Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old pic of Swans player, [NOW IDENTIFIED AS TREVOR FORD] is it John Charles? 13:27 - Dec 22 with 4455 viewsSwanseaman

Pic I found, is it John Charles?

[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 13:12]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 13:37 - Dec 22 with 4423 viewsMrSwerve

Could potentially be him in his youth. Never played for our senior first team though.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2017 13:39]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 13:40 - Dec 22 with 4407 viewsLohengrin

That's a young Mel Nurse.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 14:22 - Dec 22 with 4304 viewsoldcob

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 13:40 - Dec 22 by Lohengrin

Of course it is, good spot. I was thinking Trevor Ford.
Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 14:35 - Dec 22 with 4270 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 14:22 - Dec 22 by oldcob

Of course it is, good spot. I was thinking Trevor Ford.

I think it is Trevor Ford. Looking at the kit and the fact that he's kicking with his left foot - Ford joined us as a left back before being converted into a centre forward.
Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 15:58 - Dec 22 with 4165 viewsSwanseajill

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 13:40 - Dec 22 by Lohengrin

I would have guessed it's Mel Nurse too.
Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 17:34 - Dec 22 with 4023 viewsFieryJack

Strangely, from that angle, he has the look of Steven Gerrard.
Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 18:13 - Dec 22 with 3981 viewswhoflungdung

That s not Melvyn

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 18:21 - Dec 22 with 3972 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Checked with my old man who played against Mel & met Trevor Ford.

He said straight away ' That's Trevor Ford'
Login to get fewer ads

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 19:26 - Dec 22 with 3908 viewsLohengrin

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 18:21 - Dec 22 by Taffvalerowdy

Checked with my old man who played against Mel & met Trevor Ford.

He said straight away ' That's Trevor Ford'

Do you know what, you’re right! That’s Ford on closer inspection, no question. 👏

What’s not in any doubt is just what a ridiclously talented generation that was, good grief!😳

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 20:50 - Dec 22 with 3841 viewsSwanseaman

Well spotted, I would never have known it was Trevor_Ford

Interesting info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Ford

Anyone know if the photo is worth anything, it's a bit creased and old looking...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 21:03 - Dec 22 with 3819 viewsjacabertawe

Yes, looks like Trevor. I saw him and spoke with him when he was selling dodgy motors on Carmarthen Road. Must have been in the early 90s, before the new stretch was built.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2017 21:07]

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 00:01 - Dec 23 with 3733 viewsLohengrin

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 20:50 - Dec 22 by Swanseaman

Well spotted, I would never have known it was Trevor_Ford

Interesting info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Ford

Anyone know if the photo is worth anything, it's a bit creased and old looking...

Just showed the photo to one of the old boys who served in the RA around the same time as Ford and he reckons it's him without a shadow of doubt.

Is the photo worth anything? In monetary value I wouldn't have thought so but to the Ford family I'm sure it would mean a lot. Why don't you see if you can't get it to them? It's the gentlemanly thing to do.

Old pic of Swans player, is it John Charles? on 06:26 - Dec 23 with 3655 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mel Nurse or Trevor Ford

Edit -definitely Ford. The ears give it away
[Post edited 23 Dec 2017 6:43]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Old pic of Swans player, [NOW IDENTIFIED AS TREVOR FORD] is it John Charles? on 13:33 - Dec 23 with 3540 viewsSwanseaman

Lots of Trevor Ford memorabilia on ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0

Good article here how he held the Transfer record for 1950:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gareth-bale-welsh-footballer-beats-

Book:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trevor-Ford-Authorised-Neil-Palmer/dp/1445640562

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024