Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Passing Game. 18:02 - Apr 15 with 5764 viewslifelong

Thinking back over the last 6 seasons we were renowned for our passing game, we received many plaudits for it from a variety of sources.

Watching that game today, and many others this season, I couldn't help wondering what the feck has happened to it? We just can't put 3 passes together these days and most of the time revert to hoof ball tactics.. it's very frustrating to watch.
Our Passing Game. on 19:47 - Apr 15 with 1091 viewswaynekerr55

Our Passing Game. on 19:23 - Apr 15 by Bloodyhills

He should be sacked immediately.

So true. As Warwick said I'd rather Jason Donovan...Or a traffic cone. Less of an ego and would probably cause less damage.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our Passing Game. on 19:51 - Apr 15 with 1082 viewsploppy

Monk killed the possession/passing game with his "happy not to have the ball" approach. And when we came from behind to beat Man U at home, he then felt vindicated and thought he was a tactical genius. Mind you, I don't think Laudrup was entirely blameless. He wanted us to be slightly more direct rather than keeping possession for possession's sake. And he also narrowed our attack by getting Dyer and Routs to tuck infield rather than staying wide. Where's Brendan when you need him?
Our Passing Game. on 20:08 - Apr 15 with 1059 views1462jack

I remember back in the 2009/10 season I had been away a while and the first game of football I went to see was aldershot town v someone and after watching the first half I left early (Plastic) because the football was terrible ! fast forward to 2017 and my team the once super swans who were fantastic to the eye are now just as bad to watch !
Our Passing Game. on 20:19 - Apr 15 with 1043 viewswaynekerr55

Our Passing Game. on 19:51 - Apr 15 by ploppy

Monk killed the possession/passing game with his "happy not to have the ball" approach. And when we came from behind to beat Man U at home, he then felt vindicated and thought he was a tactical genius. Mind you, I don't think Laudrup was entirely blameless. He wanted us to be slightly more direct rather than keeping possession for possession's sake. And he also narrowed our attack by getting Dyer and Routs to tuck infield rather than staying wide. Where's Brendan when you need him?

To be fair to Laudrup though whilst the players went narrow at least the players were happy to receive the ball and play one and two touch stuff, and the full backs over lapped.

Our Passing Game. on 20:21 - Apr 15 with 1034 viewsploppy

Our Passing Game. on 20:19 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

To be fair to Laudrup though whilst the players went narrow at least the players were happy to receive the ball and play one and two touch stuff, and the full backs over lapped.

True.
Our Passing Game. on 20:21 - Apr 15 with 1034 viewsmonmouth

Our Passing Game. on 20:19 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

Well yeah, but only until we'd won the league cup, then none of the players or manager could give a tuppence f***, and it's one way or another been worse since. We saw the zenith in February 2013. That's all folks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our Passing Game. on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 1018 viewsperchrockjack

Styles can change,sometimes they have to.

What we ve done is abandon any strategy .

It beggars belief so much has been lost so fast

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our Passing Game. on 20:31 - Apr 15 with 1007 viewswaynekerr55

Our Passing Game. on 20:21 - Apr 15 by monmouth

Well yeah, but only until we'd won the league cup, then none of the players or manager could give a tuppence f***, and it's one way or another been worse since. We saw the zenith in February 2013. That's all folks.

Valencia away? Malmö at home? The biggest shame was Laudrup trusting Garcia to 'condition' the players. Without all of those injuries things may have been different.

Not to mention Bayram recruiting as opposed to the clown Jenkins...

Login to get fewer ads

Our Passing Game. on 00:14 - Apr 16 with 951 viewsKerouac

Our Passing Game. on 18:47 - Apr 15 by longlostjack

The two things go together though. Whatever happened to recruiting to fit our style? Something Jenkins used to claim credit for in countless interviews before the money turned his head.

Pre-season I suggested on here we take a punt on Anthony Knockaert.
He has a lovely left foot and is a brave, creative, attacking player.
He scores and makes goals.
We can afford that type of player can't we?
Knockaert is the kind of hungry Championship talent that got us here and the kind of player that the likes of Bournemouth possess and still take punts on...a policy which has arguably seen Bournemouth replace us in the top division.

He has just been made Player of the Season in the Championship and will be playing Premier League football next year with Brighton Hove Albion...he will no doubt prove effective at this level too in due course.

I fecking despair.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2017 0:25]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Our Passing Game. on 00:24 - Apr 16 with 936 viewsjack2jack

Our Passing Game. on 19:20 - Apr 15 by Flashberryjack

We still hear it.......unfortunately it comes from the opposition fans.

Play the clip to the end,it's a car that's crashed,irony i love it!
Our Passing Game. on 00:28 - Apr 16 with 930 viewsWarwickHunt

Our Passing Game. on 18:48 - Apr 15 by Cooperman

It's not only the passing game but also possession.

We regularly won this stat and high 50's was a regular occurrence even against the 'big team'. Now, we rarely make 50%.

The 'Swansea Way' of the PL era is long gone.

We replaced Laudrup and Byram with Monk and Jenkins.

Yes, we really fûcking did.
Our Passing Game. on 00:29 - Apr 16 with 927 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our Passing Game. on 00:14 - Apr 16 by Kerouac

Knockaert is the kind of hungry Championship talent that got us here and the kind of player that the likes of Bournemouth possess and still take punts on...a policy which has arguably seen Bournemouth replace us in the top division.

He has just been made Player of the Season in the Championship and will be playing Premier League football next year with Brighton Hove Albion...he will no doubt prove effective at this level too in due course.

I fecking despair.

