Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. 17:21 - Jan 28 with 14115 viewsswanskid95

According to a major French news outlet, that’s low, even for Cardiff.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:23 - Jan 31 with 1504 viewssP7qupUf

See on the BBC football page that Cardiff City are setting up an Emilio Sala Memorial Fund. Not their player? Might name a stand after him too.
Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:31 - Jan 31 with 1492 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:23 - Jan 31 by sP7qupUf

See on the BBC football page that Cardiff City are setting up an Emilio Sala Memorial Fund. Not their player? Might name a stand after him too.

No, it's all changed. They've realised they will lose the arbitration case so now he was their player again. Then the plan is to sue someone - anyone - to try and get some - any - of the money back. Should be kicked out of the league for their scummy opportunistic actions.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:32 - Jan 31 with 1481 viewsNortbankboy

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:31 - Jan 31 by monmouth

No, it's all changed. They've realised they will lose the arbitration case so now he was their player again. Then the plan is to sue someone - anyone - to try and get some - any - of the money back. Should be kicked out of the league for their scummy opportunistic actions.

Starvin gets!
Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:46 - Jan 31 with 1462 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 17:15 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

Is it you that knows their stuff on this?

Rise of the empires Ottoman by CountyJim 28 Jan 2020 9:44
Well worth a watch on Netflix like a history documentary

I’ll reply later Neathie, I know a little bit of the history regarding the Turkish invasion of Anatolia and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire/Caliphate. Some of my forbears fought the Turks in WW1

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 23:30 - Jan 31 with 1413 viewsDJack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:46 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

I’ll reply later Neathie, I know a little bit of the history regarding the Turkish invasion of Anatolia and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire/Caliphate. Some of my forbears fought the Turks in WW1

...we fought Llanelli in WW1!!!!!!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 05:59 - Feb 1 with 1393 viewsTimTtam

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 13:24 - Jan 31 by dobjack2

I believe that the purpose of the game is not to be the one losing out on the transfer money.

If Cardiff have to pay the full amount they then have to consider taking a private individual or individuals to court to recoup their loss. However in reality all it will probably achieve is bankrupting people not getting their money back.

Much better not to pay the transfer fee and leave Nantes with the problem.

Not sure if you saw my post before that one, but essentially I agree with you. What I'm saying here is that it would be easier for CCFC to argue in court that McKay & others are responsible. However you're right, in that CCFC want the largest sum of money possible, so they are going down the longer, harder route to try and get Nantes to give a larger sum than what McKay can.

I think they've realised they will lose the case that's been sent to CAS, so they've changed their angle to say that yes Sala was their player, thus they can prosecute on the grounds that they bought their player but didn't receive him. And at the same time they can play the sympathy card with the public - thus the Sala fund being set up.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 6:01]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 07:28 - Feb 1 with 1369 viewsHighjack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 05:59 - Feb 1 by TimTtam

Not sure if you saw my post before that one, but essentially I agree with you. What I'm saying here is that it would be easier for CCFC to argue in court that McKay & others are responsible. However you're right, in that CCFC want the largest sum of money possible, so they are going down the longer, harder route to try and get Nantes to give a larger sum than what McKay can.

I think they've realised they will lose the case that's been sent to CAS, so they've changed their angle to say that yes Sala was their player, thus they can prosecute on the grounds that they bought their player but didn't receive him. And at the same time they can play the sympathy card with the public - thus the Sala fund being set up.

“thus they can prosecute on the grounds that they bought their player but didn't receive him.”

They’ve got no chance though. It’s illegal to trade and own human beings. The contract was for his registration to the club and the premier league. That contract presumably still exists even though the poor lad is dead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 08:17 - Feb 1 with 1352 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 13:52 - Jan 31 by bennytheblue

Nicely bitterly put....Dublin is shite btw

If there’s any hint of bitterness from me it’s only regarding the obscene amount of money spent on the pigs ear of a town Cardiff to try to make it into a sows purse. More shops aren’t everything, natural beauty is something money can’t ever buy.

I only have to walk 5 minutes from my front door and I can be sat on the beach looking at one of the most lovely bays in the country. Ok it isn’t Caswell or Langland but it’s still mighty impressive.

How’s your sand pit in the docks these days anyways Benny? Do they leave it out in the winter??

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 09:38 - Feb 1 with 1326 viewsdobjack2

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 05:59 - Feb 1 by TimTtam

Yup - seems extremely cynical and I hope that the wider world sees it for what it appears to be.

It’s all about the money.
Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:03 - Feb 1 with 1250 viewsTimTtam

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 07:28 - Feb 1 by Highjack

“thus they can prosecute on the grounds that they bought their player but didn't receive him.”

They’ve got no chance though. It’s illegal to trade and own human beings. The contract was for his registration to the club and the premier league. That contract presumably still exists even though the poor lad is dead.

Hopefully you're right. But the longer CCFC delay and use stalling tactics, the more I'm getting a bad feeling that they won't be required to pay up. And even if they eventually have to, there's a chance the decision will be delayed for 4-5 years if a criminal investigation is ongoing (and surprise surprise, CCFC want French authorities to investigate Nantes for manslaughter).

