Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71768 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 18:53 - Jul 11 with 2213 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 18:44 - Jul 11 by Brynmill_Jack

You're not in possession of the facts either though are you. The authorities have said the search will take maybe a few months. Some sublet their flats and there were also people without leave to remain in the UK (that's illegals to you).
What's been reported there is an estimate . Nobody really knows yet.

Actually Brynnie, they do now know with quite a degree of accuracy. The Met have categorically stated that the number of deceased will not reach 3 figures and let's all thank God for that.

As I said at the time, the reports circulating about 300 people and so on, were all coming from dubious sources and were never consistent with what was being said by the groups helping which is why I questioned it when mentioned.

The biggest issue with people without right to remain, was them coming forward to say they were safe. Once they realised that no action would be taken, more did so.
London tower block on fire on 18:54 - Jul 11 with 2210 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 18:53 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

Actually Brynnie, they do now know with quite a degree of accuracy. The Met have categorically stated that the number of deceased will not reach 3 figures and let's all thank God for that.

As I said at the time, the reports circulating about 300 people and so on, were all coming from dubious sources and were never consistent with what was being said by the groups helping which is why I questioned it when mentioned.

The biggest issue with people without right to remain, was them coming forward to say they were safe. Once they realised that no action would be taken, more did so.

Don't bother Lis the blokes a fuçking nutjob.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 18:55 - Jul 11 with 2208 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 23:08 - Jul 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Well that's amazing. 255 escaped but none needed blankets or any other supplies collected by the public and manned by volunteers. Even though they had lost EVERYTHING. That doesn't make sense.

And that kind of indicates that only 80 or so people were trapped on the upper floors?

Forgive me but I'm not quite buying this yet.......

Mind you, in fairness fourteen did go out for the evening.

I don't understand what your first sentence is supposed to mean?

The relief centres helped many, many people.
London tower block on fire on 20:01 - Jul 11 with 2174 viewswaynekerr55

So nobody wants to comment on the fact that the judge is in fact more than qualified to lead the inquiry?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

London tower block on fire on 20:04 - Jul 11 with 2165 viewsexiledclaseboy

London tower block on fire on 20:01 - Jul 11 by waynekerr55

So nobody wants to comment on the fact that the judge is in fact more than qualified to lead the inquiry?

I'm not sure his qualifications were ever in doubt were they?

Poll: Tory leader

London tower block on fire on 20:35 - Jul 11 with 2139 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 20:04 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not sure his qualifications were ever in doubt were they?

To a sensible chap like you, no. 😉

London tower block on fire on 20:42 - Jul 11 with 2133 viewsWarwickHunt

What about the "bruddah" fireman who saw 42 dead in one room?
The government/right-wing press/BBC/neoliberal metropolitan elite kept that quiet, eh?

Part-time fireman I'm guessing. Good of the world's leading forensic expert to do his bit though.
Probably likes the uniform. Babe magnet, innit.
London tower block on fire on 21:09 - Jul 11 with 2100 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 20:42 - Jul 11 by WarwickHunt

What about the "bruddah" fireman who saw 42 dead in one room?
The government/right-wing press/BBC/neoliberal metropolitan elite kept that quiet, eh?

Part-time fireman I'm guessing. Good of the world's leading forensic expert to do his bit though.
Probably likes the uniform. Babe magnet, innit.

Actually I think it was someone who'd been 'told' by a fireman that the story came from wasn't it?

I said pages ago that the number of dead was not the issue, since the fact that anyone died was awful.

But I could never understand the enthusiasm for the number being as high as possible.

Most sane people would surely have been happier if the number had been as close to nil as possible. And I really wish Lammy would shut up. After all, a lot of people would think a Peterborough Cathedral choral scholar who went on to study at SOAS then Harvard Law School wasn't that in touch with the Grenfell Tower residents and the opportunities life presents them with, however humble his background.
Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 22:03 - Jul 11 with 2059 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 18:54 - Jul 11 by Darran

Don't bother Lis the blokes a fuçking nutjob.

