Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 19:48 - Mar 26 with 21116 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 14:14]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:32 - Mar 30 with 2639 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:09 - Mar 30 by krunchykarrot

I agree, i dont care if we lose playing football with our kids learning every game. Bring back Rodon ASAP as well , if fans cant see that we are a few players short of a promotion challenging side next year with players who can step up and hopefully keep us there.

Dan James is learning all the time and hopefully his distribution will improve and with Byers Celina,and Roberts etc proving they are good enough all be it inconsistent at times Potter should be able to strengthen the spine.

We need to buy in a experienced ball winning CM captain , a CF who can put himself about and teach socks about positional play. Someone possibly like Glen Murray?? And lastly a GK who can also put himself about and command his box.

Now before all the Fans jump on this and tell me we are selling the family silver and Dan James is worth 30m we will just have to wait and see as this is just my opinionand where i see us at the moment ,playing some lovely football but no captain or a steel backbone anywhere.

But the team isn't learning from every game is it, we're still making the same mistakes game after game after game.

And if you think we'll be pushing for promotion next season, prepare to be disappointed.

At this rate we'll be the best footballing team in the 1st division.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:36 - Mar 30 with 2636 viewsunion_jack

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:04 - Mar 30 by monmouth

Oh right, I see the latest party line is to rubbish players that we are planning to sell. Predictable I suppose.

Just keep wittering 'next level' to yourself. Maybe next season you can roll out 'strong and stable' or whatever banal argument you are instructed to parrot.

I may be wrong but I read his post as being a criticism of the manager and tactics?

I’m a Potter fan and think he has many strengths but maybe, just maybe he should be getting a bit more out of the talent we have, in order McBurnie, Celina and James with a special mention to Grimes.

I may be a little over critical because he’s just coming back from illness but McBurnie needs to be more of an outlet for James and create space for him to pass to. With that pace and natural goal scoring ability in our side I think we should be scoring more.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:40 - Mar 30 with 2596 viewsFireboy2

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:32 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

He doesn't make many mistakes with the ball because everything is a safe option. It's part of why we struggle to break teams down. Too many players go sideways and backwards meaning the few creative players always have to beat several players to get an opening in the final third.

Joe isn't as good defensively (a lot taller, though) but he carries the ball forward and plays a range of lower-percentage forward passes, committing players and/or taking them our of the game in earlier phases. CCV is definitely good enough technically to do the same but he's very careful and conservative in his decision-making. Teams know they can apply less pressure to him and block off high-risk passing lanes instead.

Centre halfs are there primarily to defend, being able to play it out like a midfielder is a luxury, judging by today and other close defeats we need another decent midfielder to protect the likes of grimes(who is great) and byers who arent robust.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:45 - Mar 30 with 2588 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:32 - Mar 30 by Flashberryjack

But the team isn't learning from every game is it, we're still making the same mistakes game after game after game.

And if you think we'll be pushing for promotion next season, prepare to be disappointed.

At this rate we'll be the best footballing team in the 1st division.

They are learning and i am convinced that with a few savvy additions in the summer we will be looking good. To play this type of football and dominate teams is the hard part now add some nous and a hard captain we will be in with a shout.

If you think we are that bad and will get relegated you watch a different game to myself. I agree that we have left at least 15 points out on the pitch but that is because we have been bullied or inexperience.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:47 - Mar 30 with 2572 views34dfgdf54

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:04 - Mar 30 by monmouth

Oh right, I see the latest party line is to rubbish players that we are planning to sell. Predictable I suppose.

Just keep wittering 'next level' to yourself. Maybe next season you can roll out 'strong and stable' or whatever banal argument you are instructed to parrot.

In one Mon. Clear as day.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:52 - Mar 30 with 2563 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:36 - Mar 30 by union_jack

I may be wrong but I read his post as being a criticism of the manager and tactics?

I’m a Potter fan and think he has many strengths but maybe, just maybe he should be getting a bit more out of the talent we have, in order McBurnie, Celina and James with a special mention to Grimes.

I may be a little over critical because he’s just coming back from illness but McBurnie needs to be more of an outlet for James and create space for him to pass to. With that pace and natural goal scoring ability in our side I think we should be scoring more.

Potter has struggled all season to find a role for McBurnie that gets the best out of him without weakening the rest of the team. Looking back I think he's the main reason for all the tinkering before Christmas.

We'd win and Ollie would play well but you look down and see CBR up front and Celina out on the wing and think there must be a better way.

