TV series or the graphic novels, Loh?

Login to get fewer ads

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:46 - Feb 2 with 1478 viewsLohengrin

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:44 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

Ah, a fellow cultured fellow!

TV series or the graphic novels, Loh?

Just the TV series, I'm afraid.

There's no hood to this anorak!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:52 - Feb 2 with 1464 viewsblueytheblue

Lol.

TV series is probably better, Kirkman said he was using it to correct mistakes in the graphic novels. Governor in series 3 was better represented than in the novel - seemed positively delightful whereas in the novel he was a psycho from day one, with hair like Dazzer. First act was cutting Rick's hand off.

Do have to say though that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was an inspired choice, he's absolutely nailed the Negan character perfectly. Without Negan's wearing too - in the novel every second word was f or c based.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:54 - Feb 2 with 1458 viewsswanjackal

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:52 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

Lol.

TV series is probably better, Kirkman said he was using it to correct mistakes in the graphic novels. Governor in series 3 was better represented than in the novel - seemed positively delightful whereas in the novel he was a psycho from day one, with hair like Dazzer. First act was cutting Rick's hand off.

Do have to say though that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was an inspired choice, he's absolutely nailed the Negan character perfectly. Without Negan's wearing too - in the novel every second word was f or c based.

I disagree, I managed to read the first 100+ comics, but lasted 20 mins of a single episode. Then again I'm a comic fan (visual novels = wording for those who don't like to admit they read comics over the age of 16).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:58 - Feb 2 with 1446 viewsblueytheblue

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:54 - Feb 2 by swanjackal

I disagree, I managed to read the first 100+ comics, but lasted 20 mins of a single episode. Then again I'm a comic fan (visual novels = wording for those who don't like to admit they read comics over the age of 16).

It would depend whilst episode you watched, to be honest.

First series was pretty slow - Darabont in charge. Wanted massive amounts of money to continue doing his vision of things. The CDC event there was pretty nicely done. He didn't get the money, walked so Dale was then written out as he left in sympathy with his mate Darabont.

The rest have just been better paced than the novels imo. Characters better developed etc - which is to be expected.

Both are good, just in a different way. No way the rapes of Michonne would have been broadcastable.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 15:00 - Feb 2 with 1438 viewsswanjackal

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:58 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

It would depend whilst episode you watched, to be honest.

First series was pretty slow - Darabont in charge. Wanted massive amounts of money to continue doing his vision of things. The CDC event there was pretty nicely done. He didn't get the money, walked so Dale was then written out as he left in sympathy with his mate Darabont.

The rest have just been better paced than the novels imo. Characters better developed etc - which is to be expected.

Both are good, just in a different way. No way the rapes of Michonne would have been broadcastable.

I can't watch it, it's the same with films from books, or films from comics, just get pouty they don't follow source :P.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 16:52 - Feb 2 with 1348 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What will be the consequences for this bloke apart from losing his job?

"His misconduct has caused real distress to soldiers, their families and to the families of Iraqi people who thought that their loved ones had been murdered or tortured.

"More than £30m of public funds were spent on investigating what proved to be false and dishonest allegations."

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 16:58 - Feb 2 with 1330 viewsblueytheblue

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 15:00 - Feb 2 by swanjackal

I can't watch it, it's the same with films from books, or films from comics, just get pouty they don't follow source :P.

As I said, Kirkman did use the series to correct mistakes, like having Rick's hand cut off by Governor.

Tbh, not sure I'd like it if it followed source 100% - would know precisely what would happen. Like spoilers.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 17:07 - Feb 2 with 1313 viewsswanjackal

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 16:58 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

As I said, Kirkman did use the series to correct mistakes, like having Rick's hand cut off by Governor.

Tbh, not sure I'd like it if it followed source 100% - would know precisely what would happen. Like spoilers.

It can be a pain. My wife give up watching Arrow and Gotham with me when I would commentate how certain characters really strayed from the source....or the most common path (with all the reboots its hard to keep up).

I can't comment on the TV prog, but it is kind of a big deal that he loses his hand, has he lost it yet in the programme?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 17:10 - Feb 2 with 1301 viewsswanjackal

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 16:52 - Feb 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

What will be the consequences for this bloke apart from losing his job?

"His misconduct has caused real distress to soldiers, their families and to the families of Iraqi people who thought that their loved ones had been murdered or tortured.

"More than £30m of public funds were spent on investigating what proved to be false and dishonest allegations."

Unfortunately it seems not much can be done, it seems pointless to see litigation against him, as it appears his firm is no more, and he is pleading poverty. Hopefully his spirit is more broken than the people he put through emotional hell.

