Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners 10:39 - Jun 16 with 2010 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The transfer arms race gathers pace, this brings Huw and the Old Board's refusal to speak to alternative potential owners into sharp focus.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:00 - Jun 16 with 1948 viewsswanforthemoney

Dont know what their net spend is, considering the money they got for Stones not sure if its in the red or black.
But if they are blowing a fortune, the question is this: is new money being injected into the club? or are the transfers being funded through debt?
IF they are funding a big net spend AND its funded with debt secured on the club, THEN they will suffer in the long run because they do not have the turnover to support it. They have a turnover of apprixmately 130 million if memory serves.
IF the billionaire is giving them new funds, he will get fed up when they dont finish in the top 6 next season. Nothing worse then a p1ssed off benefactor. See Hull City, Cardiff City.
I dont see any good coming out of this for the Toffess TBH.
I've nothing against them though. If they do well, good for them. It'll be Interesting to see what happens over the course of, say, 3 or 4 years.

Just read the Everton Forums. Looks like they will be funding it through the sale Lukaku.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 11:09]

I stand in the North Stand

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:03 - Jun 16 with 1934 viewsmagicdaps10

Its not quite as clear as come in and chuck the money about, who's money are they using.........is it heir own or is borrowed money!?!

Looking closer to home, i would like the board at our club to be a little more adventurous but it is clear they have a plan, what that plan is...............is anybody's guess!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:31 - Jun 16 with 1861 viewsjojaca

Leave them spend, it's going to go tits up soon or later.

Even when you know, you never know?

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:33 - Jun 16 with 1856 viewsLeonWasGod

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:03 - Jun 16 by magicdaps10

Its not quite as clear as come in and chuck the money about, who's money are they using.........is it heir own or is borrowed money!?!

Looking closer to home, i would like the board at our club to be a little more adventurous but it is clear they have a plan, what that plan is...............is anybody's guess!

It looks very much like the plan is business as usual. Running the club cost-neutrally with no subsidising of debt or investment other than can be raised through the operating income. A stadium purchase may be an exception to this, but who knows.

To be fair to them, this has been communicated from the start, with the obvious exception being Huw's 'to the next level' b0llocks that he was spouting to justify why he jumped at the first buyers he could find.
Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 12:39 - Jun 16 with 1724 viewstomdickharry

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:00 - Jun 16 by swanforthemoney

Dont know what their net spend is, considering the money they got for Stones not sure if its in the red or black.
But if they are blowing a fortune, the question is this: is new money being injected into the club? or are the transfers being funded through debt?
IF they are funding a big net spend AND its funded with debt secured on the club, THEN they will suffer in the long run because they do not have the turnover to support it. They have a turnover of apprixmately 130 million if memory serves.
IF the billionaire is giving them new funds, he will get fed up when they dont finish in the top 6 next season. Nothing worse then a p1ssed off benefactor. See Hull City, Cardiff City.
I dont see any good coming out of this for the Toffess TBH.
I've nothing against them though. If they do well, good for them. It'll be Interesting to see what happens over the course of, say, 3 or 4 years.

Just read the Everton Forums. Looks like they will be funding it through the sale Lukaku.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 11:09]

The sale of Lukaku means that they have to fund a replacement who can score 20+ goals perseason that's going to cost a fortune.
Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 13:50 - Jun 16 with 1572 viewsFlashberryjack

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 12:39 - Jun 16 by tomdickharry

The sale of Lukaku means that they have to fund a replacement who can score 20+ goals perseason that's going to cost a fortune.

They could put a cheeky bid in for Baston......I'm sure Huw would be willing to let him go at the right price.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:58 - Jun 17 with 1161 viewsmajorraglan

Personally, I think Swansea City can be run on a sustainable basis without going into massive debt to fund extortionate player transfer fees etc like some clubs, but to do it everything at the Club has to be extremely well managed and well run. A key component would be a first class scouting and talent recognition program, this would run all they way through the academy up to recruiting for the first team. I believe there is some way to go before this is achieved!
Southampton are a club we should have a close look at, they develop a lot of their own talent and tend to buy low and sell high.
Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 17:01 - Jun 17 with 1008 viewsDewi1jack

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:58 - Jun 17 by majorraglan

Personally, I think Swansea City can be run on a sustainable basis without going into massive debt to fund extortionate player transfer fees etc like some clubs, but to do it everything at the Club has to be extremely well managed and well run. A key component would be a first class scouting and talent recognition program, this would run all they way through the academy up to recruiting for the first team. I believe there is some way to go before this is achieved!
Southampton are a club we should have a close look at, they develop a lot of their own talent and tend to buy low and sell high.

Is the correct answer

But on the other hand
Aston Villa (Championship club) has been sold for a reported £70 million
Hull City were bought for around £130 million (newly promoted)
West Brom around £150 million

By rushing to take the quickest dollar possible and not giving a donald duck about the club or its fans/ Trust/ supporters/ admirers etc then I still believe that our Ex board undervalued the club when they flogged the family silver

And that ladies and gents, boys and girls is the only good thing I've seen to come from the sale.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 17:07 - Jun 17 with 1001 viewsjack247

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 11:58 - Jun 17 by majorraglan

In theory, every club can be. The lower you go revenue wise, the better the scouting/development has to be and the less room there is for signing the odd catastrophe. Yes, Southampton are a role model club, but it's not as easy as just setting up like them and bringing in a first class scouting program.

A few years ago, we were a model club, certainly on the pitch. Playing attractive, effective football with a bunch of players nobody else wanted. Everyone wanted to be like us, very few, if any managed it.
Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 18:37 - Jun 17 with 941 viewslonglostjack

Everton's Billionaire and Our Owners on 17:07 - Jun 17 by jack247

In theory, every club can be. The lower you go revenue wise, the better the scouting/development has to be and the less room there is for signing the odd catastrophe. Yes, Southampton are a role model club, but it's not as easy as just setting up like them and bringing in a first class scouting program.

A few years ago, we were a model club, certainly on the pitch. Playing attractive, effective football with a bunch of players nobody else wanted. Everyone wanted to be like us, very few, if any managed it.

I agree that scouting is essential. We've had a fair few international players over the years. Pay them an annual sum to keep their ear to the ground. Holland and Bodde for example.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024