Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! 14:34 - May 17 with 7500 viewsJackTheLad

Tory inheritance tax cut=3,000,000,000
police officers=10,000
tax cuts divide by police officers= 300,000
Count the zeros. Diane was right.

But....

Conservative Chancellor Phillip Hammond just got his numbers wrong by £20000000000

I wonder if the mainstream media will be reporting on this at all?

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:31 - May 17 with 1721 viewsblueytheblue

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:14 - May 17 by JackTheLad

I really couldn't give a shiney sh*te... no I didn't realise I can't get myself into trouble, I literally just don't care, report away whatever you feel? I think you're a racist hiding behind a keyboard yes. There, take it to whoever you like. Bye bye

You can think what you like.

The fact that you're consistently wrong on everything is applaudable.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:37 - May 17 with 1707 viewsrock1n

I look forward to jackthelad's thread in which says 'i told you so' when Corbyn wins the election.

Then again maybe not

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:40 - May 17 with 1701 viewsblueytheblue

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:37 - May 17 by rock1n

I look forward to jackthelad's thread in which says 'i told you so' when Corbyn wins the election.

Then again maybe not

Given Jackthemuppet claims Abbott was right when he conveniently ignores the fact by correcting herself that the figure was £80m... I wouldn't hold your breath..

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/diane-abbott-interview-the-full-transcri

EDIT: I did love this bit...

A: The figures are that the additional cost in year one, when we anticipate recruiting about 250,000 policemen, will be £64.3 million.

NF: 250,000 policemen?

DA: And women.

NF: So you are getting more than 10,000. You're recruiting 250,000?

DA: No, we are recruiting two thousand and - perhaps - two hundred and fifty."

NF: So where did 250,000 come from?

DA: I think you said that, not me.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 15:42]

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:55 - May 17 with 1687 viewsswanjackal

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:40 - May 17 by blueytheblue

Given Jackthemuppet claims Abbott was right when he conveniently ignores the fact by correcting herself that the figure was £80m... I wouldn't hold your breath..

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/diane-abbott-interview-the-full-transcri

A: The figures are that the additional cost in year one, when we anticipate recruiting about 250,000 policemen, will be £64.3 million.

She is a gift that keeps giving.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching her interviews with Andrew Neil on This Week. Very Monty Python-esque.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:30 - May 17 with 1678 viewspikeypaul

Anyone who watched the LBC interview could see Abbott is totally incompetent and full of shite.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:36 - May 17 with 1672 viewsthenorthbankbog

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 14:43 - May 17 by JackTheLad

Yeah because the media has NO effect whatsoever on influencing which way people vote? You f*cking m*nge

The media especially the BBC were all for remain in the referendum and we all know how that went.
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:41 - May 17 with 1665 viewsJack_Meoff

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:26 - May 17 by Highjack

Well the media were and are all pretty much exclusively remain but they still lost. The problem with your theory is that it assumes that people don't have individual thoughts and opinions and can make their own decisions.

I went to Morrisons on the day of the referendum last year, and passing the paper stall into the main shop I remember noting pretty much every paper bar the Mirror was pro Brexit. The Sun, Mail and Express were particularly chest beating. Don't know if they've changed their tune in the meantime. Can't make a comment on TV media in fairness.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 16:45]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:42 - May 17 with 1662 viewswestwalesed

Well the media were and are all pretty much exclusively remain but they still lost. The problem with your theory is that it assumes that people don't have individual thoughts and opinions and can make their own decisions.

It's staggering.

I've always believed that there was a strong anti-democratic current in left wing politics, but he EU referendum and the bleating about people being stupid enough to fall for the media lies says it all.

Face it, anyone who isn't liberal must be stupid, ignorant, brainwashed, racist, sexist, xenophobic etc etc..........it's pathetic.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Login to get fewer ads

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:51 - May 17 with 1641 viewsthe_oracle

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 14:53 - May 17 by rock1n

Jeremy Corbyn - PM

John Mcdonnell - Chancellor

Emily Thornberry - Foreign Sec

Diane Abbott - Home Sec

That's all I have to say

Boris Johnson foreign secretary. Need I say more?
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 17:05 - May 17 with 1622 viewssherpajacob

https://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/2016/06/23/front-pages-archive.cfm

"media were and are all pretty much exclusively remain" - Is that an alternative fact?

Express, mail, sun and telegraph were all for leave only guardian and mirror for remain (and evening standard - how did London vote again?)

As for TV news, they were so obsessed with being balanced, they failed to call out any of the lies (by both sides) and simply repeated the mantra's being spouted by the respective campaigns. Leave used this to their advantage more so than remain, by simply repeating their alternative facts over and over.

It is true that many people are not swayed and make up their own minds, but a significant number, certainly enough to influence the result, are swayed by a constant barrage in the media.

We all know the statistics correlating education attainment levels with how people voted in the referendum.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 17:10]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 17:05 - May 17 with 1620 viewsJango

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 15:40 - May 17 by blueytheblue

Continuing to bring up the abbot c*ck up on figures but have again chosen to ignore a c*ck up on figures by a Tory mp. This time by the man in charge of the countries finances. If you want to be taken seriously then at least be consistent.
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:29 - May 17 with 1583 viewsrock1n

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:51 - May 17 by the_oracle

I absolutely agree with you, but I'd take Boris over Thornberry she's like a child.

