Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper tactically inept. 19:07 - Nov 23 with 4368 viewsCopaMundial

Taking Routs off at half time was the right thing to do, but bringing on a like for like replacement was naive and ineffective, he should have brought on Borja or Surridge with Ayew moving out wide, as I said , tactically inept.
Cooper tactically inept. on 19:17 - Nov 23 with 3649 viewsFireboy2

Should have brought dyer who lived upto his name, at least routledge was trying things even though they werent coming off.

Our home form shows that cooper is naive and still learning, his plan A works away from home but after losing half our home games you would think he might tinker a bit with the formation, imo baston and peterson should be used at home more.
Cooper tactically inept. on 19:27 - Nov 23 with 3600 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:17 - Nov 23 by Fireboy2

Should have brought dyer who lived upto his name, at least routledge was trying things even though they werent coming off.

Our home form shows that cooper is naive and still learning, his plan A works away from home but after losing half our home games you would think he might tinker a bit with the formation, imo baston and peterson should be used at home more.

We need to see a lot more of Peterson.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:30 - Nov 23 with 3581 viewslonglostjack

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:27 - Nov 23 by Dr_Winston

Yes. Got a bit of bite in him.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:34 - Nov 23 with 3553 views34dfgdf54

Especially at home.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Kalulu back sharpish as we have zero pace to worry teams.
Cooper tactically inept. on 19:53 - Nov 23 with 3493 viewsLuther27

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:17 - Nov 23 by Fireboy2

I'd go with that, but I'd also like to see more movement from our front players...more diagonal runs to give the midfield something to aim at. Today not for the first time our front line was that...a static line across the pitch.
Cooper tactically inept. on 20:07 - Nov 23 with 3453 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:34 - Nov 23 by 34dfgdf54

Especially at home.

Will not see him soon, if he plays a set amount if games, we are obliged to sign him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cooper tactically inept. on 20:12 - Nov 23 with 3435 viewsjack247

Cooper himself isn’t the problem, though he’s a lot more tactically rigid than Potter. He’s just working with an unbalanced squad.

Very few teams in the Championship can boast a player like Ayew, but at the same time, very few don’t have a ball winning central midfielder in their squad. We’ve got a surplus of wingers, none of whom score often enough, two fit senior central defenders and too many ball playing midfielders who don’t get stuck in.

You’d think that given we didn’t have to sell after James went (according to Birch) and we then sold McBurnie as the offer was too good to turn down, a central midfielder who does the dirty work and would allow Grimes and Byers to do the pretty stuff, wouldn’t be too much to ask for. We all know the drill though.
Cooper tactically inept. on 20:23 - Nov 23 with 3400 viewsphact0rri

We need some mettle in midfield. I mean we can track it forward from the back. but its like oneway traffic off the ball. And I think a lot of joy people get especially at home when were trying to press high to excite the liberty is that we can't expect our backs to be constantly chasing opponent's forwards through half the pitch and not be tired at 60 minutes

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper tactically inept. on 20:30 - Nov 23 with 3371 viewsBadlands

Cooper tactically inept. on 20:12 - Nov 23 by jack247

Cooper himself isn’t the problem, though he’s a lot more tactically rigid than Potter. He’s just working with an unbalanced squad.

Very few teams in the Championship can boast a player like Ayew, but at the same time, very few don’t have a ball winning central midfielder in their squad. We’ve got a surplus of wingers, none of whom score often enough, two fit senior central defenders and too many ball playing midfielders who don’t get stuck in.

You’d think that given we didn’t have to sell after James went (according to Birch) and we then sold McBurnie as the offer was too good to turn down, a central midfielder who does the dirty work and would allow Grimes and Byers to do the pretty stuff, wouldn’t be too much to ask for. We all know the drill though.

Totally disagree with your opening statement.
Cooper prepares the team, prepares the tactics and picks the team.
If he problem was the squad we wouldn't have have had he early success or the performance that took off against Cardiff.
He picks a centre forward but no wings
then he picks wigs with no centre forward
today he picked wings who rarely got the ball
then replaced a wing a wing and everything wen central.

He keeps picking Grimes and Byers.

When we go a goal down there patterns of play remain the same.
I couldn't warm to Cooper when he arrives and still can't.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper tactically inept. on 20:42 - Nov 23 with 3320 viewsjack247

Cooper tactically inept. on 20:30 - Nov 23 by Badlands

Totally disagree with your opening statement.
Cooper prepares the team, prepares the tactics and picks the team.
If he problem was the squad we wouldn't have have had he early success or the performance that took off against Cardiff.
He picks a centre forward but no wings
then he picks wigs with no centre forward
today he picked wings who rarely got the ball
then replaced a wing a wing and everything wen central.

He keeps picking Grimes and Byers.

When we go a goal down there patterns of play remain the same.
I couldn't warm to Cooper when he arrives and still can't.

Yeah I expected you to.

If the problem was the manager we wouldn’t have had the early success or the performance that took off against Cardiff.

How many teams play with two wingers and a centre forward? Our midfield gets overrun enough as it is, due to him having the choice of Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Carroll and Dhanda. Four creative players who can’t tackle and Fulton who can, but doesn’t offer a lot in possession. Obviously haven’t seen a lot of Kalulu yet.

He’s tried to overcompensate for this by playing Ayew in positions he can drop into midfield, initially as a narrow right winger and more recently as a false 9. If we had a leader in central midfield, Grimes wouldn’t be a problem as he’d be freed up to play his natural game. We’d get more out of Celina and Ayew too.