Why sign someone like that when we can purge Spurs' reserve team or sign some crap lightweight from abroad?
Our Passing Game. on 00:36 - Apr 16 with 914 viewsjruss1

Laudrup also picked De Guzman and Leon regulary as the two midfield players. Both could take the ball under pressure and still move it quickly. I despair when I see the likes of Leroy Fer take 3,000 touches before making any kind of move.

Kind of funny thinking back, everyone slated Laudrup for not liking Ki and shipping him out on loan. But he was right on that waste of space all along.
Our Passing Game. on 12:43 - Apr 16 with 823 viewscostalotta

Our Passing Game. on 18:47 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

Bang on the money.

I wonder if that cūnt gets to keep his salary next year or whether that drops as it fûcking should. He should walk now to salvage any credibility that he had

That boat sailed a couple of years ago mate. He's got no credibility, none, nada, f ck all and is a complete waste of space at the club and needs to go on the next bus out of town taking that fat c.nt with him.

Let's move on.
Our Passing Game. on 13:21 - Apr 16 with 800 viewscostalotta

Our Passing Game. on 00:28 - Apr 16 by WarwickHunt

Incredible when you think about it. How continues to be in the role is beyond madness. The Americans must really be clueless if they've recent.y supported him...
Our Passing Game. on 14:21 - Apr 16 with 764 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I noticed this immediately after the Napoli match. Most did not care as Monk took us to 8th the following season, lacking the foresight to see that we would struggle with our resources to maintain success with that sort of approach to games against teams with superior and more physical squads.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our Passing Game. on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 755 viewsPrivate_Partz

Our Passing Game. on 20:21 - Apr 15 by monmouth

I think Jenkins played a huge part in that happening as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our Passing Game. on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 738 viewsraynor94

Our Passing Game. on 00:14 - Apr 16 by Kerouac

I fecking despair.

In fairness he was good in the Championship with Leicester, but he couldn't hack it in the premiership, interesting to see if he has matured

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Our Passing Game. on 14:45 - Apr 16 with 730 viewsharryhpalmer

Our Passing Game. on 19:09 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

The signs were there when we bought Ki without making sure that Laudrup had any use for him that things weren't all hunky dory behind the scenes.

It's a shame that ten years worth of good (although in hindsight perhaps somewhat fortunate) good work had been torn down as a result of three years of ego, greed and incompetence.

Ki played a big part in Laudrup's first season as I recall - 29 league appearances.

He fell out with Laudrup over time off for his sister's wedding, as I heard it.

He was then shipped out on loan, and Laudrup didnt want him back, even though we were desperate for bodies.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Our Passing Game. on 15:02 - Apr 16 with 716 viewsWingstandwood

Our Passing Game. on 00:28 - Apr 16 by WarwickHunt

That really hit home like that M.O.A.B that has been all the news of late! Profound!

Much coveted and protected (by some) Premier League status, worldwide fame, repute, huge rewards and huge spin-offs thrown away by a club that acted with professionalism you'd expect to see from a non-league outfit. In fact? How many 3rd Divison outfits would employ an ex Neath Town one season nobody? How many 3rd Divison outfits would have a failed roofing supplies businessman as its transfer policy head?

Monk, Jenkins, ex Neath Town Kristian O' Leary , Bob Bradley etc, etc, etc. SCFC lunatics that ran the asylum hang your heads in shame! THROWN AWAY! SHOCKING!

Argus!

Our Passing Game. on 21:25 - Apr 16 with 659 viewstowns

More chance of playing pass the parcel. We have lost it 😢
Our Passing Game. on 21:51 - Apr 16 with 628 viewsploppy

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I remember thinking about this a couple of years ago. It appeared that when we first got into the PL, the thing that separated us from the dross was our passing game. I was quite confident that we'd stay up in our first season because of our passing game, despite us being favourites to go down. It occurred to me at the time that if the dross started playing a passing game that we'd ultimately lose out because we wouldn't be able to compete with their resources. There are very few teams these days that play hoofball - WBA, Burnley, Palace perhaps - but they're good at it and strong defensively. Many of the lower teams now are playing a passing game - Boro, Hull, Bournemouth, even bloody Watford, to name a few are now comfortable passing the ball around against us. So it's a double wammy - we can't pass anymore and the other teams can.
Our Passing Game. on 22:42 - Apr 16 with 613 viewsjasper_T

Our Passing Game. on 00:36 - Apr 16 by jruss1

Laudrup also picked De Guzman and Leon regulary as the two midfield players. Both could take the ball under pressure and still move it quickly. I despair when I see the likes of Leroy Fer take 3,000 touches before making any kind of move.

Kind of funny thinking back, everyone slated Laudrup for not liking Ki and shipping him out on loan. But he was right on that waste of space all along.

It's funnier to think that he was named player of the season under Monk.

But people round here will say he's always been sh!t.
Our Passing Game. on 07:11 - Apr 17 with 565 viewsJokeren1943

Our Passing Game. on 20:24 - Apr 15 by perchrockjack

Styles can change,sometimes they have to.

What we ve done is abandon any strategy .

It beggars belief so much has been lost so fast

And club identity.
Our Passing Game. on 07:43 - Apr 17 with 540 viewspencoedjack

Our Passing Game. on 18:51 - Apr 15 by waynekerr55

My opinion

I believe that Jenkins is a fraud. He seems to have claimed the accolades for other people's work. In my opinion our most successful recruitment came in under Roberto, Brendan and Laudrup. Look at the clusterfùck of transfers in the Sousa and post Laudrup era since he appeared to take the reigns as self appointed DoF...

Why doesn't he fúck off with the rest of those parasites? They've got enough money so leave us be so we can focus on rebuilding without those twàts meddling

Spot on Wayne
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024