Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon 21:57 - Feb 13 with 4192 viewsSwanzay

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cyfarfod-carwyn-carwyn-connect-tickets-2982076471

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:11 - Feb 13 with 2751 viewsCooperman

I had the opportunity for a 1:1 with him a few weeks back on a train home from Paddington.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:23 - Feb 13 with 2731 viewsSwanzay

Did you ask anything.like where is the investment for the rest of Wales and why is WAG so Cardiff centric?
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:39 - Feb 13 with 2706 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:11 - Feb 13 by Cooperman

I had the opportunity for a 1:1 with him a few weeks back on a train home from Paddington.

Can you spill the beans? How did it go?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:46 - Feb 13 with 2694 viewsCooperman

WE had an interesting discussion about public transport including Cardiff Airport and the M4 corridor.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:07 - Feb 13 with 2678 viewsJackofdreambeach

Have I missed something but Swansea Bay now generally referred to as Swansea,Neath & Aberavon whilst Cardiff Bay is Cardiff centre and Cardiff waterfront /Senydd/Film studios?

Funding for major regeneration projects not really reaching 'Swansea Bay' or Swansea anyway.

Perhaps one for Carwyn?
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:11 - Feb 13 with 2665 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:07 - Feb 13 by Jackofdreambeach

Have I missed something but Swansea Bay now generally referred to as Swansea,Neath & Aberavon whilst Cardiff Bay is Cardiff centre and Cardiff waterfront /Senydd/Film studios?

Funding for major regeneration projects not really reaching 'Swansea Bay' or Swansea anyway.

Perhaps one for Carwyn?

Have you not heard, an experimental lagoon that will irreversibly destroy one of few unique features our city has will be built here and it will be deemed a coup for the city, when the reality is no sane city would be willing to see themselves used as a guinea pig to ensure such a project wont be detrimental to other, apparently more important cities.

The funny thing is, most have been converted into thinking it is a great thing, mainly because Swansea usually gets nothing else.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2017 23:11]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:33 - Feb 14 with 2546 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:46 - Feb 13 by Cooperman

WE had an interesting discussion about public transport including Cardiff Airport and the M4 corridor.

Wow you are dead cagey on this one ;-) I am sure you have reasons for this but can you say if you are encouraged or is Carwyn entrenched in his usual Cardiff centric complacency as it suits him and it is his easiest option?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:42 - Feb 14 with 2531 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:11 - Feb 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Have you not heard, an experimental lagoon that will irreversibly destroy one of few unique features our city has will be built here and it will be deemed a coup for the city, when the reality is no sane city would be willing to see themselves used as a guinea pig to ensure such a project wont be detrimental to other, apparently more important cities.

The funny thing is, most have been converted into thinking it is a great thing, mainly because Swansea usually gets nothing else.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2017 23:11]

I have heard this argument, but do we have the evidence? Genuine question as it seems to me the lagoon covers an area that currently is almost untouched by human hand other than the sewage works and the Uni buildings on the shoreline. It will remain tidal, a necessity to generate electricity. There may be some siltimg but God knows the City of Cardiff dredger (for that is its name) could sort that.
I thought the main issue is green energy v cost effectiveness not the destruction of Swansea Bay and/or Crymlyn Bog. Nether of which would be good news.

Login to get fewer ads

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 2530 viewsnice_to_michu

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:33 - Feb 14 by Private_Partz

Wow you are dead cagey on this one ;-) I am sure you have reasons for this but can you say if you are encouraged or is Carwyn entrenched in his usual Cardiff centric complacency as it suits him and it is his easiest option?

He represents Bridgend, most Labour AMs don't represent Cardiff anyway.
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 2516 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:43 - Feb 14 by nice_to_michu

He represents Bridgend, most Labour AMs don't represent Cardiff anyway.

