Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The latest escape goat 17:05 - Feb 23 with 7510 viewsNogginthenog

This poor security officer that is being demonised by The Donald.

Put yourself in his shoes for a moment and think about confronting someone with an AR15 assault rifle and you with a side arm.

Is it right to call him a coward, a 54 year old man probably untrained in the art of shooting someone dead.

Am I the only one who feels sympathy for this chap.
The latest escape goat on 17:28 - Feb 23 with 4104 viewsAmbergambler

It doesn't matter how much you train and prepare for that kind of situation you never know how you'd respond. He probably froze, doesn't make him a coward.

Trump is a first class tw@t.
The latest escape goat on 17:32 - Feb 23 with 4100 viewscimlajack

Trained up for the job,which by anyone's standards, was well paid @$75k p.a.

If anyone is looking for a scapegoat,begin with Human Resources,their selection process failed,wrong person,wrong job.

The security guard has to live with his actions for the rest of his life,best of luck with that.
The latest escape goat on 17:43 - Feb 23 with 4082 viewsHighjack

Definitely some sympathy yeah, it's a horrible situation and he shouldn't be hung out to dry. But when you have unarmed teachers throwing themselves in front of bullets to protect kids whilst this guy had the opportunity to stop it or at least save a few lives cowering outside its a big let down to the people he was there to protect.

It is a bit sick though that Trump has contrived to make this guy more infamous than the real guilty party, the scumbag who open fired in the first place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The latest escape goat on 17:58 - Feb 23 with 4053 viewsBobby_Fischer

This coming from Trump who dodged the draft for the Vietnam war several times.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

The latest escape goat on 18:06 - Feb 23 with 4038 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The latest escape goat on 17:58 - Feb 23 by Bobby_Fischer

I think Trump may be the escaped goat here, trying to get out of a corner with the NRA.
Making the security officer a scapegoat is a poor effort, I thought we gave that stuff up after WW1?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 18:07]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The latest escape goat on 18:11 - Feb 23 with 4028 viewsHighjack

They're talking about arming teachers now. Which is obviously madness.

"Welcome to your first day of teaching Miss Carruthers. Your first lesson is on Christs message of peace and goodwill in the gospels, here's your board rubber, chalk and MP5 sub machine gun. See you at dinner time".

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The latest escape goat on 18:47 - Feb 23 with 3992 viewsHumpty

The latest escape goat on 17:58 - Feb 23 by Bobby_Fischer

Perhaps the security guard had bone spurs as well.
The latest escape goat on 19:07 - Feb 23 with 3965 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I suggest that you guys read behind the Headlines and find out about Deputy Peterson and how many times he had the opportunity to stop Cruz over the last 2 years.
You can also include his boss Sheriff Isreal, the FBI and the School Board in that failure to stop him.
They could also have easily prevented him from buying guns in the first place based on his "social and mental health problems".
Login to get fewer ads

The latest escape goat on 19:20 - Feb 23 with 3945 viewsexiledclaseboy

trump is a c*nt. simple as.

Poll: Tory leader

The latest escape goat on 19:21 - Feb 23 with 3942 viewslondonlisa2001

The NRA's argument of a 'good man with a gun' gets blown straight out the water doesn't it.

A trained security guard, who was previously a Sheriff's Deputy, doesn't stop an attack, but a maths teacher is going to after two hours down the rifle range?

Shows the whole argument up for being as stupid as it always was.

Trump's attempts to demonise anyone and anything that he possibly can other than the idiots at the NRA is the sort of self serving pathetic nonsense that one would expect from an utterly useless human. Nice touch that he had to write a reminder to say 'I hear you' in an attempt to appear even a teensy bit empathetic when meeting survivors.
The latest escape goat on 19:26 - Feb 23 with 3928 viewsHumpty

The latest escape goat on 19:07 - Feb 23 by A_Fans_Dad

I suggest that you guys read behind the Headlines and find out about Deputy Peterson and how many times he had the opportunity to stop Cruz over the last 2 years.
You can also include his boss Sheriff Isreal, the FBI and the School Board in that failure to stop him.
They could also have easily prevented him from buying guns in the first place based on his "social and mental health problems".

I suggest you read up on the one piece of gun related legislation Trump has signed since becoming president.

That'll be the one which made it easier for people with mental health problems to get hold of firearms.
The latest escape goat on 20:04 - Feb 23 with 3876 viewsKilkennyjack

The latest escape goat on 19:21 - Feb 23 by londonlisa2001

The NRA's argument of a 'good man with a gun' gets blown straight out the water doesn't it.

A trained security guard, who was previously a Sheriff's Deputy, doesn't stop an attack, but a maths teacher is going to after two hours down the rifle range?

Shows the whole argument up for being as stupid as it always was.

Trump's attempts to demonise anyone and anything that he possibly can other than the idiots at the NRA is the sort of self serving pathetic nonsense that one would expect from an utterly useless human. Nice touch that he had to write a reminder to say 'I hear you' in an attempt to appear even a teensy bit empathetic when meeting survivors.

Top post Lisa 👏.

Bloke on twitter said if an armed teacher then went rogue, would we need to arm the dinner ladies. Makes the point.

JFK and Ronald Reagan had many armed guards ...?

