Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who to replace Britton next season? 15:29 - May 14 with 15083 viewsSwansea93

No suprise we picked up form when he came back into the team, I'd love for him to carry on week in week out next season but I think we need to consider his replacement for the team. Joey would of been the perfect one we all know that but unfortunately it won't happen.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Who to replace Britton next season? on 10:03 - May 23 with 3591 viewsGriffting

Bit of a different beast but I wouldn't mind seeing Stefano Sturaro from Juve at CDM. Strictly back up for Juve, linked with palace and Saints recently, ambitious but not unattainable imo.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 10:07 - May 23 with 3579 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To the OP - Joe Allen is nothing like Leon Britten as a player. So why would he replace him?????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who to replace Britton next season? on 10:19 - May 23 with 3575 viewsjack247

Who to replace Britton next season? on 07:53 - May 23 by Yossarian

The honest answer Jack is that I didn't really appreciate or understand the significance of 'the Makelele role' and it's place in the modern game then. Sure, there were defensive midfielders years before, one example being Nobby Stiles- but their role was essentially disrupting the opposition, man marking, winning the ball for the more creative players. In my view, the role developed into providing a flexible defensive shield by reading the game well, but also dictating tempo and providing the outlet to quickly put midfielders into space. If I think about it, Leon was probably shown the door by Arsenal and West Ham not because he lacked talent or a footballing brain but because in the perceived wisdom of the time he was simply too small for top flight football. I think the game then developed away from emphasising sheer power and athleticism and the success of Chavi and Iniesta etc persuaded many that this was the way forward. Leon was fortunate in being in the right place at the right time to take advantage but where Leon is truly great in my view has been his ability to shape his game to take maximum advantage of his skills- quick feet, short passing vision and the ability to nick the ball of the opposition without having to be a conventional tough tackler(not that he can't do that when needed). He has been a master at minimising his own limitations by being (for me) one of the most intelligent players in the PL. His lack of physicality puts off every new manager until they realise he had worked this all out for himself years ago. Whether Carroll could be as fortunate depends on him mainly, but also the circumstances of the team and the way the game is developing generally. Time will tell, but he'll never, ever get better immediate role models than Makelele and his skipper

Can't disagree with much of that, though I would say a defensive shield who could also dictate tempo and act as a quarterback was an integral part of the way Martinez had us playing. Bodde did it very well, albeit at a lower level.

Although Leon isn't as aggressive and doesn't have the long range passing or shooting, he has certainly evolved the role with his constant energy, ability to break up attacks often without needing to make a tackle, close control in tight situations and always being on hand to give a teammate an easy option.

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Carroll groomed into that role, I think he shares a lot of attributes with Leon, the key one being intelligence and I don't think he would dither so much if he wasn't looking for through balls. I do agree with the point that he is probably more suited to probing further up the field though.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 10:34 - May 23 with 3564 viewsDr_Winston

Who to replace Britton next season? on 10:07 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

To the OP - Joe Allen is nothing like Leon Britten as a player. So why would he replace him?????

Because he's Joe Allen and he can do anything.

ANYTHING.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who to replace Britton next season? on 02:55 - Jan 22 with 3254 viewsNirvana

Who to replace Britton next season? on 07:27 - May 16 by Nirvana

I think Can would make a great player for us but I highly doubt that would ever happen. I think that world class goal he scored recently basically ensured Liverpool will give him an extension.

I don't understand why Klopp would move him, it makes very little sense for the club or Can. It's a perfect fit in my mind, he just needs patience to grow into his role there. I'd expect Klopp knows that and they're simply playing hardball with his wages.

But I'll add on to my previous post that Koziello only has a year left on his contract, as well, and is younger and fits our ideal style of play better than Can. I'll keep banging the drum until he's snatched up by Southampton or somebody, but Koziello would be the perfect signing for our midfield and squad.

Jenkins really needs to make a concerted effort to get him, and he needs to do it early this year.