In my opinion they all represent Cardiff. Shamefully ignoring their own areas. The Labour whip reigns supreme. He is the Leader and therefore should have views on the whole if Wales, if not it is pretty pointless going to Gorseinon.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 21:53]

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:08 - Feb 14 with 2493 viewsnice_to_michu

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:49 - Feb 14 by Private_Partz

In my opinion they all represent Cardiff. Shamefully ignoring their own areas. The Labour whip reigns supreme. He is the Leader and therefore should have views on the whole if Wales, if not it is pretty pointless going to Gorseinon.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 21:53]

Your point about it being convenient to be cardiff centric doesn't make sense. But anyway, we've been down that road before.

Will you be attending the event in gorseinon?
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 2476 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:08 - Feb 14 by nice_to_michu

Your point about it being convenient to be cardiff centric doesn't make sense. But anyway, we've been down that road before.

Will you be attending the event in gorseinon?

Indeed. Old ground. No I won't be there and yes I know I am leaving myself open to the complacency tag. If you are going perhaps we could have a heads up. It would be lovely if he announces great investment projects for the rest of Wales.
Somehow I think he will just profess his love for the area and tell us any transport infrastructure investment outside of the SE is too expensive.
Brexit gives him a great opt out on that front as well. Even less money to round. Great exscuse for the Tories to carry on with their austerity measures as well.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:34 - Feb 14 with 2473 viewsSwanzay

Im going!
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:37 - Feb 14 with 2471 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:34 - Feb 14 by Swanzay

Im going!

Good on you mate. If you get a question in then word it carefully. He is an expert politician at worming out of answering directly.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:45 - Feb 14 with 2466 viewsSwanzay

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:37 - Feb 14 by Private_Partz

Good on you mate. If you get a question in then word it carefully. He is an expert politician at worming out of answering directly.

Feel free to post a question,unfortunately all questions a pre requested via the web address posted or request if you "Attend early"
All suggestions most welcome to add to mine.

In other words is a controlled event!
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:33 - Feb 14 with 2433 viewsnice_to_michu

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:32 - Feb 14 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Old ground. No I won't be there and yes I know I am leaving myself open to the complacency tag. If you are going perhaps we could have a heads up. It would be lovely if he announces great investment projects for the rest of Wales.
Somehow I think he will just profess his love for the area and tell us any transport infrastructure investment outside of the SE is too expensive.
Brexit gives him a great opt out on that front as well. Even less money to round. Great exscuse for the Tories to carry on with their austerity measures as well.

Yes, I may well attend.

I'm interetsed to hear your questions, maybe you'll trip him up ;)
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:39 - Feb 14 with 2424 viewsSwanzay

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 23:33 - Feb 14 by nice_to_michu

Yes, I may well attend.

I'm interetsed to hear your questions, maybe you'll trip him up ;)

At least spell correctly, Carwyn!
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 07:39 - Feb 15 with 2365 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 22:45 - Feb 14 by Swanzay

Feel free to post a question,unfortunately all questions a pre requested via the web address posted or request if you "Attend early"
All suggestions most welcome to add to mine.

In other words is a controlled event!

Indeed it is controlled and will be carefully edited if the Cardiff media give it any air time.
I guess I would try and get him on the back foot with a simple question like:

The WAG per capita spend in Wales is massively skewed in favour of Cardiff and it's environs. When will the rest of Wales get his share?

The per capita spend thingy is kept very quiet and not reported. He will either have figures to disprove it or more likely he will just not know and waffle on professing his love of the rest of Wales. It won't do much but will possibly highlight how little WAG care for anything outside of the Cardiff bubble.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 07:44 - Feb 15 with 2364 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 07:39 - Feb 15 by Private_Partz

Indeed it is controlled and will be carefully edited if the Cardiff media give it any air time.
I guess I would try and get him on the back foot with a simple question like:

The WAG per capita spend in Wales is massively skewed in favour of Cardiff and it's environs. When will the rest of Wales get his share?