Guarantee there are people out there who still pedal the lies he spread though. Narratives often trump facts in many eyes.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 17:52 - Feb 2 with 1247 viewsWarwickHunt

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 14:46 - Feb 2 by Lohengrin

Just the TV series, I'm afraid.

There's no hood to this anorak!

Disappointing thread. Some of the finest minds on PS admitting to watching pulp telly.
I'd barely recovered from learning that Clasey was a Dr. Who fan, and now this.

If I discover Great Britton's an Emmerdale fan or Lisa watches Ice Road Truckers I'm off.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 18:28 - Feb 2 with 1183 viewsKerouac

What a disgusting piece of excrement this character is.

The detail I loved is that he is too much of a shithouse to turn up at the court to face the music.
Contrast that with the bravery of the men he was attempting to slander for profit.

I hope he f*cking rots.
As far as I'm concerned, if he can't afford to pay damages to the soldiers involved he should be sent to prison and all of his assets put up for sale with the profits funneled to the British Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 1129 viewsFieryJack

Not good, but I'm sure there are plenty of solicitors of the opposite persuasion who behave the same way.

One things for sure: nobody should be dim enough to triumphantly use this as a reason to hoodwink us into believing that ALL "our boys" are squeaky clean, cos the bleedin ain't, and never have been.

Can well remember reading a scathing report of a British private during WW2 beating a bloke to death with a chair in an Italian village overseen by his C.O.

His victim, probably some innocent scapegoat, was tied to another chair in the market square, and the villagers were made to witness the hideous battering. Maybe an example was being made of him, I don't know.

The private carried out his "duty" with relish, apparently.

So don't give me any of your "our boys" carp again.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 21:46 - Feb 2 with 1012 viewsKerouac

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 19:03 - Feb 2 by FieryJack

Not good, but I'm sure there are plenty of solicitors of the opposite persuasion who behave the same way.

One things for sure: nobody should be dim enough to triumphantly use this as a reason to hoodwink us into believing that ALL "our boys" are squeaky clean, cos the bleedin ain't, and never have been.

Can well remember reading a scathing report of a British private during WW2 beating a bloke to death with a chair in an Italian village overseen by his C.O.

His victim, probably some innocent scapegoat, was tied to another chair in the market square, and the villagers were made to witness the hideous battering. Maybe an example was being made of him, I don't know.

The private carried out his "duty" with relish, apparently.

So don't give me any of your "our boys" carp again.

"Not good, but...."

His behaviour was outrageous.

Your first reaction to this story, which clearly states the innocence of the British soldiers accused of these awful acts and on the contrary the disgraceful behaviour of their accuser, is to say that you will continue to believe they are up to no good anyway?

...and the example you gave, was 70 odd f*cking years ago!.
Do you have any evidence to back that story up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 15:47 - Feb 3 with 840 viewsFieryJack

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 21:46 - Feb 2 by Kerouac

"Not good, but...."

His behaviour was outrageous.

Your first reaction to this story, which clearly states the innocence of the British soldiers accused of these awful acts and on the contrary the disgraceful behaviour of their accuser, is to say that you will continue to believe they are up to no good anyway?

...and the example you gave, was 70 odd f*cking years ago!.
Do you have any evidence to back that story up?

70 years ago, you bleat.

That's just one that stuck in my mind, but you must be a deluded fool to think 100s of others haven't been committed by our Forces over the years, in recent as well as more distant conflicts. The rape of Kenyan women during the Mau Mau rising of the 50s is another that springs to mind.

Before I go any further, I'd like to say I believe that amongst our military are some of the bravest & finest that this country produces, but, come on, they also harbour some of the bloody worst.

And yes, I'll give you the reference for that Italian incident as soon as the weekends over - I'm at my girlfriends till Monday but will be back amongst my books after that.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 18:54 - Feb 3 with 731 viewsLeonWasGod

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 13:41 - Feb 2 by Lohengrin

He embodies everything the modern left stands for.

Being a w@nker transcends politics. Not that I know what "the modern left" is supposed to mean.

I don't understand why this guy can't face charges. Surely perverting the course of justice applies here at the very least.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 19:28 - Feb 3 with 704 viewsswanjackal

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 16:58 - Feb 2 by blueytheblue

Back off topic, a good link for any geeks into their comics, this site is fantastic....(linked direct to the walking dead series)

http://www.readcomics.tv/comic/the-walking-dead

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.... on 20:07 - Feb 3 with 678 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Walking Dead is an awful TV programme with no redeeming qualities. The wife loves it.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024