Honestly stunning:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/vincent-koziello-joins-cologne-fro

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/koln-reach-deal-with-ogc-nice-for-the

As the second link says, "Koziello, the darling of the OGC Nice faithful" is joining the last-placed German club for just €3m "in one of the most incomprehensible transfers of the January window thus far". Koziello explained, "The Effzeh were very interested in me. I felt welcome straight away."

This just goes to show that if we had a scouting/recruiting setup and DOF worth their extremely high salaries, we could be bringing in quality players, and at discount prices, even at the bottom of the table. Of course, we have Jenkins and some dude actually named Leadbetter handling the reins.

So we end up with Clucas and a disastrous season of Sanches for £25m combined. And Koln get Koziello for €3m. JENKINS FFUKKINGG OUT NOW.

Enjoy the Kölsch, Vincent. After reading these articles, I need a few.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 06:08 - Jan 22 with 3221 viewsPawelAbbott

Jenkins relies on agents to come along and flog their crap to him or he just asks players he knows if they fancy a kickabout for £100k a week.
Even if we had heard about this guy and wanted to sign him Jenkins wouldn't have had his number to ring anyway
Who to replace Britton next season? on 08:25 - Jan 22 with 3164 viewsDaggyjack

Who to replace Britton next season? on 00:03 - May 16 by nyc_swans

could be worth a bid on Emre Can. can function as a CM, but also pitch in all along the back line. he's entering the last year of his contract, and i don't think he would be out of reach.

Thanks NYC, that really made me laugh on a damp Monday morning.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 21:00 - Feb 4 with 2982 viewsNirvana

https://beta.footballwhispers.com/blog/january-bargains-may-missed

Excellent article on quality January bargain signings, the top two (Rashica/Koziello) I have talked about since the summer. Combined they cost €10m and would've been perfect fits for our ideal style and budget, obviously. Instead, both went to German clubs also battling relegation.

The scouting and recruiting is really on another level in Germany (and Spain), but if Jenkins wasn't calling the shots we would be in for kids like these with their quality and "re-sale value". Instead, we end up with ffukkingg sshitt like washed-up former players, guys who've scored against us, or have dreadlocks.

The one quality signing and Leon replacement, Mesa, is now playing for a club in the CL. And so we have missed out on my choice Koziello, royally ffukkedd up the Mesa situation, and Ki will leave on a free this summer. At least we still have Carroll. Ffukk. Pertinent section in the article on Koziello below:

- "He joined Bundesliga strugglers FC Koln for a fee in the region of €3.3million. Many Premier League clubs, whether they’re fighting for a place in Europe or in a relegation battle, could’ve done with a player capable of recycling the ball like the Frenchman."
Login to get fewer ads

Who to replace Britton next season? on 09:43 - Feb 5 with 2870 viewsE20Jack

Who to replace Britton next season? on 21:00 - Feb 4 by Nirvana

Excellent article on quality January bargain signings, the top two (Rashica/Koziello) I have talked about since the summer. Combined they cost €10m and would've been perfect fits for our ideal style and budget, obviously. Instead, both went to German clubs also battling relegation.

The scouting and recruiting is really on another level in Germany (and Spain), but if Jenkins wasn't calling the shots we would be in for kids like these with their quality and "re-sale value". Instead, we end up with ffukkingg sshitt like washed-up former players, guys who've scored against us, or have dreadlocks.

The one quality signing and Leon replacement, Mesa, is now playing for a club in the CL. And so we have missed out on my choice Koziello, royally ffukkedd up the Mesa situation, and Ki will leave on a free this summer. At least we still have Carroll. Ffukk. Pertinent section in the article on Koziello below:

- "He joined Bundesliga strugglers FC Koln for a fee in the region of €3.3million. Many Premier League clubs, whether they’re fighting for a place in Europe or in a relegation battle, could’ve done with a player capable of recycling the ball like the Frenchman."

Not like you to be searching football blogs.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:10 - Feb 5 with 2802 viewsJack59

Who to replace Britton next season? on 12:45 - May 16 by 34dfgdf54

Tom Carroll to replace Leon?

I do despair.

