Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are swansea carrying a player 13:00 - Sep 22 with 3853 viewstrefelinjack

I know some of you are happy with a "consistent 6/7 out of 10" player and hate critising our players but for me bidwell is knowhere near a top half championship player. So many times yesterday he give the ball away and looked clueless with it. If we are serious as a club of going for promotion then we cannot be carrying someone like him every game. Alarm bells should have rung when QPR released a young player to their rivals.
Are swansea carrying a player on 13:13 - Sep 22 with 3174 viewsWhiterockin

Bidwell is a solid player not fancy not flash, just goes about doing his job. An upgrade on our recent past and good enough for the Championship.
Are swansea carrying a player on 13:14 - Sep 22 with 3169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well Byers wasn't the paragon of ball retention either! Both he and Fulton can be anonymous in games, Bidwell is at least capable of a decent cross.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are swansea carrying a player on 13:18 - Sep 22 with 3148 viewsNeath_Jack

Another stupid f*cking thread.

What consistent 10/10 players have we got? I'll answer, none.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are swansea carrying a player on 14:08 - Sep 22 with 3028 viewsoldcob

Bidwell not a bad player by any means. Everybody has the odd game that they don't play well, and it's rare the whole side plays well. That's the same with all teams. Favs like Celina and Roberts have not been up to scratch lately and Cooper has had the courage not to select Roberts for yesterday and he hooked Celina early versus Notts Forest. Oh, by the way, Bidwell was offered a contract extension at QPR, he chose not to sign it.
Are swansea carrying a player on 14:12 - Sep 22 with 3009 viewspencoedjack

I thought everyone played well yesterday, we were the better side.

Special mention for Naughton who I always slate thought he had a very good game yesterday
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 14:27]
Are swansea carrying a player on 14:19 - Sep 22 with 2991 viewsjack_lord

Are swansea carrying a player on 13:14 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Well Byers wasn't the paragon of ball retention either! Both he and Fulton can be anonymous in games, Bidwell is at least capable of a decent cross.

I agree. also though that Kyle had a good game so if a player is not being consistent then we can put others in the position.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Are swansea carrying a player on 14:28 - Sep 22 with 2949 viewsTimTtam

God, yet another thread trashing Bidwell.

There are some who are just never satisfied. Don't expect Bidwell to be a 8/10 player. He is not. He is a solid player at Championship level with a lot of experience, and that experience will be crucial as the season goes on and younger players tire.

He puts in a good shift defensively most weeks, and he can occasionally sneak up the field and put a cross or two in. If he is in fact as bad as people on here make him out to be, then he will be dropped.

It wasn't that long ago that Declan John was the whipping boy, but now he's going to be our savior??? Short memories guys. Short memories.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Are swansea carrying a player on 14:30 - Sep 22 with 2938 viewsNotLoyal

Not everyone is 100% every game, mind you the pampering and pandering these players get I think that's what everyone expects.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Are swansea carrying a player on 14:46 - Sep 22 with 2913 viewsThornburyswan

As others have said solid between 5 - 7 out of 10 player, made an excellent block right at the end of the first half yesterday that probably saved a goal, not helped when we play Celina in front of him as he’s not the strongest tackler so can leave Bidwell with 2 on 1.

For me our issues, if you want to see them as that, are further forward - considering our possession/territorial advantage yesterday we simply do not hit the target/work the opposition keeper enough.
Are swansea carrying a player on 15:09 - Sep 22 with 2860 viewsBDS

All the criticism of Bidwell, we’ll find out over the next few games whether we’ll miss him.
Are swansea carrying a player on 15:10 - Sep 22 with 2858 viewsBadlands

Bidwell is weak but he's English so, like Jonjo and Mawson will always have allowances made for him.
Good to see Naughton at right back yesterday - defensively he's always more solid than Roberts and while Connor seems to have anger management issues I expect to see him keep his place.
In terms of carrying players I don't see an alternative to Bidwell although as an attacking full back I'd prefer John but I think Grimes is way off the standard he achieved last season,

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are swansea carrying a player on 15:13 - Sep 22 with 2843 viewsmonmouth

Bidwell had the best crossing accuracy in the division last season. None of our other players even look before they hoof it 20 yards over the nearest player, so he could be a very important asset for us. he's certainly nowhere near as bad as his detractors make out. We have 4 clean sheets out of 8 and he has saved at least one goal which would have defeated us at Loftus Road and created a couple.

