Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does This Feel Better 21:39 - May 15 with 1730 viewsCopaMundial

For me survival this season feels better than anything we've achieved in the Premier League to date,the last few months have made me realise just how much I'd miss the Premiership,all this Championship is better is just bollox....and before anybody suggests I'm a plastic this is my fortieth season following the club
Does This Feel Better on 21:51 - May 15 with 1706 viewsthenorthbankbog

No. Seeing how far backwards we've gone as a club due to the money grabbing bastards has not given me any pleasure this season. If something doesn't change big time then next season could be more of the same. Especially with that hook nose prick as DOF I hope I'm wrong
Does This Feel Better on 22:10 - May 15 with 1679 viewspencoedjack

My least favourite season following the Swans & it's my 34th
Does This Feel Better on 22:18 - May 15 with 1653 viewsswanaway

I have to say I'd fallen out of love with football to some extent but this magnificent fighting spirit shown by the team have made me realise how much it, means to me. A relegation battle is only good if you survive I suppose.
Does This Feel Better on 01:22 - May 16 with 1580 viewsMeraki

Probably my least favourite season.

The season we made it to the PL was my favourite - but in hindsight, it was a poisoned chalice!
Does This Feel Better on 01:52 - May 16 with 1560 viewsSwansNZ

Certainly not!

The last 4 games have been great, but only after each one ended (and even then, not so much man utd).

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Does This Feel Better on 07:52 - May 16 with 1445 viewscostalotta

Does This Feel Better on 22:10 - May 15 by pencoedjack

My least favourite season following the Swans & it's my 34th

Wow. Did you take some time out in the past? We've had far far worse than this season IMO in the 40 years I've followed the swans.
Does This Feel Better on 07:56 - May 16 with 1426 viewsMrSwerve

It's obviously been a bit of a shitty season for reasons off and on the field, and around Xmas I really started to feel jaded about the football club and the premier league. The past month though has really gone a long way to rejuvenate my passion for the club, and you could see at Old Trafford and the SOL the togetherness between the fans and the squad.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Does This Feel Better on 07:59 - May 16 with 1416 viewspencoedjack

Does This Feel Better on 07:52 - May 16 by costalotta

Wow. Did you take some time out in the past? We've had far far worse than this season IMO in the 40 years I've followed the swans.

Not taken time out ,ST holder for the majority of those 34 years. With the fiasco off the pitch and shambles pre Clement on it I cant wait for this season to finish.

Glad there is no WC / Euros this summer as well.

Football is far from what it used to be.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Does This Feel Better on 08:02 - May 16 with 1405 viewscostalotta

Does This Feel Better on 07:56 - May 16 by MrSwerve

It's obviously been a bit of a shitty season for reasons off and on the field, and around Xmas I really started to feel jaded about the football club and the premier league. The past month though has really gone a long way to rejuvenate my passion for the club, and you could see at Old Trafford and the SOL the togetherness between the fans and the squad.

Completely agree. Was at both games myself and I have to say the fans responded brilliantly and players and staff were fantastic.

I've done quite a few away trips over the years and Sunderland was right up there and it was non stop noise and passion from the Jack Army all through the game. Walking back to the car after the game I lost count of the Sunderland fans who were every complimentary about our support. On the way back my daughter asked me why cant it be noisy at the Liberty like it was today even if we did both say that Everton home was a fantastic atmosphere.

The Jack Army
Does This Feel Better on 08:33 - May 16 with 1362 viewsswanjackal

Does This Feel Better on 07:59 - May 16 by pencoedjack

Not taken time out ,ST holder for the majority of those 34 years. With the fiasco off the pitch and shambles pre Clement on it I cant wait for this season to finish.

Glad there is no WC / Euros this summer as well.

Football is far from what it used to be.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:38]

Of the similar ilk to yourself, only 29 years.

Since the initial novelty of the first season of the Prem league, my passion for both football and the Swans, has declined more and more season by season. There are many reasons behind it: money in the game, cost of watching, sterility of match atmospheres, over stewarding, new style of fan/push towards family atmosphere etc.

Before this season began, even though I have had reservations about the boards direction for a few seasons (especially with the growing escalation of wages/bonuses that have proved to have made our debt unsustainable to income), the sale of shares, especially in the underhanded way it was done, and the lack of a strong trust to question the situation leading up to the point (not just the last months leading to the sale of shares), caused me to drop out.

I for one am glad, for the clubs future sake, that we survived, as think we could be in serious trouble in the future with the current financial set up of high wages if we were to drop. But this season (especially the summer dealings and the start by both Guidolin and Bradley) has been a chore to get through, even watching on from the comfort of the bed/settee, often seeing myself not even watching some games, or turning off after 20 mins. So like Pencoedjack, in my years of watching, this has been the worst season for me also.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024