My name is Matt

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 1235 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:03 - Feb 1 by TimTtam

Hopefully you're right. But the longer CCFC delay and use stalling tactics, the more I'm getting a bad feeling that they won't be required to pay up. And even if they eventually have to, there's a chance the decision will be delayed for 4-5 years if a criminal investigation is ongoing (and surprise surprise, CCFC want French authorities to investigate Nantes for manslaughter).

Whoa...why would that have any impact on paying the transfer fee? It simply wouldn’t

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:21 - Feb 1 with 1230 viewsTimTtam

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:14 - Feb 1 by monmouth

Whoa...why would that have any impact on paying the transfer fee? It simply wouldn’t

Not the most reliable source, but WoL mentioned that a possible outcome was that the decision whether Cardiff are liable to pay the transfer fee may be delayed for 4-5 years if a criminal investigation is ongoing.

My name is Matt

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:27 - Feb 1 with 1228 viewsDewi1jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:42 - Jan 29 by bennytheblue

Nothing like Rome Lisa.

No Lisa.
Listen to Benny
Cardiff is more like Barcelona.

Same culture
Same Las Ramblas type area
Beautiful, always full holding nearly 100,000 people
Same style of football.

Only thing similar to Barcelona our Eastern cousins have is fantasists like Bennythediv living there

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 1210 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 15:21 - Feb 1 by TimTtam

Not the most reliable source, but WoL mentioned that a possible outcome was that the decision whether Cardiff are liable to pay the transfer fee may be delayed for 4-5 years if a criminal investigation is ongoing.

That has to be bollocks. If he’s their player and they can sue, they owe the fee.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 16:07 - Feb 1 with 1204 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:31 - Jan 31 by monmouth

So bitter
Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 16:09 - Feb 1 with 1204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 16:07 - Feb 1 by bennytheblue

So bitter

Just wait, you will be.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 16:14 - Feb 1 with 1188 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 08:17 - Feb 1 by Brynmill_Jack

If there’s any hint of bitterness from me it’s only regarding the obscene amount of money spent on the pigs ear of a town Cardiff to try to make it into a sows purse. More shops aren’t everything, natural beauty is something money can’t ever buy.

I only have to walk 5 minutes from my front door and I can be sat on the beach looking at one of the most lovely bays in the country. Ok it isn’t Caswell or Langland but it’s still mighty impressive.

How’s your sand pit in the docks these days anyways Benny? Do they leave it out in the winter??

Beaches are boring after 5 minutes. I know, I’ve been to way more than you @nd own a house in wales overlooking a fine one. Cardiff has many historical buildings, streets, arcades, castles and parks. They are actually looking better as time goes on, it costs nothing. Sure they are doing up the bay but also leaving many historical buildings and mixing it with new like the armadillo. Even th3 new development in the old brains brewery site is keeping a few if the classic buildings within.What has Swansea got? 1950’s sh***hole. The streets have no charm or character at all. You can have your beaches.....zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzz
Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 19:22 - Feb 1 with 1139 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 16:14 - Feb 1 by bennytheblue

Beaches are boring after 5 minutes. I know, I’ve been to way more than you @nd own a house in wales overlooking a fine one. Cardiff has many historical buildings, streets, arcades, castles and parks. They are actually looking better as time goes on, it costs nothing. Sure they are doing up the bay but also leaving many historical buildings and mixing it with new like the armadillo. Even th3 new development in the old brains brewery site is keeping a few if the classic buildings within.What has Swansea got? 1950’s sh***hole. The streets have no charm or character at all. You can have your beaches.....zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, f*ck off and bore Bristol City’s messageboard.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 20:26 - Feb 1 with 1121 viewslonglostjack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 16:14 - Feb 1 by bennytheblue

God you’re thick.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 22:01 - Feb 1 with 1085 viewsTNT

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 08:17 - Feb 1 by Brynmill_Jack

We could have a bucket collection for them Bryn, and fill them with sand.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 00:37 - Feb 2 with 1055 viewsDewi1jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 22:01 - Feb 1 by TNT

Or we could do Cardiff a favour.
Take Benny down their "bay?" and cover him with about 20 tonnes of sand

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 1008 viewsGowerjack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 07:01 - Jan 29 by bennytheblue

I take the opposite view. If it weren't for the City taking this course of action, then those individuals whether agents or representatives of Nantes FC who contributed to this tragedy would go unchallenged. No-one else seems bothered to uncover the facts. Strange that?

Crap.

You bought something and haven't paid for it.

It's as simple as that.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 09:45 - Feb 2 with 992 viewsDewi1jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 09:26 - Feb 2 by Gowerjack

Crap.

You bought something and haven't paid for it.

It's as simple as that.

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 09:51 - Feb 2 with 982 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 22:01 - Feb 1 by TNT

Granny’s custard - that’s all they’re worth mate

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 09:52 - Feb 2 with 976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff to file lawsuit against Nantes on manslaughter charges. on 00:37 - Feb 2 by Dewi1jack

Or we could do Cardiff a favour.
Take Benny down their "bay?" and cover him with about 20 tonnes of sand

No sand there , just swamp clay. Would do fine for Benny though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024