Beware of the Risen People

The latest escape goat on 20:25 - Feb 23 with 3840 viewsAnotherJohn

It seems to me that dislike of Trump is colouring posters' responses. There was already much discussion of this story well before Trump opened his mouth. I can understand this school resource officer's reluctance to enter the building, but merely letting the assailant know of his presence by peeping into the building, firing his weapon so that a few reports could be heard and shouting 'armed police', might well have been enough to save some lives lost in the four minutes between the officer's arrival and when the shooting stopped. Incidentally a SRO is a sworn law-enforcement officer who usually operates out of the police department. Several teachers and the coach did put their lives on the line to try to save kids, and they are the ones who have my respect.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 20:38]
The latest escape goat on 20:35 - Feb 23 with 3809 viewsjackportis

What has an escaped goat got to do with this shooting?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The latest escape goat on 20:40 - Feb 23 with 3802 viewsBLAZE

This isn't Hollywood. Not everyone can be heroes in these situations - if they were then there'd be no need to make such a fuss over real heroes. They'd be par for the course

I read a comment by a US cop earlier who had been in a live shooter situation inside a building, where he passed fellow police officers in the building who had completely frozen. He said these same officers were phenomenal out in the street. I guess it's impossible to know how a person will respond and no amount of training or reenactment will replicate it

Yes he's paid to serve and protect, and apparently they're expected to enter the building under such circumstances, but I suggest it's not that easy to overrule your basic instinct. He failed, and he's retired as a result. I imagine if you'd asked him before this event whether he'd rush in under similar circumstances he'd have believed yes - I think we'd all like to believe we'd have that courage too

Is he a hero? No. Is he a coward? No.

[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 20:43]
The latest escape goat on 21:21 - Feb 23 with 3729 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The latest escape goat on 19:26 - Feb 23 by Humpty

I suggest you read up on the one piece of gun related legislation Trump has signed since becoming president.

That'll be the one which made it easier for people with mental health problems to get hold of firearms.

That's it close your eyes to the root causes of this particular shooting and blame Trump.
I am surprised you don't blame him for all the other shootings over the last 10-20 years.
The latest escape goat on 21:36 - Feb 23 with 3706 viewsHumpty

The latest escape goat on 21:21 - Feb 23 by A_Fans_Dad

That's it close your eyes to the root causes of this particular shooting and blame Trump.
I am surprised you don't blame him for all the other shootings over the last 10-20 years.

What is the root cause of this shooting?

The fact that people can buy assault rifles, something that no civilian needs or should be allowed to buy?
The latest escape goat on 21:38 - Feb 23 with 3704 viewsDarran

They want to close his eyes for good with a bullet through the pricks skull.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The latest escape goat on 21:40 - Feb 23 with 3702 viewsnantywatcher

You'd need the IQ of a root vegetable to be able to manufacture a defence of trump and his moronic comments. Why not go the whole hog trumpy and arm all the students and the dinner ladies - the NRA would give their full backing to that. You have a President who is a laughing stock the whole world over. Pathetic excuse for a human being.
The latest escape goat on 21:50 - Feb 23 with 3689 viewsDyfnant

Never mind putting yourself into the ‘security’ officers shoes, put yourself into one of the parents shoes. The one thing this guy was employed to do he just completely failed at. Would he have gone in if one of his kids had been in there

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The latest escape goat on 21:57 - Feb 23 with 3674 viewsDarran

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The latest escape goat on 23:26 - Feb 23 with 3590 viewsJango

The latest escape goat on 21:50 - Feb 23 by Dyfnant

Never mind putting yourself into the ‘security’ officers shoes, put yourself into one of the parents shoes. The one thing this guy was employed to do he just completely failed at. Would he have gone in if one of his kids had been in there

He got there after the shooting started. He had a hand gun and could probably hear the rapid fire from the semi automatic rifle within no clue how many shooters there were. Nobody knows how they’d react in that situation.

Are these school teachers gonna be wearing bullet proof vests if they are expected to get in the line of fire.
The latest escape goat on 23:36 - Feb 23 with 3574 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im amazed that this whole horrific incident has been turned into another Trump witchunt. We know he comes out with some bonkers stuff, but a bit of perspective eh?

Theres been a whole, long, illustrious line of politicians and presidents who have failed to action any sort of limit on firearms in the US. The paid security failed to do its job. The actual shooter themselves seems to be getting less attention (blame) than Trump himself. Im not fan of Trump, but fcking hell. Schoolkids were killed at school during the day by a nutjob with automatic weapons. Its as if they are a sidenote in the Trump witchhunt.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The latest escape goat on 23:40 - Feb 23 with 3569 viewsHumpty

The latest escape goat on 23:36 - Feb 23 by PozuelosSideys

Im amazed that this whole horrific incident has been turned into another Trump witchunt. We know he comes out with some bonkers stuff, but a bit of perspective eh?

Theres been a whole, long, illustrious line of politicians and presidents who have failed to action any sort of limit on firearms in the US. The paid security failed to do its job. The actual shooter themselves seems to be getting less attention (blame) than Trump himself. Im not fan of Trump, but fcking hell. Schoolkids were killed at school during the day by a nutjob with automatic weapons. Its as if they are a sidenote in the Trump witchhunt.

Trump thinks it's all about mental illness, not guns.

Trump made it easier for the mentally ill to get their hands on lethal weaponry. It's the only thing he's actually done about guns.

I will criticize him thanks.
The latest escape goat on 23:47 - Feb 23 with 3563 viewsPozuelosSideys

The latest escape goat on 23:40 - Feb 23 by Humpty

Trump thinks it's all about mental illness, not guns.

Trump made it easier for the mentally ill to get their hands on lethal weaponry. It's the only thing he's actually done about guns.

I will criticize him thanks.

Right. You keep on talking politics while oblivious to the fact Trump had zero to do with this incident, and many, many incidents before it. The root cause is guns being legal which is something thats been around as long as the US itself has.

Presidents such as Obama and Bush are just as complicit in acts such as this one as Trump is.

Might want to turn your American spellchecker off too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024