Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Match Report 06:58 - May 9 with 7854 viewssomersetsimon

"The sight of the Swans' players aimlessly lumping long balls into Southampton's penalty area was indicative not only of their dismal form this season, but of the way in which the Welsh side - once renowned for their attractive playing style - have lost their identity."

That sums it up niceley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43353971
BBC Match Report on 11:02 - May 9 with 1678 viewsRevJames

BBC Match Report on 08:17 - May 9 by somersetsimon

If we set up our club like everyone else, we're never going to compete with our lower income.
Our old style of play allowed us to pick up players that other clubs didn't want, but could fit into our system.
If we go for cheaper versions of Andy Carroll and Ryan Shawcross, we're doomed.
Martinez had the right idea. If you can't outspend teams, then you try to something different.

We were 'successful' because we tried to be different to everyone else. It's one of the key aspects of a successful business, whatever field you're in.

Part of the problem started when teams worked out how to play against our Plan A and we tried to find a plan B.

Now we don't have an A or a B.
BBC Match Report on 12:02 - May 9 with 1636 viewsBobby_Fischer

BBC Match Report on 11:02 - May 9 by RevJames

We were 'successful' because we tried to be different to everyone else. It's one of the key aspects of a successful business, whatever field you're in.

Part of the problem started when teams worked out how to play against our Plan A and we tried to find a plan B.

Now we don't have an A or a B.

No, Monk was the problem.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

BBC Match Report on 13:07 - May 9 with 1613 viewsthornabyswan

BBC Match Report on 12:02 - May 9 by Bobby_Fischer

Had 4 managers since Monk.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

BBC Match Report on 13:19 - May 9 with 1594 viewsicecoldjack

BBC Match Report on 09:18 - May 9 by Smellyplumz

I rest my case your honor.

It's been quite a few years since I seen one of our midfielders trip over the ball so often and get his body in consistantly the wrong place .

I won't say anything about his false throw.. was a club record signing for us this season..ffs !
BBC Match Report on 13:43 - May 9 with 1583 viewsKilkennyjack

BBC Match Report on 12:02 - May 9 by Bobby_Fischer

Totally agree.

A clever twwat.

Beware of the Risen People

BBC Match Report on 15:00 - May 9 with 1539 viewsYossarian

Andy King- about as aggressive in the tackle as Carroll and I’ve seen faster milk floats....which is why he’s always late and getting booked.
Clucas- he of the defence splitting pass....not.
Carroll- doesn’t even look where he’s passing sideways ( see last night) because most of the time his passes are backwards because he’s too cowardly to play forward or put a proper foot in
Ki- it’s all been said.
Narsingh- dithering, lacking in bite and aggression
Dyer and Routledge- been handed new deals but past their sell by dates
Fer- remember him? Another lazy, one paced, flat-track bully.
Forget the strikers, this lot can’t take free-kicks, corners or consistently get decent crosses into the box so how the feck can you expect the strikers to score without decent service. This is where the problem lays my friends, oh, and with the fact we can’t defend corners to save our lives. What do they do at our expensive, state of the art training ground every day? Feck me, I’m so depressed by this lot. I loved the Rodgers and Laudrup teams...but you can’t warm to any of this lot. They lack personality, character and any affinity with the club.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024