What are these people watching? Tom 'Backwards' Carroll to replace a real legend?
Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:29 - Feb 5 with 2772 viewsJango

Who to replace Britton next season? on 21:00 - Feb 4 by Nirvana

You’re choice, the super talent, was inundated with so many offers across Europe that he’s opted to join a team that’s seven points from safety at the bottom of the German league. Well done, keep up the good work lad.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 2620 viewsNirvana

Who to replace Britton next season? on 17:29 - Feb 5 by Jango

You’re choice, the super talent, was inundated with so many offers across Europe that he’s opted to join a team that’s seven points from safety at the bottom of the German league. Well done, keep up the good work lad.

Correct, Bongo, the very same club that finished 5th in the Bundesliga last season.

Koziello being attainable for a club of our stature (such as Koln) was one of the main reasons I cited him in the first place. It would make no sense to mention players we couldn't actually sign. Perhaps you think we can get Griezmann or Salah, then?

I know you're not the brightest and too busy playing FM anyway, but you do understand we're Swansea City and not Man City, right?? Based on your obsession with responding with stupid bbullsshitt to all of my posts, you seem to be quite confused about that.

Btw, it's "your" not "you're". If nothing else, at least get basic grammar correct in your little idiotic posts, FFS.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 2611 viewsNirvana

Who to replace Britton next season? on 09:43 - Feb 5 by E20Jack

Not like you to be searching football blogs.

Lol. Obviously I read some of them, yes. There's a link right above genius. Easy explanation - I like football, just as you like being on here all day.

"Not like you" to spend 5 ENTIRE days in a row, literally, frantically and obsessively trolling (and desperately googling) about gambling strategies on a ffukkingg football forum. Oh, and threatening to slander other posters.

Wait, no, that sounds EXACTLY like you "6 screens".

What a way to your whole weekend. Correction - multiple weekends now.

LOL.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:59 - Feb 9 with 2588 viewsE20Jack

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:50 - Feb 9 by Nirvana

Lol. Obviously I read some of them, yes. There's a link right above genius. Easy explanation - I like football, just as you like being on here all day.

"Not like you" to spend 5 ENTIRE days in a row, literally, frantically and obsessively trolling (and desperately googling) about gambling strategies on a ffukkingg football forum. Oh, and threatening to slander other posters.

LOL.

Read your last sentence .

Then read that psychotic post you just cobbled together.

Then read up the meaning of slander.

Then read your backlog of trolling posts that you contribute to every single time you rear your had on here (depending on which username you are using).

Then hopefully you will get an idea of how ridiculous you are and how others view you.

Lots of homework there. PM me if you get stuck. Thanks now.

Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:28 - Feb 9 with 2555 views1462jack

Who to replace Britton next season? on 20:50 - Feb 9 by Nirvana

LOL.

That last sentence you f@cking scum bag
Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:32 - Feb 9 with 2551 viewsE20Jack

Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:28 - Feb 9 by 1462jack

That last sentence you f@cking scum bag

He is just a troll that is venting mate. I wouldn't take offence if I were you. He has said far stranger things than that and will likely say more. Just watch in amazement, that's what I do.

Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:42 - Feb 9 with 2527 viewsgiantstoneater

Replacing Leon is our Albatross we`ve tried and failed but Leon is one of those players you cant, they broke the mould when they made him. Perhaps we should be looking at bringing in someone who can give us something different.
Who to replace Britton next season? on 23:12 - Feb 9 with 2462 viewsmax936

Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:42 - Feb 9 by giantstoneater

Replacing Leon is our Albatross we`ve tried and failed but Leon is one of those players you cant, they broke the mould when they made him. Perhaps we should be looking at bringing in someone who can give us something different.

Exactly 100%.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who to replace Britton next season? on 07:36 - Feb 10 with 2399 viewsjack247

Who to replace Britton next season? on 22:42 - Feb 9 by giantstoneater

Which is what Carlos has done. Ok, he hasn’t brought anyone in as such, but he has found a way of playing that doesn’t require a deep lying central midfielder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024