Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 19:22 - Dec 23 with 20573 viewsbiggar

Surprised at a lot of these comments on the above. Apart from one daft bit of play in the first half I thought he was possibly our best player. For the life of me I just cannot understand the amount of people slating him. Bizarre. I don’t need a trip to specsavers so god knows what game some people were watching.
Roque Mesa on 19:31 - Dec 23 with 6694 viewsjack247

Players who take on responsibility and want the ball are always going to make the odd mistake. Sometimes they get judged on two or three moments in a match rather than their overall performance. He was our best midfielder by a mile today.
Roque Mesa on 19:34 - Dec 23 with 6676 viewsgiantstoneater

He played well but sometimes he left me thinking what the hells he doing? I just think he needs to pass a little earlier and keep it simpler we need to get in a midfielder who will give him targets in between the lines and further up the field. He is improving hope his injury is not too serious now that he has made the break though and getting minutes under his belt.
Roque Mesa on 19:36 - Dec 23 with 6656 viewsshenleymun

Just goes to show what dimwits infest this website.

Go back a few weeks, he wasn’t being picked, all we heard was Mesa = Messi = Messiah, even after that cracking injury time effort of his against Watford.

Now he is playing, and playing quite well (certainly compared to Carroll and Clucas today), but people think he’s the worst player in the team?? Hopefully the people having a go aren’t the same people who were banging on about picking him back then.

Mind you that song about him is a bit OTTmand tempting fate..
Roque Mesa on 19:37 - Dec 23 with 6645 viewsDr_Winston

There's a certain casualness that sneaks into his play from time to time that he needs to work on, but in the current malaise it's great to see someone who clearly wants the ball, wants to move it quickly and obviously gets pissed off with people who don't meet his standards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roque Mesa on 19:42 - Dec 23 with 6581 viewsRancid

What are his attributes and why was he so highly thought of in Spain last year?

Anyone?
Roque Mesa on 19:43 - Dec 23 with 6553 viewsicecoldjack

He played well today . One of our best players .
Roque Mesa on 19:44 - Dec 23 with 6535 viewsDarran

His performances are massively overrated.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roque Mesa on 19:46 - Dec 23 with 6517 viewsSgorioFruit

one of the best players on the pitch today, alongside Dyer, and a quick burst by Ayew

that is all we got at the moment

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 19:46 - Dec 23 with 6516 viewsRancid

Roque Mesa on 19:44 - Dec 23 by Darran

His performances are massively overrated.

Totally agree.Not sure what his job here is.He aint no Leon or Joe Allen if thats what he was brought in to replicate.
Roque Mesa on 19:48 - Dec 23 with 6489 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 19:42 - Dec 23 by Rancid

Anyone?

Have you noticed the difference in us with and without him?

Clearly he makes mistakes. When he doesn’t play, no one takes responsibility for driving us forward or sometimes even make themselves available for their team mates. We just pass backwards and sideways, eventually gets back to Fab who wellies it.

Not sure about Spain, I’m guessing he had more technical players around him.
Roque Mesa on 19:50 - Dec 23 with 6467 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 19:48 - Dec 23 by jack247

Clearly he makes mistakes. When he doesn’t play, no one takes responsibility for driving us forward or sometimes even make themselves available for their team mates. We just pass backwards and sideways, eventually gets back to Fab who wellies it.

The answers above, he’s not Leon Britton. Was always going to happen and said as much the day he signed.
Roque Mesa on 19:55 - Dec 23 with 6415 viewsRancid

Roque Mesa on 19:48 - Dec 23 by jack247

Not really no.Well not like you'd be led to believe reading this board.I really want to like him because he's a character for sure but I dont see what everyone else seems to on here, not atm anyway.
Roque Mesa on 19:56 - Dec 23 with 6403 viewsDarran

Roque Mesa on 19:50 - Dec 23 by 34dfgdf54

The answers above, he’s not Leon Britton. Was always going to happen and said as much the day he signed.

Irrelevant to me who he’s compared to his performances in most games he’s played for us have been decent but people are making out he’s something special and he’s not.

That’s not to say he won’t be.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roque Mesa on 19:58 - Dec 23 with 6381 viewsjacktheripper

Best midfielder we've got by a country mile
Roque Mesa on 19:59 - Dec 23 with 6373 viewsRancid

Roque Mesa on 19:50 - Dec 23 by 34dfgdf54

He was Jack Corks replacement really wasnt he?
Roque Mesa on 20:01 - Dec 23 with 6342 viewsRancid

He's a better player than Canas mind you
Roque Mesa on 20:05 - Dec 23 with 6299 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 19:59 - Dec 23 by Rancid

He was Jack Corks replacement really wasnt he?

It was essentially Mesa and Clucas for Cork and Leon, however you want to pair them up.

I know he is doing well at Burnley, but Cork would have no influence in this team at all. He’d be another neat and tidy midfielder passing backwards and sideways.
Roque Mesa on 20:08 - Dec 23 with 6273 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa on 19:42 - Dec 23 by Rancid

Anyone?

Made a lot of passes and tackles (and bookings iirc) in a overachieving side.
Roque Mesa on 20:10 - Dec 23 with 6245 viewsCooperman

He’s growing into the role. New country, team mates, opposition style mean adjustment is necessary. Not perfect by any means, I think he needs a few more 1:1’s with a decent man manager and then we’ll see him push on.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Roque Mesa on 20:12 - Dec 23 with 6231 viewsTheKirkyLife

I feel like there are some drastic ends to this argument. His negatives are that he's hardly an assured CDM and he is sometimes lazy or not looking around him. That said he is easily our most forward thinking CDM in a while since the days of Allen/Britton and CAN make a good pass forward. He sets the tempo and the minimum standard for commitment - I love how invested he is.

Truthfully he's a player who should have had a lot more minutes under his belt at this point in the season than he has. He's made a couple of clangers but he's also visibly improved our team on the counter attack and in possession.
Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Dec 23 with 6179 viewsRancid

Roque Mesa on 20:05 - Dec 23 by jack247

It was essentially Mesa and Clucas for Cork and Leon, however you want to pair them up.

I know he is doing well at Burnley, but Cork would have no influence in this team at all. He’d be another neat and tidy midfielder passing backwards and sideways.

Does Mesa do more than Cork do you think?
Roque Mesa on 20:19 - Dec 23 with 6170 viewsjasper_T

There's no meaningful difference between him and Ki as the anchoring midfielder. He hasn't had a faultless performance since joining the club but he's been decent.

Hopefully he can keep building on performances, and the rest of the midfield can get used to working with him.
Roque Mesa on 20:28 - Dec 23 with 6079 viewsJack_Kass

He didnt stand out today because every other f**ker actually ran around and looked like they gave half a s**t.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Roque Mesa on 20:29 - Dec 23 with 6077 viewsJack1

Roque Mesa on 19:37 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

There's a certain casualness that sneaks into his play from time to time that he needs to work on, but in the current malaise it's great to see someone who clearly wants the ball, wants to move it quickly and obviously gets pissed off with people who don't meet his standards.

Spot on. That's exactly what my thoughts were.
Roque Mesa on 20:42 - Dec 23 with 5947 viewsRancid

11m wasnt it? How much did Liverpool want for Joe Allen post Euros?

I know we offered 8 before the tournament but would 11 have sealed the deal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024