Coming from you - wll I'm touched

How's the narcissistic personality disorder coming along??? Perhaps you and Nirvana could go to joint therapy sessions

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

London tower block on fire on 22:15 - Jul 11 with 2042 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I'd be delighted if they have the exact number. But given the circumstances, i.e. the fire spreading so quickly up the outside , the fact they were initially told to stay inside their flats and no sprinklers to help at least give them a chance of making it down from the top floors it would be an absolote miracle if the death toll stays under 100. more. But if they've gone through manifests and housing lists and they all tally then who am I to argue. I'd be delighted if that is the true and real figure as opposed to hundreds.

It's strange though that with so many survivors (272??) the uptake in the relief centre seems to have been almost non existent. Considering these were poor people who'd lost everything.

London tower block on fire on 22:29 - Jul 11 with 2027 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 22:15 - Jul 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I'd be delighted if they have the exact number. But given the circumstances, i.e. the fire spreading so quickly up the outside , the fact they were initially told to stay inside their flats and no sprinklers to help at least give them a chance of making it down from the top floors it would be an absolote miracle if the death toll stays under 100. more. But if they've gone through manifests and housing lists and they all tally then who am I to argue. I'd be delighted if that is the true and real figure as opposed to hundreds.

It's strange though that with so many survivors (272??) the uptake in the relief centre seems to have been almost non existent. Considering these were poor people who'd lost everything.

I don't know what you mean when you say the uptake in the relief centres was non existent?

Having spoken to someone whose son was in charge of one of them, that's simply not true. They were helping so many people with clothes, bedding, baby clothes, toiletries, food, everything.

The amount collected and distributed was phenomenal.
London tower block on fire on 09:00 - Jul 14 with 1912 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 22:29 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

I don't know what you mean when you say the uptake in the relief centres was non existent?

Having spoken to someone whose son was in charge of one of them, that's simply not true. They were helping so many people with clothes, bedding, baby clothes, toiletries, food, everything.

That came from a sky TV interview from someone who also worked in the relief centre.

Came across this earlier in regards to the police estimate of the death toll and the residents groups own manifest from people they actually lived side by side with and are still unaccounted for. A clip from the last public meeting is included too.

http://news.sky.com/story/sceptical-grenfell-residents-create-own-missing-list-1

The question that needs to be asked is this - "if the police estimate is correct what would be the point in these people lying about a bogus death toll? How does it benefit THEM?".

I'm quite uncomfortable with this disparity if I'm honest. It's very disturbing to say the least.

London tower block on fire on 09:29 - Jul 14 with 1886 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 22:29 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

I witnessed it first hand, people cooking food on the street, clothes, water. They even cordoned parts of Westway sports centre off

London tower block on fire on 14:31 - Jul 14 with 1848 viewsMarinaJack

London tower block on fire on 11:56 - Jun 17 by waynekerr55

Yes, she certainly has intelligence and certainly knows how to 'play the crowd'.

she clearly isn't intelligent enough to justify her position in the labour party though

Then again I guess her previous relationship with the boss helped eh :)
London tower block on fire on 20:59 - Jul 14 with 1808 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 09:29 - Jul 14 by waynekerr55

I witnessed it first hand, people cooking food on the street, clothes, water. They even cordoned parts of Westway sports centre off

Yep - me too.
London tower block on fire on 01:27 - Jul 15 with 1763 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 09:29 - Jul 14 by waynekerr55

Oh well I don't know what she was talking about then. Unless she meant the amount of people was far less than she was expecting. It was a quite emotional video clip though. So who knows??

London tower block on fire on 08:35 - Jul 15 with 1739 viewsKerouac

Either Wednesday or Thursday night 'Newsnight' did a piece on the w*nkers like Brynmill who have decided that there has been a cover up and won't be told.

What an idiot David Lammie is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

London tower block on fire on 08:41 - Jul 15 with 1734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 08:35 - Jul 15 by Kerouac

Either Wednesday or Thursday night 'Newsnight' did a piece on the w*nkers like Brynmill who have decided that there has been a cover up and won't be told.

What an idiot David Lammie is.

My definition off w*nker on here is someone who has to change his identity all of the time because they keep making massive c*nts of themselves. That's you to a tee Jackboostardo lol.
Oh and such a keyboard warrior too. Loves dishing out the insults hiding safely behind his computer screen. Knob.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024