Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 20:42 - Apr 11 with 31902 viewsmonmouth

Good!!!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement on 16:11 - Apr 13 with 1534 viewsTodger

Trust Statement on 16:06 - Apr 13 by Darran

Who are you,are you a Swans fan and where are you from?

Yep I am a fan born and bred in Swansea but probably a plastic in your eyes as only took interest when we got to the Prem. Don't attend the Liberty for Swans matches but watch on TV. Just trying to understand why you think you have such a strong legal case with so many of the facts missing.
Trust Statement on 16:15 - Apr 13 with 1522 viewsDarran

Trust Statement on 16:11 - Apr 13 by Todger

Yep I am a fan born and bred in Swansea but probably a plastic in your eyes as only took interest when we got to the Prem. Don't attend the Liberty for Swans matches but watch on TV. Just trying to understand why you think you have such a strong legal case with so many of the facts missing.

Nah there's summin fishy here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement on 16:16 - Apr 13 with 1516 viewsperchrockjack

Todge

Be wary

Better still, unless he cautions you ,say nowt

He ll use it against you in future of that I can assure you

Bluey...

Respect...?wont find much of that amongst Swans fans here when a moderator is the biggest culprit of showing complete contempt .

You ll also find fans are graded

Where they live

Do they go to games

If so ,for how long and where do they sit

We re pretty unique really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Trust Statement on 16:25 - Apr 13 with 1509 viewsSpratty

Trust Statement on 15:51 - Apr 13 by Todger

Its todger by the way.
My strategy would be to gain a full understanding of the facts the legalities and the risks involved. Not let anger take over.

My apologies re your username - seems I was using the Scottish derivation

So as per the strategy - pretty much what we are doing now excellent - at one stage it seemed you were suggesting we ignore our counsel based on your concern of us taking legal action.

I would still be interested to know what your connections are in relation to this case
Trust Statement on 16:27 - Apr 13 with 1509 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement on 16:11 - Apr 13 by Todger

Given your legal knowledge how could the Trust stop say an excessive £20m management fee being paid offshore to the Delaware incorporated company?

It appears from the Trust Board minutes the Trust on occasions hasn't received the Management Accounts for 3 months - so wouldn't pick this up in good time - if similar delays occurred.

Is there an agreement between US and U.K. to then force the Delaware company to remit the excessive management fee back to the UK - if the management fee was found by the courts to be excessive?
Trust Statement on 16:34 - Apr 13 with 1499 viewsmarchamjack

Trust Statement on 10:11 - Apr 13 by Todger

Not sure it is that simple. These cases are never black and white. whether you are going on unfair prejudice or quasi partnership angles. There was a very recent case between Hawkes and Cuddy over whether one should buy the other out of Neath rugby. I am told that court costs after all appeals were exhausted was well over £3 million and the judge ordered that neither had to buy each other out.
Counsel acting for both told them they had a winning case and the fees were not on a no win no fee basis.

What do you do if Counsel advises it is 50/50 and the other side have deeper pockets? What if costs are awarded against the Trust in a loss?

Cases are rarely black and white, hence why parties seek Counsels opinion. And that's what is arrived at. An opinion. Not a guarantee.

The Trust will have to take a view then, on the opinion, whether it is worthwhile proceeding or not. There will never be a 100% guarantee they will be successful nor that they won't be exposed to a costs application.
Although on the latter point, Counsel will be able to give as good a steer as he can as to the likelihood of costs being awarded against the Trust. That is regardless of whether the Trust are successful or not in their action.

From my own experience of working with various Counsel over the years, if they say it's a 50/50 case and you look at the other side and they've got the deeper pockets...walk away...even if you really don't want to. Or unless it runs so deep that your prepared to lose possibly everything. As I say, I'd walk away at that point.

But my basic point remains. I want the elected Trust officers to make the call and that's the call. They can explain the pros and con later and no doubt we'll have a 20 pager on here. But make the call in house and go from there.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 16:45]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Trust Statement on 16:46 - Apr 13 with 1473 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement on 16:15 - Apr 13 by Darran

Well this is hardly the first thread on these issues....but he/she is obviously just compelled to sign up and comment now...

Trust Statement on 16:47 - Apr 13 with 1466 viewsDarran

Trust Statement on 16:16 - Apr 13 by perchrockjack

Todge

Be wary

Better still, unless he cautions you ,say nowt

He ll use it against you in future of that I can assure you

Bluey...

Respect...?wont find much of that amongst Swans fans here when a moderator is the biggest culprit of showing complete contempt .

