Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn 23:00 - Jun 22 with 4072 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 11:01 - Jun 23 with 1219 viewsHighjack

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 10:11 - Jun 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Who is ideanpod ?

And has he been penetrated?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 12:33 - Jun 23 with 1181 viewsyescomeon

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 08:47 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

There you go again, more tangential tantruming. You're alright, are you? Since a few weeks before the General Election I've been noticing you spiral, you're starting to remind me of the protagonist in Hamsun's Hunger as your grip on reality shifts incrementally toward hallucination.

I'll light a candle for you, kidder. I'm on your side.

Read that book not long ago after pulling the name out of a Bukowski book (Ham on Rye I think). Fantastic book but my word it was depressing at times, but somehow funny too. You can certainly see how it was an influence on Bukowski.

Upthecity!

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 14:10 - Jun 23 with 1142 viewsLohengrin

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 12:33 - Jun 23 by yescomeon

Read that book not long ago after pulling the name out of a Bukowski book (Ham on Rye I think). Fantastic book but my word it was depressing at times, but somehow funny too. You can certainly see how it was an influence on Bukowski.

Hamsun casts a long shadow, doesn't he? Growth of the Soil is about his best for my money, try and get hold of that if you're able. The award of the Nobel Prize in 1920 should tell you how extraordinary a novel it is.

While I remember, how did you get on with Wood's The Dark Ages? It was you looking to pick up a copy wasn't it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 14:24 - Jun 23 with 1131 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Looking at his twitter feed he seems to be a grade A c&nt.

Some what angry at every thing ,even animals .

His parents must be so proud of him

Great synthesizer player though
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 14:28]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 14:45 - Jun 23 with 1105 viewsyescomeon

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 14:10 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Hamsun casts a long shadow, doesn't he? Growth of the Soil is about his best for my money, try and get hold of that if you're able. The award of the Nobel Prize in 1920 should tell you how extraordinary a novel it is.

While I remember, how did you get on with Wood's The Dark Ages? It was you looking to pick up a copy wasn't it?

I will add that to my book list immediately. The Dark Ages has gone no further than my amazon wishlist. I have to do a good deal of reading for work so I feel guilty when I read something non work related or more often just plane am not in the mood for it when I get home. It's one of many reasons I can't finish what I'm doing now quickly enough. I've been stuck on Notes from Underground since for must be coming up to a year now, and it's not a particularly big book.

Upthecity!

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 15:25 - Jun 23 with 1073 viewsLohengrin

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 14:45 - Jun 23 by yescomeon

I will add that to my book list immediately. The Dark Ages has gone no further than my amazon wishlist. I have to do a good deal of reading for work so I feel guilty when I read something non work related or more often just plane am not in the mood for it when I get home. It's one of many reasons I can't finish what I'm doing now quickly enough. I've been stuck on Notes from Underground since for must be coming up to a year now, and it's not a particularly big book.

I wonder how widely read Dostoyevsky is these days? If you've been at it for a year perhaps he's not for you, if you were enjoying it you'd not have been able to put it down. He's one of these writers that people think they need to tick off their list, not unlike James Joyce. I was talking to a friend recently and he was telling me he'd been trying to plough through Ulysses for going on eighteen months! It's like an endurance challenge with him.

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 16:01 - Jun 23 with 1053 viewsyescomeon

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 15:25 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

I wonder how widely read Dostoyevsky is these days? If you've been at it for a year perhaps he's not for you, if you were enjoying it you'd not have been able to put it down. He's one of these writers that people think they need to tick off their list, not unlike James Joyce. I was talking to a friend recently and he was telling me he'd been trying to plough through Ulysses for going on eighteen months! It's like an endurance challenge with him.

I will finish it I'm determined to. I simultaneously love it and hate it if that makes sense. I wont be rushing to read any of his other books though.

I've had my flirtations with Joyce and with the other half being Irish we have multiple copies of a few of his books in the house. I like the idea of it a lot more than I actually like it, maybe the same can be said for Dostoyevsky.

It was American authors that got me into literature and especially poetry so that's my natural home (the likes of Bukowski, Kerouac, Hemmingway, Fitzgerald), and to my untrained mind I couldn't be further from home with Dostoevsky and Joyce.

Upthecity!

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 17:26 - Jun 23 with 1023 viewsYossarian

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 07:59 - Jun 23 by felixstowe_jack

There was me thinking it was G Brown who sold off the UK's gold when they market was at rock bottom and cost us Billions.

Although your point is correct, Perhaps you're not old enough to remember that Thatcher's cut price sale of public assets led a former Tory Prime Minister (Harold 'You've never had it so good' Macmillan to condemn her for "selling off the family silver". When the yuppies were outraged and began crying at Macmillan's disloyalty- the old fella stuck it to them big style by condemning those who attacked working class communities with their economic policies as "betraying the heroes who defeated the Kaiser and Hitler's armies". I'm not blinded by hatred of all Tories- some are very decent, if misguided- but please appreciate that class war is practised by both sides- and truth is often the first casualty.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 18:28 - Jun 23 with 1002 viewsJack_Meoff

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 15:25 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

I had a lovely week in a caravan in Cornwall a few years back with The Brothers Karamazov...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 20:24 - Jun 23 with 962 viewsLohengrin

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 18:28 - Jun 23 by Jack_Meoff

I had a lovely week in a caravan in Cornwall a few years back with The Brothers Karamazov...

Now we're talking.

Pasternak should be your next port of call, Jack. Take a swing at Dr Zhivago.

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 20:52 - Jun 23 with 941 viewsJack_Meoff

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 20:24 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Now we're talking.

Kindle edition £1.89, rude not to! Cheers for recommend.

Reading's backed up a little, ploughing through this tome at the mo, it's fascinating stuff but some of the chapters are frying my brain. Amazing to think how young he was when researching and writing it. Been about six months and just hitting half way...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 20:58 - Jun 23 with 935 viewslondonlisa2001

Did anyone see this nasty tweet about Corbyn on 20:24 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Now we're talking.

Ooh, I love that film. Never read the book though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024