Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General election time for new policy vote Labour 12:52 - Apr 21 with 5147 viewsburty

The Tories have doubled their funding to rack renting landlords to the tune of £10 Billion a year in wasted housing benefit payments since 2010. They've borrowed more money than any Labour Government ever! Debt to GDP up a third, National Debt up 50%. Where's all our money going because the roads around me are falling to bits and I can't get a GP appointment without a two-week wait? It's all being pissed into Tory vanity projects and private-sector pockets, whilst the poor & public sector get screwed, declawed, de-skilled and turned into mere units of consumption. The government are liars and spivs.
General election time for new policy vote Labour on 20:47 - Apr 21 with 1103 viewslondonlisa2001

General election time for new policy vote Labour on 14:42 - Apr 21 by Wingstandwood

To ALL Planet Swans readers! Quote burty "I can't get a GP appointment without a two-week wait?".

Well I've got some extremely worrying news! It's gonna get SIGNIFICANTLY worse! A new pioneering system (soon to be nationwide?) is now in place in Gorseinon where you are screened and of which you can be refused a G.P appointment....Not guaranteed anymore i.e. a bit like when I used to have an NHS dentist.

Its called a triage system! Hells f#cking bells............Hey!

First you phone the receptionist, you then have to describe to her your personal condition (however embarrassing) then you have to stay-in to wait for a doctor to phone back and he does an assessment/examination by means of telecom service. If you're deemed ill enough? You win an appointment!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3976930/Prove-need-GP-Hundreds-doctors-a

In all seriousness, we have this system in our surgery and it's better than it was before.

You can still make what they term a 'routine' appointment (you'll have to wait for a week or two), but this system is used for a 'same day' appointment only (an emergency appointment I think they call it).

The reason it's better, is that the doctor has to call you themselves - it's not the unqualified receptionist deciding who gets in or not. And the doctor is much better placed to decide.

And it makes it easier to get in if you need to, as all the idiots that waste time going to the GP for antibiotics because they've got a cold, are told they can't come in, so don't waste everyone's time.

I have never, ever been refused a same day appointment if necessary since this has been used. Previously, it was a nightmare getting to see them that day.

It's a bit irritating to wait for the call I suppose, but I always think that if you're so ill you have to see them that day, you won't be in work anyway.

I agree with your point though that people then clog up A&E - wasting their time instead of the GP's time. But A&E also operate a triage system so they're left sitting there all day until everyone else has been seen.

On a separate point - the OP is an example of the issue in Wales with Labour. Health is devolved, but they never get the blame.
General election time for new policy vote Labour on 21:15 - Apr 21 with 1078 viewsmonmouth

General election time for new policy vote Labour on 20:47 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

In all seriousness, we have this system in our surgery and it's better than it was before.

You can still make what they term a 'routine' appointment (you'll have to wait for a week or two), but this system is used for a 'same day' appointment only (an emergency appointment I think they call it).

The reason it's better, is that the doctor has to call you themselves - it's not the unqualified receptionist deciding who gets in or not. And the doctor is much better placed to decide.

And it makes it easier to get in if you need to, as all the idiots that waste time going to the GP for antibiotics because they've got a cold, are told they can't come in, so don't waste everyone's time.

I have never, ever been refused a same day appointment if necessary since this has been used. Previously, it was a nightmare getting to see them that day.

It's a bit irritating to wait for the call I suppose, but I always think that if you're so ill you have to see them that day, you won't be in work anyway.

I agree with your point though that people then clog up A&E - wasting their time instead of the GP's time. But A&E also operate a triage system so they're left sitting there all day until everyone else has been seen.

On a separate point - the OP is an example of the issue in Wales with Labour. Health is devolved, but they never get the blame.

Ah now that makes more sense. For us it's all appointments, or was when I had to use it, as I was happy to wait as long as necessary and told them tat, but they had no booking capability.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024