Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did I just watch😳 18:11 - Jul 27 with 6953 viewsGeoffThom

Well that really was poor ,if we’re going to play a posesion game it has to be fast and not passing sq for no reason ,free kicks can’t be slow two yard passes to nothing ,under Martinez and Rogers it was quick triangles and everything was done with pace and purpose ?
This is the same slow boring rubbish letting teams get behind the ball easily and can defend against us with ease,no one stood out today and our keeper is really poor also.
We really need new players and quick or we’re in big trouble ,we won’t compete with the hurly burly of the championship at the moment ?
What did I just watch😳 on 20:45 - Jul 27 with 1816 viewsLeonWasGod

If I was a betting man, I’d be putting a few quid on us going down rather than up. Weren’t odds of 40:1 being quoted for relegation - best odds you’ll see this year.

Let’s hope Potter can work his magic and the few injured players can come back and make a difference. Hope again though - that’s what kills you in the end.
What did I just watch😳 on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 1814 viewsLeonWasGod

What did I just watch😳 on 18:27 - Jul 27 by jacksfullaces

how many transfer windows have we had since the new owners came in.

Every single one of them has been talked about as the one to sort the club out.

always manyana.

They’re the worse thing to happen to tour club in the modern era. They should be getting the stick Huw is imo.
What did I just watch😳 on 20:58 - Jul 27 with 1759 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What did I just watch😳 on 20:46 - Jul 27 by LeonWasGod

They’re the worse thing to happen to tour club in the modern era. They should be getting the stick Huw is imo.

No, the rot set in before they bought the club.
What did I just watch😳 on 21:03 - Jul 27 with 1741 viewsjack247

What did I just watch😳 on 18:58 - Jul 27 by GeoffThom

Oh I’m not a fan of his ,but he’s been know with spurs to get it passed quickly,I know I’m banging the same drum but it’s starting to frustrate me that we’re not looking to move the ball in fast triangles were just moving from side to side with no purpose and it’s easy to defend against

Carroll is one of those players that plays the supporting role very well. Put him alongside a midfielder who always wants the ball and dictates the tempo and he will move it around crisply all day long. Different type of player, but I think Clucas and Fulton are pretty similar in that regard. Not really seen enough of Grimes to judge. Sign one quality central midfielder and it would change the whole dynamic. As it stands, I can see our midfield getting bossed and players going missing when the chips are down. No leaders in there. If we end up with Fer or Amat in that role it will be a big let down.
What did I just watch😳 on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 1663 viewsdonnybackspin

Before the tour I put money on Swans winning the Championship and Oli being top goal scorer.

Having wasted a lot more money on beer in Austria and Germany just put £20 on us being relegated.

We have been dreadful.

I hope we can get some decent players.
What did I just watch😳 on 22:47 - Jul 27 with 1543 viewsswanforthemoney

I didn't see any pre-season games. I hope and expect it will be OK when the season proper starts. I'm looking forward to winning a fair few games in the new season, especially once Potter and Reid get to grips with the Championship.
Average until January.
Good second half of the season.
Good 2019-2020
Go to the Ground, sing the songs, see what happens. It's what football always was and always will be.

I stand in the North Stand

What did I just watch😳 on 23:25 - Jul 27 with 1484 viewsKingBony

What did I just watch😳 on 22:47 - Jul 27 by swanforthemoney

I didn't see any pre-season games. I hope and expect it will be OK when the season proper starts. I'm looking forward to winning a fair few games in the new season, especially once Potter and Reid get to grips with the Championship.
Average until January.
Good second half of the season.
Good 2019-2020
Go to the Ground, sing the songs, see what happens. It's what football always was and always will be.