The per capita spend thingy is kept very quiet and not reported. He will either have figures to disprove it or more likely he will just not know and waffle on professing his love of the rest of Wales. It won't do much but will possibly highlight how little WAG care for anything outside of the Cardiff bubble.

And another.

How can Wales as a country ever function properly when shocking transport links make it a complete investment wasteland. The North South road links for example are a completely unfit for purpose. It divides Wales. It is quicker to get to Dover from Swansea than to Bangor for example.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 08:06 - Feb 15 with 2357 viewsraynor94

Seriously, why don't you just go and ask the questions yourself, you have more than enough to say on here, if you feel that passionately, here's your chance

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 08:24 - Feb 15 with 2348 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 08:06 - Feb 15 by raynor94

Seriously, why don't you just go and ask the questions yourself, you have more than enough to say on here, if you feel that passionately, here's your chance

Yes you are right of course. Unfortunately I can't make it. What are your views? Would be nice if you offered an opinion on the subject rather than just your usual comments on the person.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 08:53 - Feb 15 with 2337 viewsraynor94

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 08:24 - Feb 15 by Private_Partz

Yes you are right of course. Unfortunately I can't make it. What are your views? Would be nice if you offered an opinion on the subject rather than just your usual comments on the person.

I have given my opinion to you on here many times as you well know, Swansea was a thriving busy town in th sixties, successive Councils have killed it long before the WAG was formed, yes Cardiff is benefiting but with a lot of private investment, City deal is on it's way, so is the lagoon, but personally I'd scrap the WAG tomorrow, what a waste of money

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 09:53 - Feb 15 with 2318 viewsCooperman

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 21:33 - Feb 14 by Private_Partz

Cagey? Not really.
Encouraged? Not really.

I hadn't long arrived back in the country after a long haul flight so after some mild pleasantries we spoke about how Cardiff Airport could become another gateway to Europe if marketed and structured correctly, but also referenced the fact that to get there you had to queue in Newport and pay £6.60 to cross the Severn (assuming you were heading or were from the East of CWL). I couldn't fly via Amsterdam and Cardiff because of the extortionate landing fees which impacted on ticket price; instead I had to use Heathrow.

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 2303 viewsSwanzay

A response regarding questions:-

Thank you very much for your question to the First Minister.

To explain the format of the event tomorrow evening, the host of the evening will choose the questions that the First Minister will answer and their order. If by any chance there are more questions than time to answer them and there is not an opportunity for you to ask your question, you would receive a written response from the First Minister.

Best wishes

Non
Non Jones
Tim Cyfathrebu’r Cabinet/ Cabinet Communications team
Adran Cyfathrebu/ Communications Division
Llywodraeth Cymru/ Welsh Government
Ffon/ Tel: 029 2082 3942
Ebost/ email: non.jones@wales.gsi.gov.uk
Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 14:03 - Feb 15 with 2261 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carwyn's coming to Gorseinon on 08:53 - Feb 15 by raynor94

I have given my opinion to you on here many times as you well know, Swansea was a thriving busy town in th sixties, successive Councils have killed it long before the WAG was formed, yes Cardiff is benefiting but with a lot of private investment, City deal is on it's way, so is the lagoon, but personally I'd scrap the WAG tomorrow, what a waste of money

Apologies. I had forgotten. I did not agree at the time and still don't. Decline has been far more pronounced since the advent of WAG. We are stuck with it now. I was in favour and voted for it thinking the whole of Wales would be represented. How wrong I was. Still the is no point in hand wringing. We need to keep questioning the decisions to invest only in Cardiff. It is made much more difficult by a media that has no interest in the alternative argument.
Personally I don't think these forums are much cop. FOIs and getting info out to bloggers like Jac O The North and his ilk are much more effective. Even a post on here can get over a 1000 views. Ever watched Question Time? It is usually he who shouts loudest. Gorseinon will be no different and question will probably focus on street lights, parking and dog poo.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024