Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fat lady starts clearing her throat 18:43 - May 5 with 5499 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

How did we end up like this
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:47 - May 5 with 4495 viewsclloy2

Two shocking transfer windows.
Greed came before maintaining premiership status
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:48 - May 5 with 4490 viewsJack123

Cause we are shit? I had a funny feeling this might happen, I thought maybe the bookies were right and they knew best(obviously not), had us a 5-1 to go down 2 weeks ago, if Southampton win this, and I can't see us beating them Tuesday, I think it's pray for a win against Stoke and get above Huddersfield.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 18:49]

libera nos a malo

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:49 - May 5 with 4458 viewsSWAND

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:48 - May 5 by Jack123

Cause we are shit? I had a funny feeling this might happen, I thought maybe the bookies were right and they knew best(obviously not), had us a 5-1 to go down 2 weeks ago, if Southampton win this, and I can't see us beating them Tuesday, I think it's pray for a win against Stoke and get above Huddersfield.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 18:49]

Even if they win this and we lose to them Tuesday we WILLL beat stoke to go above Huddersfield
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:54 - May 5 with 4411 viewsOldjack

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:49 - May 5 by SWAND

Even if they win this and we lose to them Tuesday we WILLL beat stoke to go above Huddersfield

And if Hudds win tomorrow?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:56 - May 5 with 4375 viewsSWAND

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:54 - May 5 by Oldjack

And if Hudds win tomorrow?

They won’t get another point
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:57 - May 5 with 4359 viewsCaptain_Sham

I actually prefer that we have to beat them. I'm fking sick of this 'hang in there' bollocks
[Post edited 5 May 2018 18:57]

Its just a ride.

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:57 - May 5 with 4340 viewstheloneranger

Avoid defeat on Tuesday and it's back on Saturday, with Southampton v Man City

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 19:04 - May 5 with 4284 viewsCaptain_Sham

Either way we have to win a game now.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 19:06 - May 5 with 4259 viewsmagicdaps10

How did ityou end up like this!?

Reality is it has been seen many on here for the last 2 seasons. Jenkins and co are the root of it all and need to take responsibility for it.

Its truly sad how it has ended.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 21:02 - May 5 with 4128 viewspeenemunde

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 19:04 - May 5 by Captain_Sham

No we don’t
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 21:10 - May 5 with 4106 viewsawayjack

Greed and Ego.
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 21:42 - May 5 with 4019 viewsJackFish

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 19:04 - May 5 by Captain_Sham

Two draws probably still does it since Southampton play Man City next weekend.
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 21:45 - May 5 with 4010 viewsploppy

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 18:57 - May 5 by theloneranger

Avoid defeat on Tuesday and it's back on Saturday, with Southampton v Man City

Sunday.
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 21:50 - May 5 with 3988 viewscmajack

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 21:42 - May 5 by JackFish

Two draws probably still does it since Southampton play Man City next weekend.

Yeah like Brighton were going to lose to man utd and Liverpool were going to steam roller stoke. It doesn't work like that.
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:20 - May 5 with 3928 viewsploppy

Back to the OP. We ended up like this because we went away from the style of football that got us into the PL in the first place and kept us there. I said it years ago - the only thing that distinguished us from "the rest" of the dross in the PL (Stoke etc.) was our possession based style of play, and that once we became one of "the rest", with our limited resources we were bound to fail sooner or later. It may not be this year, but if we don't change our style we'll be in the same boat next year. So, you'd have to ask yourself when and why we changed our style of play - and for me that lays squarely at the door of one Mr Garry Monk. Once I heard him say he was happy not to have the ball I thought we're fecked. Subsequent managers have talked about The Swansea Way, but (a) they were too pragmatic to really embrace it, and (b) we were losing/not buying players who really suited that style of play. Oh for the days we could string loads of passes together and make the opposition chase around.
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:34 - May 5 with 3884 viewsphact0rri

Its been a whimpering decline, as the boardroom looks to make profits instead of actually looking at the larger picture. there won't be profits to make if we are relegated.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:35 - May 5 with 3880 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:20 - May 5 by ploppy

