Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? 17:50 - May 27 with 3041 viewsPokerface

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:34]

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:40 - May 27 with 573 viewsGowerjack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:38 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Chopping hands off and stuff mun.

They're not allowed to talk about it though.

But ask a policeman he'll know....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 18:42 - May 27 with 561 viewsPokerface

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:38 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Chopping hands off and stuff mun.

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:39]

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:42 - May 27 with 561 viewscontroversial_jack

Sharia courts have no jurisdiction in this country. Some Muslims willingly go to these to settle civil disputes amongst themselves, but that's all these Sharia courts are. It's a non issue really
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:43 - May 27 with 552 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not sure if all aspects of sharia law are being implemented in British communities (amputating thieves limbs etc), however some aspects obviously are being followed by many communities across the U.K. Our government even acknowledges this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sharia-courts-in-uk-face-governmen

From what I've read, the sharia courts often deal with divorces. Women, including those being abused by their husbands, have to grovel to a panel in the hope they will grant her a divorce. Meanwhile men must only tell their spouse 'I divorce you' three times in order to free themselves of a marriage. Awful.

I'd suspect other aspects of sharia law are being followed away from the cameras too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:45 - May 27 with 543 viewsHumpty

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 18:35 - May 27 by Pokerface

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:39]

You could clear all this up by providing some evidence though.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:45 - May 27 with 522 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:43 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not sure if all aspects of sharia law are being implemented in British communities (amputating thieves limbs etc), however some aspects obviously are being followed by many communities across the U.K. Our government even acknowledges this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sharia-courts-in-uk-face-governmen

From what I've read, the sharia courts often deal with divorces. Women, including those being abused by their husbands, have to grovel to a panel in the hope they will grant her a divorce. Meanwhile men must only tell their spouse 'I divorce you' three times in order to free themselves of a marriage. Awful.

I'd suspect other aspects of sharia law are being followed away from the cameras too.

I just went upstairs and said "I divorce you" three times to Mrs ECB. She hasn't moved.

How can I tell if it worked?

Poll: Tory leader

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:47 - May 27 with 532 viewsPokerface

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:45 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

I just went upstairs and said "I divorce you" three times to Mrs ECB. She hasn't moved.

POST REMOVED.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:48 - May 27 with 508 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:47 - May 27 by Pokerface

POST REMOVED.

Oh dear god.

Login to get fewer ads

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:49 - May 27 with 519 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:45 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Well you would have to ask somebody who follows those laws. I do not so I am unsure. Some of these councils/courts have helplines you can call if you are unsure.

Other aspects of sharia law followed in the UK include the sale of Halal meat and some mortgages and investments designed to comply with sharia law.

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:53 - May 27 with 484 viewsDarran

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:47 - May 27 by Pokerface

POST REMOVED.

That was bad,really bad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:54 - May 27 with 501 viewsmorningstar

Probably when you next leave the house you wont be able to get back in and your belongings will be strewn over the garden.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:54 - May 27 with 498 viewslondonlisa2001

In answer to the OP.

None. It has no legal authority within the UK.

There are certain sections of the Moslem community that voluntarily submit themselves to local community courts or religious based rules and regulations. This is also true of certain sections of the Jewish community, certain sections of the Catholic community and so on.

There are also certain sections of communities in other countries that do the same. The Amish in Pennsylvania are an example.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:55 - May 27 with 494 viewsmorningstar

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:53 - May 27 by Darran

That was bad,really bad.

I missed it!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:56 - May 27 with 485 viewsNeath_Jack

I don't think the OP was asking on the legality of the actual law to be honest.

In fact, i'd put a few quid on it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:57 - May 27 with 478 viewsJackfath

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:55 - May 27 by morningstar

I missed it!

Me too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:57 - May 27 with 460 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:54 - May 27 by morningstar

Probably when you next leave the house you wont be able to get back in and your belongings will be strewn over the garden.

Oh I hope that doesn't happen again.

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:59 - May 27 with 470 viewslondonlisa2001

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:43 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're not sure whether amputating thieves' limbs etc is implemented in Britain? And you think a divorce is legally recognised if a man says 'I divorce you' three times?

There can be no greater waste of public money than whatever it costs us to send you to university.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 18:59 - May 27 with 465 viewsPokerface

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:56 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

I don't think the OP was asking on the legality of the actual law to be honest.

In fact, i'd put a few quid on it.

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:40]

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:02 - May 27 with 445 viewsswanjackal

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 18:59 - May 27 by Pokerface

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:40]

Unless you're of muslim faith, your local community will not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 19:06 - May 27 with 432 viewsPokerface

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:02 - May 27 by swanjackal

Unless you're of muslim faith, your local community will not.

[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:41]

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:08 - May 27 with 424 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 18:59 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

You're not sure whether amputating thieves' limbs etc is implemented in Britain? And you think a divorce is legally recognised if a man says 'I divorce you' three times?

There can be no greater waste of public money than whatever it costs us to send you to university.

I believe the words a man must say are "Talaq talaq talaq".

I do not think it dissolves a marriage recognised by British law. Just sharia marriages.

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:08 - May 27 with 423 viewslondonlisa2001

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 19:06 - May 27 by Pokerface

Something tells me you really don't understand what it is.
How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:10 - May 27 with 416 viewsNeath_Jack

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:08 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Something tells me you really don't understand what it is.

And something tells me you know loads about it.

Call it a hunch

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:10 - May 27 with 401 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:08 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I believe the words a man must say are "Talaq talaq talaq".

I do not think it dissolves a marriage recognised by British law. Just sharia marriages.

I'll give that a go now, cos she's still here.

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? on 19:10 - May 27 with 416 viewsswanjackal

How many communities in Britain abide by Sharia law ? (n/t) on 19:06 - May 27 by Pokerface

But that is not affecting you, as the "laws" would not apply. You may not enjoy being amongst that community, and disagree with how they deal with things, but you yourself are not subject to those "laws". That is not the argument you set out at the start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024