I keep expecting her to say 'talk to the hand'

I despise Boris but there's no question he has serious intellect, that's part of the problem and the reason remain lost because he has qualities that others do not have.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:31 - May 17 with 1581 viewsrock1n

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:41 - May 17 by Jack_Meoff

I went to Morrisons on the day of the referendum last year, and passing the paper stall into the main shop I remember noting pretty much every paper bar the Mirror was pro Brexit. The Sun, Mail and Express were particularly chest beating. Don't know if they've changed their tune in the meantime. Can't make a comment on TV media in fairness.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 16:45]

To be fair you can add the guardian, FT, Times, the 'I' to the remain camp.

The problem is the great unwashed read the sun and the oldies read the mail/express

Have a nuanced debate around the strengths of remain e.g. the times isn't quite going to win over 'they're coming over 'ere taking our jobs, sh@ggin our women, bringing their muslamic law innit'

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:43 - May 17 with 1576 viewsblueytheblue

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:51 - May 17 by the_oracle

At least, unlike the others, BoJo can be entertaining at times.

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:46 - May 17 with 1574 viewsblueytheblue

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 17:05 - May 17 by Jango

Continuing to bring up the abbot c*ck up on figures but have again chosen to ignore a c*ck up on figures by a Tory mp. This time by the man in charge of the countries finances. If you want to be taken seriously then at least be consistent.

If you want to be taken seriously then examine your own comments.

You and other Labourites wanted to persist with the "Abbott got flustered, really told the truth".

She was wrong.
She then corrected with a further incorrect value.
She then went from 10k new officers to 250k.
She then claimed the interviewer said 250k new officers not her!

I've not ignored Hammond's co*ck up. It's an irrelevance as he'll not be chancellor after next cabinet reshuffle.

You've also conveniently ignored comments from the shadow chancellor. Your vaunted replacement is worse than Hammond...

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:51 - May 17 with 1568 viewsperchrockjack

Good job I dropped out as it's betting evermore unpleasant

Left wing activists have always been thus and cannot debate

Abbott is sewerage .. That she is admired and seen as a MP for US is simply staggering

Wales isn't 40 yrs behind but 80

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:55 - May 17 with 1566 viewsburty

Our report found that 75% of press coverage misrepresents Jeremy Corbyn — we can't ignore media bias anymore

We all want and need a strong and a critical media, but maybe we do not need an attack dog that kills off anyone who challenges the status quo
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:56 - May 17 with 1564 viewsDarran

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:51 - May 17 by perchrockjack

Good job I dropped out as it's betting evermore unpleasant

Left wing activists have always been thus and cannot debate

Abbott is sewerage .. That she is admired and seen as a MP for US is simply staggering

Wales isn't 40 yrs behind but 80

Has anyone else noticed that this prick has said the same thing everyday since May announced a GE?

Fuçking hell see a doctor FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 19:04 - May 17 with 1557 viewsblueytheblue

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:55 - May 17 by burty

Our report found that 75% of press coverage misrepresents Jeremy Corbyn — we can't ignore media bias anymore

We all want and need a strong and a critical media, but maybe we do not need an attack dog that kills off anyone who challenges the status quo

"Our report".

So you're copying and pasting something.

This Labour approach is remarkably similar to Donald Trump's media approach. Labour's approach is laughable though.

Journalist : "Your manifesto promises free unicorns for all. The costing document doesn't mention how they'd be paid for?"
Labourite : "THIS IS SOOOOO UNFAIR! YOU'RE BULLYING ME! I'M SO TRIGGERED NOW!"
Journalist : "But surely the public would want to know?"
Labourite : "TAX THE RICH! BANKERS! BONUSES! RAISE TAX!"
Journalist : "How much would that raise? You've not costed the unicorns, are you in danger of having to increase public borrowing to afford them?"
Labourite : "OK, OK! IT'LL COST £2 SQUILLION, CORPORATION TAX, NEW TAX ON FELCHING!"
Journalist : "But isn't it all undermined by the fact unicorns don't actually exist?"
Labourite : "..."
Labourite : "STOP PICKING ON ME! BIASED MEDIA! TALK TO THE HAND, GIRLFRIEND, UH-HUH".
[Post edited 17 May 2017 19:04]

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 19:19 - May 17 with 1544 viewsexiledclaseboy

All the media supported remain?

Do you actually believe that or is it another of your jolly japes?
[Post edited 17 May 2017 19:22]

Poll: Tory leader

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 19:20 - May 17 with 1541 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 16:36 - May 17 by thenorthbankbog

The media especially the BBC were all for remain in the referendum and we all know how that went.

Another one. Lumme.

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 20:34 - May 17 with 1494 viewsthe_oracle

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 18:29 - May 17 by rock1n

I absolutely agree with you, but I'd take Boris over Thornberry she's like a child.

I keep expecting her to say 'talk to the hand'

I despise Boris but there's no question he has serious intellect, that's part of the problem and the reason remain lost because he has qualities that others do not have.

His intellect to the fore today? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/boris-johnson-reprimanded-talking-alc
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 20:37 - May 17 with 1486 viewslondonlisa2001

Dear God, what a desperately depressing thread. On both sides.
Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 20:40 - May 17 with 1477 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 20:37 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Dear God, what a desperately depressing thread. On both sides.

Don't look at the others then. It's like groundhog thread today
[Post edited 17 May 2017 20:50]

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 20:43 - May 17 with 1467 viewslondonlisa2001

Oops! Diane Abbott was actually right! on 20:40 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

Don't look at the others then. It's like groundhog thread today
[Post edited 17 May 2017 20:50]

Too late, I've been catching up after a few days away when all my attention was on the football board rather than anything else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024