Not under this regime it’s not, wake up man ffs

It’s total bullocks is what it is, we’ve been shafted up the chocco starfish and we’re never gonna walk straight again under the current regime.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

What did I just watch😳 on 09:36 - Jul 28 with 1325 viewsicecoldjack

What did I just watch😳 on 20:34 - Jul 27 by Swanjaxs

Now this is worrying with the season not even started yet ... 😕

Very worrying, that's either a warning shot to the board to get new players in pronto or potter is already running up the white flag !

Calling the players out in public after being in the job about 4 weeks is very telling. Our players wernt up for a relegation fight when they controlled the destiny of it, so fook knows how they will react to the pressure of championship football if they start badly . They are mentally weak, we've know that for yonks, but modern day footballers being what they are, it will somehow swing round to being the managers fault, or if your name is the Res, the fans fault!
Login to get fewer ads

What did I just watch😳 on 11:35 - Jul 28 with 1258 viewsMoscowJack

I'm usually a glass half full sort of person, but I'm struggling after seeing some of the performances in pre-season. Defensively, we look incredibly weak (mixture of poor back four/five and lack of protection in front) and very disjointed in attack. There's no target man or link up player and we're lacking a boss in central midfield.

BUT....and this is what I'm clinging to....we would have performance SO much differently with a stronger spine of the team. If we had a fully fit Fernandez, Naughton, Olsson, Fer and Bony available, I think we would have been good enough and strong enough to win most of those games.

I'm not adding Jordan Ayew or Alfie as both will surely leave (the rest might, but less likely) but I am worried that we're going to get off to a bad start because of injuries to players like Fer and Bony.

Leroy's a key player for me next season but we also need a strong target man who can finish off the crosses that I think we're actually going to get into the box next season.

Momentum's huge in football (as it is in most sports) so I can't see us getting off to a slow start and then getting back on track once players return from injuries. Football rarely works like that....

Finally, our defence is porous but hasn't been protected well and mainly through the middle. The addition of Fer will add strength and power but he can't play a defensive mid role. We need an enforcer or two in front of the defence as I'm far from convinced that Carroll or Fulton are capable of playing that role as well as we need them to.

The biggest problem is that we're a total shambles at the moment, looking disjointed both on and off the pitch, but that CAN change quickly. A few sales out and a few purchases in could make a huge difference to confidence and the whole atmosphere around the club. From what I've seen and heard, the Man City player who was on loan at Ipswich last season could be the player who offers the magic dust that this team is desperately lacking.

I'm definitely not throwing in the towel, especially as there's so much that can (and probably will) happen in the next few weeks. For example, Maguire moving to ManU will start the musical chairs for centre halves. We could see both Mawson and Jordan Ayew going to Leicester. We'll also hopefully have a good chance of getting some high-profile loans in from some of the bigger clubs towards the end of the window, so all is not lost.

Let's TRY and be patient. We were missing quite a few players who would be very important players for us next season, so it's not all doom and gloom. I hope ;)

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

What did I just watch😳 on 11:45 - Jul 28 with 1242 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would have thought that there is very little chance of Mawson going before January.
Surely he will need to prove his Op has worked and he is playing well before a club will spend £20M+ on him?
What did I just watch😳 on 12:12 - Jul 28 with 1209 viewsjasper_T

What did I just watch😳 on 11:45 - Jul 28 by A_Fans_Dad

I would have thought that there is very little chance of Mawson going before January.
Surely he will need to prove his Op has worked and he is playing well before a club will spend £20M+ on him?

Three or four clubs are reported to be after him. They have to go for it now or risk missing out entirely. Bidding war please.

It's not like he tore an ACL, it was corrective surgery for an issue that wasn't even stopping him playing. I doubt it will be seen as a major problem.
What did I just watch😳 on 14:16 - Jul 28 with 1109 viewsLeonWasGod

What did I just watch😳 on 20:58 - Jul 27 by A_Fans_Dad

No, the rot set in before they bought the club.

They’re in charge. They should be doing something about the rot. Awful, awful owners. You only have to look at what’s happening in all the clubs they own to realise they’re bad news. We were warned...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024