He's not suited to run channels and put his shoulder into centre halves. He's slower and weaker than most he comes up against. So he drops off and gets involved in the buildup and then we've got no one in the box when crosses come in.

Would be great in an old-fashioned 4-4-2 but we haven't the squad for it. I'd sell him for £10m in a heartbeat, any takers?
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:57 - Mar 30 with 2551 viewsunion_jack

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:52 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

Potter has struggled all season to find a role for McBurnie that gets the best out of him without weakening the rest of the team. Looking back I think he's the main reason for all the tinkering before Christmas.

We'd win and Ollie would play well but you look down and see CBR up front and Celina out on the wing and think there must be a better way.

He's not suited to run channels and put his shoulder into centre halves. He's slower and weaker than most he comes up against. So he drops off and gets involved in the buildup and then we've got no one in the box when crosses come in.

Would be great in an old-fashioned 4-4-2 but we haven't the squad for it. I'd sell him for £10m in a heartbeat, any takers?

Good analysis that, fair play.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 19:02 - Mar 30 with 2533 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:40 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

Centre halfs are there primarily to defend, being able to play it out like a midfielder is a luxury, judging by today and other close defeats we need another decent midfielder to protect the likes of grimes(who is great) and byers who arent robust.

Joe was good defensively for much of the season. Had a dodgy December but not fair to write him off entirely in that respect.

With the amount of the ball we had today it might have been a valuable luxury to provoke a bit of movement from Forest's defenders and create some space.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 19:03 - Mar 30 with 2512 views34dfgdf54

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 18:52 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

There’s another.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:02 - Mar 30 with 2379 viewsthornabyswan

And who do you think we will replace him with CBR maybe.
All very well selling your best young talent but replacing with league 1 or 2 standard won't end well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:35 - Mar 30 with 2318 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:02 - Mar 30 by thornabyswan

And who do you think we will replace him with CBR maybe.
All very well selling your best young talent but replacing with league 1 or 2 standard won't end well.

It's a problem position for sure, which is where quality recruitment comes in. Norwich were in a similar situation to us this time last season and it took a couple of million to transform them into title contenders with Pukki and Buendia. Having sold Maddison and Josh Murphy for about £30m.

It's part of the challenge of the Championship. Most teams are having to sell their standouts and reinvest only fractions of what they received, and still try to improve both the quality of the individuals, and the overall structure of the team.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 2290 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:35 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

It's a problem position for sure, which is where quality recruitment comes in. Norwich were in a similar situation to us this time last season and it took a couple of million to transform them into title contenders with Pukki and Buendia. Having sold Maddison and Josh Murphy for about £30m.

It's part of the challenge of the Championship. Most teams are having to sell their standouts and reinvest only fractions of what they received, and still try to improve both the quality of the individuals, and the overall structure of the team.

Our signings in the summer have not filled me with the belief that we can do a Norwich.

Mackay Asoro Dhanda have all failed to impress.
Celina was pretty expensive but on his day is quality.
The lad from Real Madrid can't remember his name sorry where is he.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:52 - Mar 30 with 2286 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:45 - Mar 30 by thornabyswan

Our signings in the summer have not filled me with the belief that we can do a Norwich.

Mackay Asoro Dhanda have all failed to impress.
Celina was pretty expensive but on his day is quality.
The lad from Real Madrid can't remember his name sorry where is he.

Doing a Norwich would be a big ask, yeah. And the recent record isn't fantastic. But there's a range of possible outcomes between that and still just CBR.

Hopefully Asoro, McKay and John were more Jenkins than Potter/Macaulay.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 21:04 - Mar 30 with 2260 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:52 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

Doing a Norwich would be a big ask, yeah. And the recent record isn't fantastic. But there's a range of possible outcomes between that and still just CBR.

Yes hopefully Jenkins but Potter / Macaulay must have had input.
Why would the Yanks trust Jenkins after the disastrous windows with Bony Sanchez Clucas Abrahams and Ayew in January.
Surely they would not be that dumb to let him waste yet again.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 21:06]

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 21:47 - Mar 30 with 2199 viewsjack_lord

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 17:44 - Mar 30 by treboeth1966

For most of the game they were superb . The comments are shocking . Young team who will make mistakes etc . Its such a pity half of them will be gone

Hopefully, based on Potter's build and grow mentality, we will storm the league next season with our sexy football.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 (n/t) (n/t) on 22:20 - Mar 30 with 2155 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 21:47 - Mar 30 by jack_lord

Hopefully, based on Potter's build and grow mentality, we will storm the league next season with our sexy football.