You never know, they may surprise us in January....
Cooper tactically inept. on 20:50 - Nov 23 with 3287 viewsbuilthjack

Teams sussed us early on in the season. Press us and we are fcked.cooper has now had months to alter it, but hasn't.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cooper tactically inept. on 21:13 - Nov 23 with 3226 viewsHighjack

Our wingers are being told to stay narrow, which gives us no space.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cooper tactically inept. on 22:12 - Nov 23 with 3111 viewsThrasher6

I'd just like to see some leadership...somebody willing to ball people out on the pitch....inspire the team to get their arse in gear...and work....for a shift that is...lets face it...90 fecking minutes in a week.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cooper tactically inept. on 22:20 - Nov 23 with 3088 viewsYossarian

Cooper tactically inept. on 21:13 - Nov 23 by Highjack

Spot on. With such a limited, one-footed left back, and Routledge nowhere to be seen to play the straight ball up the line, he was forced to play sideways infield or backwards. It was so, so, so predictable.
However, our midfield are so limited and ponderous, it’s like watching a bunch of 70 year olds playing walking football. They are absolutely killing us.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Cooper tactically inept. on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 3044 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And /or a fit and firing Kalulu

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper tactically inept. on 04:03 - Nov 24 with 2866 viewsKilkennyjack

Cooper tactically inept. on 21:13 - Nov 23 by Highjack

Boots on the touchline please wingers.

Beware of the Risen People

Cooper tactically inept. on 05:55 - Nov 24 with 2811 viewsTimTtam

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:34 - Nov 23 by 34dfgdf54

Especially at home.

Unfortunately Cooper said he's playing 45 mins of u23s this week and is a few weeks away from making the matchday squad.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper tactically inept. on 07:51 - Nov 24 with 2758 viewspatchboy

he should have brought fulton on to replace grimes who is not captain material for me . van der horn should be captain.
Cooper tactically inept. on 07:57 - Nov 24 with 2750 views34dfgdf54

It does feel like Monk’s first full season to me if I’m being honest.

I worry for us going into next season, playing the same way, without an £18m man playing up top, with another £15m man coming off the bench. We are toothless even with them.

It’s a strange situation to be in as we are sixth, and I never expected that at the start, but at the same time the league is so poor it’s scary.
Cooper tactically inept. on 10:18 - Nov 24 with 2590 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper tactically inept. on 07:57 - Nov 24 by 34dfgdf54

It does feel like Monk’s first full season to me if I’m being honest.

I worry for us going into next season, playing the same way, without an £18m man playing up top, with another £15m man coming off the bench. We are toothless even with them.

It’s a strange situation to be in as we are sixth, and I never expected that at the start, but at the same time the league is so poor it’s scary.

One good CDM and all is rosy again. We've got f*ck all hope of that happening though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper tactically inept. on 10:23 - Nov 24 with 2577 viewsploppy

I don't see that Cooper deserves much of the blame here. On paper, the team he put out was good enough to beat Millwall any day of the week. He can't legislate for players not being able to pass the ball to each other. He could have taken any number of players off at half time - Byers, Grimes, Celina, Routledge? Routledge, unfortunately, has slipped back into his old ways where nothing sticks, and the others just couldn't pass. I wouldn't say Peterson is like-for-like Routledge either. I guess Cooper wanted to make a change at half-time but didn't want to disrupt the whole of the midfield - maybe he thought they couldn't play as badly again in the second half. Byers though was absolutely woeful throughout, with Grimes not far behind.
Cooper tactically inept. on 11:14 - Nov 24 with 2526 viewskrunchykarrot

Cooper tactically inept. on 19:53 - Nov 23 by Luther27

I'd go with that, but I'd also like to see more movement from our front players...more diagonal runs to give the midfield something to aim at. Today not for the first time our front line was that...a static line across the pitch.

Correct, Ayew is a luxury who is tactically inept playing him as a CF at home with 2 wingers is ridiculous.
Cooper tactically inept. on 13:47 - Nov 24 with 2439 viewsBadlands

Cooper tactically inept. on 10:23 - Nov 24 by ploppy

I don't see that Cooper deserves much of the blame here. On paper, the team he put out was good enough to beat Millwall any day of the week. He can't legislate for players not being able to pass the ball to each other. He could have taken any number of players off at half time - Byers, Grimes, Celina, Routledge? Routledge, unfortunately, has slipped back into his old ways where nothing sticks, and the others just couldn't pass. I wouldn't say Peterson is like-for-like Routledge either. I guess Cooper wanted to make a change at half-time but didn't want to disrupt the whole of the midfield - maybe he thought they couldn't play as badly again in the second half. Byers though was absolutely woeful throughout, with Grimes not far behind.

'He can't legislate for players not being able to pass the ball to each other.'
Doesn't Cooper take training and decide on tactics?
THE problems are midfield - most notably Grimes and Byers and Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper tactically inept. on 14:48 - Nov 24 with 2385 viewsploppy

Cooper tactically inept. on 13:47 - Nov 24 by Badlands

Passing the ball to each other should be a basic requirement of a professional footballer. It's got nothing to do with tactics. Whichever tactics you use, you'd need to pass the ball - unless you're just hoofing it, of course. And yes, I know as well as you do, the problems are midfield. Grimes is too one-footed and his passing is too predictable. Byers has a tendency to hide and doesn't take responsibility when he has the ball - he takes the easy option (backwards) too often, and he's awful without the ball. Fulton has a bit if dog in him (one of only a few) but is limited in possession and hides. Celina, for all his talent, frustrates the hell out of me - and he's awful without the ball.
Cooper tactically inept. on 17:35 - Nov 24 with 2296 viewsjack247

Cooper tactically inept. on 13:47 - Nov 24 by Badlands

That’s exactly the point. Grimes and Byers would both look great alongside a decent defensive midfielder. They aren’t suited to playing together, but what choice does Cooper have? Fulton, Dhanda or Carroll?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024