Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15million for striker 13:01 - Apr 2 with 5917 viewsDarran

That can't get in the team when we don't have any strikers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15million for striker on 21:26 - Apr 2 with 720 viewsFlashberryjack

£15million for striker on 20:26 - Apr 2 by Nirvana

In turn, with the greatest respect, which part exactly?

OK! not all, but a lot of it, especially "game time" I'm assuming the manager watches him in training, and still doesn't risk putting him on the field of play.

Whoever sanctioned this signing should be investigated by the fraud squad.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£15million for striker on 21:45 - Apr 2 with 689 viewsWxmJax

Bony hasn't played much for Stoke, is he crap all of a sudden ? No, he needs games, same as Baston. I just think it was set up for him today with Ayew on the right we'd have been more fluid.
If Llorente is out on Wednesday then hopefully he'll have his chance but I think it will be same again with perhaps Routs for Narsingh if he's back.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

£15million for striker on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 686 viewsNirvana

£15million for striker on 21:26 - Apr 2 by Flashberryjack

OK! not all, but a lot of it, especially "game time" I'm assuming the manager watches him in training, and still doesn't risk putting him on the field of play.

Whoever sanctioned this signing should be investigated by the fraud squad.

I would agree but what I meant was that he hasn't gotten much actual playing time to acclimate to the vast difference in the way the PL is officiated compared to La Liga. Fouls are called much more tightly with the intention of maintaining a smooth, possession, and ground-based style of play. He is also used to better quality than Barrow/Montero/Routledge/Dyer and he doesn't have the requisite skills to create for himself.

But I also agreed with most that he doesn't appear to be suited to England, and on the evidence we do have he probably never will be.

And yes, whatever happened in order to get him to Swansea should be looked at by someone with a good legal mind. I'm sure they would find something.
£15million for striker on 22:04 - Apr 2 with 674 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 21:45 - Apr 2 by WxmJax

Bony hasn't played much for Stoke, is he crap all of a sudden ? No, he needs games, same as Baston. I just think it was set up for him today with Ayew on the right we'd have been more fluid.
If Llorente is out on Wednesday then hopefully he'll have his chance but I think it will be same again with perhaps Routs for Narsingh if he's back.

It doesn't mean he is crap, it means he doesn't suit the way Stoke want to play. Much the same as Baston doesn't suit us.

In all fairness, Ayew doesn't either.
£15million for striker on 01:03 - Apr 3 with 618 viewsphact0rri

For me, the big problem is that we tend to hire on strikers with different skills, though we only play one at top. On paper it gives us more match-plan options. In reality we don't have the squad depth for this to work out. we need to focus on a target man who holds the ball, or a mobile forward who is better suited for up the flanks and off a break. We need at least two of a like for like in the central forward position.

And that has been a problem for seasons now. The bony/gomis situation was the exact same issue.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

£15million for striker on 06:25 - Apr 3 with 581 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 01:03 - Apr 3 by phact0rri

For me, the big problem is that we tend to hire on strikers with different skills, though we only play one at top. On paper it gives us more match-plan options. In reality we don't have the squad depth for this to work out. we need to focus on a target man who holds the ball, or a mobile forward who is better suited for up the flanks and off a break. We need at least two of a like for like in the central forward position.

And that has been a problem for seasons now. The bony/gomis situation was the exact same issue.

Agreed. We either need a plan B, which we probably need a stronger squad for, or like for like replacements if we are going to play the same way regardless
£15million for striker on 12:14 - Apr 3 with 482 viewsLegend83

I think there is a lot of merit in what Nirvana says and there are plenty of examples of players with reputation and stats that came from La Liga and flopped in the EPL:

Iago Aspas
Roberto Soldado
Angel Di Maria
Alberto Moreno is still poop
Alavaro Vazquez!

I think Borja is just another one of these unfortunately - I bet we ship him back to Spain and he scores 15 goals next season.
£15million for striker on 14:55 - Apr 3 with 443 viewsNirvana

£15million for striker on 12:14 - Apr 3 by Legend83

I think there is a lot of merit in what Nirvana says and there are plenty of examples of players with reputation and stats that came from La Liga and flopped in the EPL:

Iago Aspas
Roberto Soldado
Angel Di Maria
Alberto Moreno is still poop
Alavaro Vazquez!

I think Borja is just another one of these unfortunately - I bet we ship him back to Spain and he scores 15 goals next season.

I would agree with this. It's a transition that is more difficult than many would assume. Some just aren't cut out for it. It looks more and more likely with every appearance that Borja is one of those.

Villarreal and Valencia were both interested in him in January, though, and I believe he will go back to Spain this summer and continue to score in the double-digits each season. I do not have a lot of faith that he would do that for us, and most certainly not with the lack of creativity in our current squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024