Our results sequence reads LWLLL for the past 5 matches. That’s relegation form. We’re probably safe - just - for this season. But it’s hard to see us ‘storming this league next year with our sexy football’ - perhaps we’ll storm League 1 the following season?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 22:31]
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 22:40 - Mar 30 with 2112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 21:47 - Mar 30 by jack_lord

He needs some tried and tested experience and dog in CDM and a different type of centre forward, also with good experience. Unfortunately that depends on funds and I'm not over confident Potter will get much by way of financial backing.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 10:36 - Mar 31 with 1805 views34dfgdf54

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 20:52 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

Asoro was Potter’s surely?

I’m sure I read somewhere that stats guy told them about McKay so there’s a possibility he was touted before Potter was involved, John on the other hand was just a quick fix to a problem position, I don’t think he’s been as bad as some people say either to be honest.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 11:47 - Mar 31 with 1762 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 10:36 - Mar 31 by 34dfgdf54

Asoro was Potter’s surely?

I’m sure I read somewhere that stats guy told them about McKay so there’s a possibility he was touted before Potter was involved, John on the other hand was just a quick fix to a problem position, I don’t think he’s been as bad as some people say either to be honest.

John had a couple of good games (and some poor ones) but Potter clearly doesn't have much faith in him so if he was a Potter signing (unlikely) it's a bad sign.

Asoro he talked about having tracked for a few years but I don't think he came out and announced "this is my signing that I wanted" specifically. And it was fairly early in the summer iirc. Probably Potter though, yes. Don't want to declare it as fact though because sometimes things don't line up as you expect (like the Paul Clement - Tammy Abraham Chelsea link, which seems straightforward but in reality we pursued him on Brian Flynn's recommendation).
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 12:54 - Mar 31 with 1692 viewsjasper_T

The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 22:40 - Mar 30 by Brynmill_Jack

He needs some tried and tested experience and dog in CDM and a different type of centre forward, also with good experience. Unfortunately that depends on funds and I'm not over confident Potter will get much by way of financial backing.

Not sure it's a dog he needs but someone who reads the game as a defender, anticipating danger, knowing when to step in and when to back off etc. It's a talent Grimes, Byers and Fer don't possess regardless of whatever enthusiasm to get stuck in they may or may not have. Too often one simple pass can take our entire midfield out of the equation, creating space and panic.

Players like that are hard to find, especially with the technical ability to play the way Potter wants to play. You're looking for an Ampadu, or a time machine for Leon, or Jack Evans if his recovery continues in a positive manner.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 21:33 - Mar 31 with 1487 viewsBytholWyn

Just watched the full match and I'm surprised that more has not been made of the shocking refereeing. There's a strong case for Forest having 3, perhaps even 4 players, being sent off. Darikwa and Colback should both have been yellow carded first half - and were subsequently carded in the second half. But the really big one was Lolley's challenge on Byers half-way through the first half. A two footed, out-of-control, off the ground challenge - a straight red every day of the week - but the ref seemed reluctant to even give a yellow. Then late on Benalouane made a very poor challenge on VDH which was yellow carded but could easily have been a red. And on top of that McBurnie should have had a pen first half, but was booked instead. Shocking display - but so, so typical of the rubbish refereeing in the Championship. Forest have the worst disciplinary record in the league, so you would think the refs would be wise to their approach.

One thing we need to get better at is protesting decisions. Dyer was stood by Byers when he was taken out - but he hardly protested at all. Likewise with the McBurnie penalty, where Dyer just stood there. Referees are influenced by players' reactions to events, so we need to be putting pressure on them. At the moment we're making it too easy for them to make bad decisions.

One other annoying thing about the game was the build-up to the equalizer. Twice in quick succession Celina gave the ball away needlessly, leading to the corner that Lolley took (who should have been red carded) for the goal. We need to be more savvy in these situations.
The Official Nottingham Forest Vs Swansea City Match Thread1 on 04:23 - Apr 1 with 1347 viewsdameedna

The latest sting of five results have been astonishing. Some of our players do have experience and this may be our best chance of getting in the play offs. All the results are doing is making it more plausible that players will be tempted away.

Not putting games away aside from the Man C game which was almost perfect is the biggest conundrum. Missing McBurnie big time in the last few games. Shame we dont have a better back up. Probably should have been Asoro but not this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024