You ll also find fans are graded

Where they live

Do they go to games

If so ,for how long and where do they sit

We re pretty unique really

It shouldn't really have anything to do with you as you were one of the only ones all for the sale and the super duper investment in 'your' club.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 16:51 - Apr 13 with 1466 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement on 16:34 - Apr 13 by marchamjack

Cases are rarely black and white, hence why parties seek Counsels opinion. And that's what is arrived at. An opinion. Not a guarantee.

The Trust will have to take a view then, on the opinion, whether it is worthwhile proceeding or not. There will never be a 100% guarantee they will be successful nor that they won't be exposed to a costs application.
Although on the latter point, Counsel will be able to give as good a steer as he can as to the likelihood of costs being awarded against the Trust. That is regardless of whether the Trust are successful or not in their action.

From my own experience of working with various Counsel over the years, if they say it's a 50/50 case and you look at the other side and they've got the deeper pockets...walk away...even if you really don't want to. Or unless it runs so deep that your prepared to lose possibly everything. As I say, I'd walk away at that point.

But my basic point remains. I want the elected Trust officers to make the call and that's the call. They can explain the pros and con later and no doubt we'll have a 20 pager on here. But make the call in house and go from there.

Well, here's the rub on this one. What happens if the Trust goes to court, loses (or wins not very much) is made liable to pay costs of £Xm with assets of only a few hundred thousand?

What does betting the farm actually mean in this case?

Trust Statement on 17:01 - Apr 13 with 1447 viewsblueytheblue

Trust Statement on 16:08 - Apr 13 by monmouth

Although Newcy did get £35m for Sissoko and a shedload for Townsend. Lets hope Liverpool still do their buying on press hype and match of the day.

Indeed - there are always the exceptions to the rule.

Difference being, Newcastle have higher income streams outside TC money than say you - they are thus in a position to drive harder bargains.

Equally, given Newcastle seem virtually guaranteed to go down then come back up the next season, a lot of players may not want to leave, being back in the Prem within a season. It helps Benitez set a good example in that regard.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 17:02]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Trust Statement on 17:17 - Apr 13 with 1417 viewsTodger

Trust Statement on 16:27 - Apr 13 by Nookiejack

Given your legal knowledge how could the Trust stop say an excessive £20m management fee being paid offshore to the Delaware incorporated company?

It appears from the Trust Board minutes the Trust on occasions hasn't received the Management Accounts for 3 months - so wouldn't pick this up in good time - if similar delays occurred.

Is there an agreement between US and U.K. to then force the Delaware company to remit the excessive management fee back to the UK - if the management fee was found by the courts to be excessive?

I don't think it could stop it but it would have a pretty good case for unfair prejudice if it happened. A management fee that is excessive is a bit like an elephant. Hard to define until you see it.

I am not sure that remaining a 21% shareholder before and after a transaction is unfair prejudice though, which is why I ask the question as to how solid the grounds for legal action are. Sure you can be diluted sure the articles could be changed but that could have happened before unless the SHA said otherwise.
Trust Statement on 17:20 - Apr 13 with 1410 viewsTodger

Not much to argue with there. I have been told if a Counsel tells you 60/40 in reality it is a good as 90% but if he tells you 50/50 it is really 40/60 and if he tells you 40/60 it is really 90% against.
Trust Statement on 17:24 - Apr 13 with 1401 viewsTodger

Trust Statement on 16:51 - Apr 13 by monmouth

Well, here's the rub on this one. What happens if the Trust goes to court, loses (or wins not very much) is made liable to pay costs of £Xm with assets of only a few hundred thousand?

What does betting the farm actually mean in this case?

The concern might be that there is difficulty getting a case heard if they argue there is insufficient assets there to cover costs if they win.. Somebody might need to put a bond up or perhaps the Trusts shares are offered as security.
Trust Statement on 17:32 - Apr 13 with 1385 viewsTodger

Trust Statement on 16:25 - Apr 13 by Spratty

My apologies re your username - seems I was using the Scottish derivation

So as per the strategy - pretty much what we are doing now excellent - at one stage it seemed you were suggesting we ignore our counsel based on your concern of us taking legal action.

