Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. 17:00 - Jan 1 with 6612 viewsDrGonzo

Does he not? Can't have it both ways can we? Fantastic win boys.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 907 views_

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 08:26 - Jan 3 by 34dfgdf54

Leeds aren't the best example because as you said, Bielsa goes with relatively small squads. I completely agree we can't expect to have two senior, quality players to play every position, my point is sides like Leeds have been in the league for years, we are at the start of a rebuild, so I find it hard to judge our success this season against theirs.

We have got a back up left back, he's just not very good, so we are using players out of positon to cover. They have Tom Pearce an England U21 international when needed.

The Keeper is a problem, Bielsa decided not to strengthen and it's cost them points.

They have had a crisis at Centre Half, when fit they have Jannson who is one of the best defenders in the Championship, Cooper their Captain and Beradi who has played over 100 games for Leeds, and has experience in Italy. Beradi and Cooper are injured, that's just hard lines, so Phillips has covered. Have we even got two senior halves to get crocked?

Midfield -When fit Phillips and Klich, who you say is a surprise package, he's got 15 caps for Poland? Then you have Foreshaw who has plenty of experience at this level, after that the lad from Chelsea on loan Baker, who I may be wrong here, I'm sure we tried signing this lad when we were in the Premier League?

They have plenty more options than us.

I totally disagree and Jasper has made it quite clear why.

It's obvious what's happening here though and once again it's finding anything to use as arguments to suit a purpose, we all do it to certain degrees but Risca, you've gone to town in this thread.

Leeds are where they are now because they're bouncing off Bielsa. He's literally given them that extra bounce and they've bought into everything he's trying to get across.

They go 100 miles an hour every game and never give up. He trains them into the ground but they've responded to that and they've benefited from it.

He's also used a lot less players.

There's no way you can go through their squad and ours, position for position and say they are better equipped.

It's simple, their manager has over achieved and ours under achieved.

It's not terminal, it's just frustrating and if we employed some of Bielsa's tactics then we can get more out of our season as well.

And that would be less changes for changes sake and gain confidence from the harder work rate that results are normally achieved from.

Also, everyone needs to stop using Rodon as an example of filling a gap. Yes we may have been concerned about that before a ball was kicked but he's turned out to be one of the finds of the season. We've got a future EPL player there alongside another experienced EPL player, can the Leeds pair claim they'll be ever?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 12:29 - Jan 3 with 886 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 12:23 - Jan 3 by _

It's obvious what's happening here though and once again it's finding anything to use as arguments to suit a purpose, we all do it to certain degrees but Risca, you've gone to town in this thread.

Leeds are where they are now because they're bouncing off Bielsa. He's literally given them that extra bounce and they've bought into everything he's trying to get across.

They go 100 miles an hour every game and never give up. He trains them into the ground but they've responded to that and they've benefited from it.

There's no way you can go through their squad and ours, position for position and say they are better equipped.

It's not terminal, it's just frustrating and if we employed some of Bielsa's tactics then we can get more out of our season as well.

And that would be less changes for changes sake and gain confidence from the harder work rate that results are normally achieved from.

Also, everyone needs to stop using Rodon as an example of filling a gap. Yes we may have been concerned about that before a ball was kicked but he's turned out to be one of the finds of the season. We've got a future EPL player there alongside another experienced EPL player, can the Leeds pair claim they'll be ever?

Nah it's not, it's just using facts. I knew fully well a few on here would use Potter as the scapegoat if it looked like we weren't in contention. You don't like it, because you've come on here preaching about the owners / jenkins have got us to some sort of next level, and it kills you that you're seeing the reality of complete mismanagement at the top by the guy you have defended to the hilt on here.

Leeds kept their best 13/14 last season, and although didn't add alot, they added quality. Bielsa had a good base to work with. Potter did not.

You said on an earlier post, anyone who doesn't think this side is under achieving hasn't been in football long. Go back and have a look at your posts last year, you were well off the mark with how good you thought we were.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 14:11]
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 13:28 - Jan 3 with 837 viewsTailGunner

Top opening post.
Great win, great togetherness by all.
The fans were singing the manager's name on the concourse from 2pm, carried on until walking out 3hrs later.

Seems plenty are unhappy though and are using your thread to still attack the manager.

Rats.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 13:29]
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 13:55 - Jan 3 with 815 viewsjack247

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 12:23 - Jan 3 by _

Can’t argue against Bielsa overachieving with the squad he’s got. You’d kind of expect that though, he’s a world renowned manager and was an absolute coup for Leeds.

That doesn’t mean Potter is underachieving, Bielsa is a hell of a yardstick to judge even a Premier League manager by.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:43 - Jan 3 with 752 views_

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 12:29 - Jan 3 by 34dfgdf54

Nah it's not, it's just using facts. I knew fully well a few on here would use Potter as the scapegoat if it looked like we weren't in contention. You don't like it, because you've come on here preaching about the owners / jenkins have got us to some sort of next level, and it kills you that you're seeing the reality of complete mismanagement at the top by the guy you have defended to the hilt on here.

Leeds kept their best 13/14 last season, and although didn't add alot, they added quality. Bielsa had a good base to work with. Potter did not.

You said on an earlier post, anyone who doesn't think this side is under achieving hasn't been in football long. Go back and have a look at your posts last year, you were well off the mark with how good you thought we were.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 14:11]

I am not using Potter as a scapegoat and i've praised him a lot this season.

The only times I've criticised him is when he's made the painfully obvious fack-ups.

It's on these occasions, the quite a few of them, that I feel he's lost a lot of momentum.

And this has nothing to do with what squad he's had because he's always had a multitude of options in every game we've played in, including the times when he's got it all wrong.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024