Carrying him we are absolutely not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are swansea carrying a player on 15:44 - Sep 22 with 2787 viewsDr_Winston

Are swansea carrying a player on 14:28 - Sep 22 by TimTtam

God, yet another thread trashing Bidwell.

There are some who are just never satisfied. Don't expect Bidwell to be a 8/10 player. He is not. He is a solid player at Championship level with a lot of experience, and that experience will be crucial as the season goes on and younger players tire.

He puts in a good shift defensively most weeks, and he can occasionally sneak up the field and put a cross or two in. If he is in fact as bad as people on here make him out to be, then he will be dropped.

It wasn't that long ago that Declan John was the whipping boy, but now he's going to be our savior??? Short memories guys. Short memories.

Sad thing is how predictable it all is.

Called it after the first game. Bidwell was an obvious candidate for the dull people to scapegoat and true to form they haven't wasted a second.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are swansea carrying a player on 16:09 - Sep 22 with 2697 viewsJFSwan

Wonder what wages Martin Olsson was on
Are swansea carrying a player on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 2689 viewsFlashberryjack

Are swansea carrying a player on 15:44 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Sad thing is how predictable it all is.

Called it after the first game. Bidwell was an obvious candidate for the dull people to scapegoat and true to form they haven't wasted a second.

You do realise that people have opinions, and they're not all dull because they differ from yours.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are swansea carrying a player on 16:45 - Sep 22 with 2575 viewsmonmouth

Are swansea carrying a player on 16:10 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

You do realise that people have opinions, and they're not all dull because they differ from yours.

No, but the people scapegoating our left back after four clean sheets and 17 points from 8 games are pretty dull.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are swansea carrying a player on 16:48 - Sep 22 with 2567 views1462jack

Thing is if all our players were 10/10 we would be fighting Man City and Liverpool for the title ?
Are swansea carrying a player on 16:58 - Sep 22 with 2541 viewsNeathJack

Bidwell had exactly the same passing stats as Grimes.
Are swansea carrying a player on 17:00 - Sep 22 with 2536 viewsDarran

We really should be much further up the table.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are swansea carrying a player on 17:01 - Sep 22 with 2533 viewsDr_Winston

Are swansea carrying a player on 16:10 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

When you can predict which player will be the scapegoat, and that player is indeed the scapegoat despite not even being our worst performing fullback then yeah, those opinions are dull.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are swansea carrying a player on 18:34 - Sep 22 with 2395 viewskarnataka

Are swansea carrying a player on 14:12 - Sep 22 by pencoedjack

I thought everyone played well yesterday, we were the better side.

Special mention for Naughton who I always slate thought he had a very good game yesterday
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 14:27]

Agree about Naughton yesterday and mentioned it in the matchday thread this morning. Only problem is I think Cooper wants someone at RB who can get up and down for 90 minutes the way scapegoat Bidwell does on the left. Having said that, Naughton passed the ball forwards far more than Connor has been doing recently and linked well with Andre.
Are swansea carrying a player on 21:37 - Sep 22 with 2218 viewsPentyrchJack

Bidwell has an accurate cross and I'd like to see him taking corners to free up Celina or Grimes to go into the box. After all Celina and Grimes are inconsistent with corners - often failing to get beyond the near post.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Are swansea carrying a player on 23:49 - Sep 22 with 2065 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Are swansea carrying a player on 21:37 - Sep 22 by PentyrchJack

Bidwell has an accurate cross and I'd like to see him taking corners to free up Celina or Grimes to go into the box. After all Celina and Grimes are inconsistent with corners - often failing to get beyond the near post.

Not forgetting George "can't get beyond the first defender" Byers

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are swansea carrying a player on 04:37 - Sep 23 with 1983 viewsCooperman

I think it was this OP that dissed Joe Rodon a few weeks back.

Quite clearly one of the new breed of fans picked up since 2011.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Are swansea carrying a player on 08:18 - Sep 23 with 1876 viewsjackrmee

Are swansea carrying a player on 15:10 - Sep 22 by Badlands

Bidwell is weak but he's English so, like Jonjo and Mawson will always have allowances made for him.
Good to see Naughton at right back yesterday - defensively he's always more solid than Roberts and while Connor seems to have anger management issues I expect to see him keep his place.
In terms of carrying players I don't see an alternative to Bidwell although as an attacking full back I'd prefer John but I think Grimes is way off the standard he achieved last season,

What’s being English got to do with it?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024