I would still be interested to know what your connections are in relation to this case

I have no connections to this case other than as a plastic fan as some would describe me. although I can remember waiting up for my father to return in the early hours after a Swans FA cup victory at Anfield when he told me some England international blasted a penalty over the bar in the last minute with a guy called Noel Dwyer I think in goal and also returning from a losing semi final after being 1 up at the half and making plans for Wembley.
I was at the Vetch for a few games as well in the old double decker when they were in the lower divisions.
My only advice with counsel is to ask him what he would be saying if the other side asked him to defend their case.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 17:34]
Trust Statement on 17:41 - Apr 13 with 1354 viewslifelong

Trust Statement on 17:32 - Apr 13 by Todger

I have no connections to this case other than as a plastic fan as some would describe me. although I can remember waiting up for my father to return in the early hours after a Swans FA cup victory at Anfield when he told me some England international blasted a penalty over the bar in the last minute with a guy called Noel Dwyer I think in goal and also returning from a losing semi final after being 1 up at the half and making plans for Wembley.
I was at the Vetch for a few games as well in the old double decker when they were in the lower divisions.
My only advice with counsel is to ask him what he would be saying if the other side asked him to defend their case.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 17:34]

Ronnie Moran took the penalty for Liverpool.
Trust Statement on 17:54 - Apr 13 with 1328 viewsHighjack

Trust Statement on 16:15 - Apr 13 by Darran

Yeah I thought the same thing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust Statement on 17:58 - Apr 13 with 1321 viewscimlajack

My understanding is, that the Trust has already received advice from one chambers,and were seeking a second opinion from another chambers.
Could someone correct me if i'm wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Trust Statement on 17:59 - Apr 13 with 1317 viewsDarran

Trust Statement on 17:41 - Apr 13 by lifelong

Ronnie Moran took the penalty for Liverpool.

Sure it wasn't a Scoucer called Richie Moron?

Trust Statement on 18:20 - Apr 13 with 1285 viewsmarchamjack

Trust Statement on 17:58 - Apr 13 by cimlajack

My understanding is, that the Trust has already received advice from one chambers,and were seeking a second opinion from another chambers.
Could someone correct me if i'm wrong ?

Thanks in advance

If that is the case, then just based on my own experiences ( and I have no knowledge on the Trust case/advice) that usually means the 1st advice is unclear or that there's a part of the advice that some specific clarification is being sought on. Rare to seek a 2nd opinion if the 1st opinion sought is unequivocal, one way or the other.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Trust Statement on 18:29 - Apr 13 with 1267 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 15:51 - Apr 13 by Todger

Its todger by the way.
My strategy would be to gain a full understanding of the facts the legalities and the risks involved. Not let anger take over.

Fair enough, Todger, I am happy to accept your good intentions, but this is hardly Moses coming down from the Mount is it?

In fact it is precisely what the Trust has done!

Therefore you coming down from where ever invoking a load of jargon doesn't really help much at all. At best it is a distraction, and at worst you are spreading FUD.

And just so we understand each other clearly, the more you repeat the same thing over and over again in slightly different ways, the more I am inclined to mistrust your intentions.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust Statement on 18:31 - Apr 13 with 1260 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 18:20 - Apr 13 by marchamjack

If that is the case, then just based on my own experiences ( and I have no knowledge on the Trust case/advice) that usually means the 1st advice is unclear or that there's a part of the advice that some specific clarification is being sought on. Rare to seek a 2nd opinion if the 1st opinion sought is unequivocal, one way or the other.

The difference is second time around I gave the Trust a significantly stronger case.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Statement on 18:35 - Apr 13 with 1247 viewsDarran

Trust Statement on 18:29 - Apr 13 by Shaky

Fair enough, Todger, I am happy to accept your good intentions, but this is hardly Moses coming down from the Mount is it?

In fact it is precisely what the Trust has done!

Therefore you coming down from where ever invoking a load of jargon doesn't really help much at all. At best it is a distraction, and at worst you are spreading FUD.

And just so we understand each other clearly, the more you repeat the same thing over and over again in slightly different ways, the more I am inclined to mistrust your intentions.

So what are your intentions then Shaky Of The Bailey?

Trust Statement on 18:37 - Apr 13 with 1242 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 18:35 - Apr 13 by Darran

So what are your intentions then Shaky Of The Bailey?

Get a fcuking life, you piece of human excrement.

Alright?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Statement on 18:39 - Apr 13 with 1238 viewsDarran

Trust Statement on 18:37 - Apr 13 by Shaky

Get a fcuking life, you piece of human excrement.

Alright?

Answer the question before I tell the Mods to ban you.

Trust Statement on 18:46 - Apr 13 with 1229 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 18:39 - Apr 13 by Darran

Answer the question before I tell the Mods to ban you.

Are you stupid, as well as a digusting amoral piece of shit?

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024