Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cultural Appropriation 19:19 - May 1 with 5846 viewsAndy1300

Views on this one then?

Personally, I think the world is losing the plot

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/teen-accused-of-cultural-appropriation-prom-dress/?ut

Number 1 team in Wales

Cultural Appropriation on 20:18 - May 2 with 1366 viewsWingstandwood

I got chastised by my nephew (always desperate to be offended by f#ck all) a few months back courtesy of yet another example of 'common sense void/ guilty by warped imagination crimes'.

Apparently I was judged to have used the term 'black' to describe a sax player with gratuitous unnecessary intent. I got away with it (phew!) because I was interrupted midflow and latter went on to explain/elaborate further that the sax players fellow musicians looked and sounded like a stereotypical New Orleans jazz combo... The racism insinuation then subsided. Yes! Apparently nowadays according to some you've got to have a bloody darn good reason to call someone black when that someone actually is! What a f#cked up world we're living in, seriously!

Argus!

Cultural Appropriation on 20:26 - May 2 with 1349 viewsFlashberryjack

Cultural Appropriation on 20:18 - May 2 by Wingstandwood

I got chastised by my nephew (always desperate to be offended by f#ck all) a few months back courtesy of yet another example of 'common sense void/ guilty by warped imagination crimes'.

Apparently I was judged to have used the term 'black' to describe a sax player with gratuitous unnecessary intent. I got away with it (phew!) because I was interrupted midflow and latter went on to explain/elaborate further that the sax players fellow musicians looked and sounded like a stereotypical New Orleans jazz combo... The racism insinuation then subsided. Yes! Apparently nowadays according to some you've got to have a bloody darn good reason to call someone black when that someone actually is! What a f#cked up world we're living in, seriously!

We really are mate...I've probably offended some poor soul with that remark already.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cultural Appropriation on 21:24 - May 2 with 1288 viewsWingstandwood

Cultural Appropriation on 20:26 - May 2 by Flashberryjack

We really are mate...I've probably offended some poor soul with that remark already.

Some of the desperate to be offended must be on mind expanding psychedelics to aid mind travel into some parallel universe state of lunacy thats way beyond the realm of any sanity, common sense, decency and rational thought?

My take: The girl bought a darn impressive and stunning dress to wear

Jeremy Lam's take: "My culture is NOT your goddamn prom dress.

"I'm proud of my culture, including the extreme barriers marginalised people within that culture have had to overcome those obstacles. For it to simply be subject to American consumerism and cater to a white audience, is parallel to colonial ideology."

Doesn't a common sense free hypocrite and bully like that even have the slightest of inkling that he has made himself look a trillion times more racist than the innocent girl in question?

Doesn't the w@nker realise that the girl who bought the dress wasn't thinking at the time..... " I dig that dress, I must buy it buy, It'll be a great subject of American consumerism and cater to a white audience, oh and what about the fact its parallel to colonial ideology".
[Post edited 2 May 2018 21:25]

Argus!

Cultural Appropriation on 21:39 - May 2 with 1270 viewsFieryJack

Cultural Appropriation on 21:24 - May 2 by Wingstandwood

Some of the desperate to be offended must be on mind expanding psychedelics to aid mind travel into some parallel universe state of lunacy thats way beyond the realm of any sanity, common sense, decency and rational thought?

"I'm proud of my culture, including the extreme barriers marginalised people within that culture have had to overcome those obstacles. For it to simply be subject to American consumerism and cater to a white audience, is parallel to colonial ideology."

Doesn't a common sense free hypocrite and bully like that even have the slightest of inkling that he has made himself look a trillion times more racist than the innocent girl in question?

Doesn't the w@nker realise that the girl who bought the dress wasn't thinking at the time..... " I dig that dress, I must buy it buy, It'll be a great subject of American consumerism and cater to a white audience, oh and what about the fact its parallel to colonial ideology".

I'm more exercised by American cultural imperialism in the UK:

McDonalds v Wimpey
Starbucks v the corner caff
Multiplex cinemas v the local fleapit
Shopping malls v the High Street
Regular v Small
Cheerleaders v wooden rattles
BBQs v Picnic on a grassy verge
Bradford Bulls v Bradford Northern
Budweiser v Brown Ale

People on here moan about multi-culturalism, but obediently bend over every day without a word, and take it up the ass from the Yanks.

Pah!
Cultural Appropriation on 21:51 - May 2 with 1261 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What a beautiful dress

What the f@cks wrong with people mun

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Cultural Appropriation on 22:06 - May 2 with 1241 viewsLohengrin

Cultural Appropriation on 21:24 - May 2 by Wingstandwood

Jeremy? Beautiful Chinese name there, as the Landlord would say. What are the odds he was moaning in English about the girl’s dress while wearing jeans and trainers?

Yet more SJW silliness.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024