Back to the OP. We ended up like this because we went away from the style of football that got us into the PL in the first place and kept us there. I said it years ago - the only thing that distinguished us from "the rest" of the dross in the PL (Stoke etc.) was our possession based style of play, and that once we became one of "the rest", with our limited resources we were bound to fail sooner or later. It may not be this year, but if we don't change our style we'll be in the same boat next year. So, you'd have to ask yourself when and why we changed our style of play - and for me that lays squarely at the door of one Mr Garry Monk. Once I heard him say he was happy not to have the ball I thought we're fecked. Subsequent managers have talked about The Swansea Way, but (a) they were too pragmatic to really embrace it, and (b) we were losing/not buying players who really suited that style of play. Oh for the days we could string loads of passes together and make the opposition chase around.

Spot on I’ve said loads of times Jenkins and Monk thought they could do what Laudrup ant Tutumulu could do on the cheap
[Post edited 5 May 2018 22:38]
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:36 - May 5 with 3878 viewsunion_jack

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:34 - May 5 by phact0rri

Its been a whimpering decline, as the boardroom looks to make profits instead of actually looking at the larger picture. there won't be profits to make if we are relegated.

Well there's parachute payments. Frugal recruitment policy will mean more cash sloshing around for our glorious investors.

And even if there is no money, they've done pretty well out of us so far I'd imagine.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:40 - May 5 with 3858 viewslonglostjack

Top post. I'll always remember Laudrup clapping politely at Old Trafford after we scored a great goal. West Ham away and a disastrous performance and the way was clear for Monk. That block at Wembley and 3:0 in his first game against the scum - the Messiah had arrived. The problem is he believed he was and his Plan B was born. The rest is history.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 22:41]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:19 - May 5 with 3813 viewsmagicdaps10

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 22:36 - May 5 by union_jack

Well there's parachute payments. Frugal recruitment policy will mean more cash sloshing around for our glorious investors.

And even if there is no money, they've done pretty well out of us so far I'd imagine.

If we go down, out goes

Fabianski
Fernandez
Mawson
J.Ayew
A.Ayew
Bony
Narsingh

That will bring in over 60m. There will be promotion for half dozen u23 players and the token signing here and there. People say the yanks want to make money and relegation will not make them money........well you wait and see, coupled with parachute payments they will.
The club will be sold in 2/3 years but the initial payment by the yanks will be recouped in those 2/3 years and the profit will be made by the sale of the club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The fat lady starts clearing her throat (n/t) on 23:25 - May 5 with 3787 viewsswan65split

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:28 - May 5 with 3765 viewsFireboy2

Fantastic post
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:29 - May 5 with 3764 viewsswan65split

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:19 - May 5 by magicdaps10

If we go down, out goes

Fabianski
Fernandez
Mawson
J.Ayew
A.Ayew
Bony
Narsingh

That will bring in over 60m. There will be promotion for half dozen u23 players and the token signing here and there. People say the yanks want to make money and relegation will not make them money........well you wait and see, coupled with parachute payments they will.
The club will be sold in 2/3 years but the initial payment by the yanks will be recouped in those 2/3 years and the profit will be made by the sale of the club.

your not far wrong
if we go down....IF.....parachute payments?......whittled away somewhere!

Players gone, money in.

Yanks are top business men , we are Welsh "little men"

weve ALL probably been shafted good and proper,,,,,,,,remjember IF we down.

COYS
The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:29 - May 5 with 3763 viewsbarry_island

Stop being a Laudrup fanboy.

In Huw, Lee, Martin and John we trust.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:36 - May 5 with 3735 viewsploppy

The fat lady starts clearing her throat on 23:29 - May 5 by barry_island

Stop being a Laudrup fanboy.

In Huw, Lee, Martin and John we trust.

Just smile.

Can't tell if you're being serious, but either way I'm not a Laudrup fanboy. I agreed with his sacking at the time because I thought we were heading for relegation. For whatever reason, the fight had gone. The mistake was appointing Monk in his place - or maybe not replacing him that summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024