Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 17:51 - Dec 12 with 2503 viewstrefelinjack

I dont usually comment, but i honestly dont understand the criticism this guy gets. The way he keeps the ball, always looks to receive a pass, reminds me of the way Leon Britton used to play, yet he is often on the end of negative posts. For me, he is the first name on the team sheet every week!
Grimes on 18:21 - Dec 12 with 2066 viewsherbie

I don' think he is back to his best yet, but he and his fellow central midfielders were outstanding today. Take a bow all 3.
Grimes on 18:31 - Dec 12 with 2047 viewsAndyCole

You should post more often, he and Ayew are our talismen, heartbeat and at the core of how we set out to play. A credit to the swansea way and badge.

btw - lovely looking pitch at trefelin nowadays, can we play there ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes on 19:13 - Dec 12 with 2003 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

He set high standards for himself with the season under potter.
Agree or not, many supporters believed he was playing well below those standards.

Only since he’s been dropped has he now started upping the tempo and playing forward with more purpose

Hopefully back to his best which means first name on team sheet every week

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Grimes on 19:16 - Dec 12 with 1996 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He played well today but he’s far from ever being considered equal to Leon

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Grimes on 19:31 - Dec 12 with 1962 viewsAndyCole

Grimes on 19:16 - Dec 12 by Brynmill_Jack

He played well today but he’s far from ever being considered equal to Leon

As has been discussed before, Leon at his prime is legendary and almost unrivalled, so to be comparing Grimes to our legend at this young age whilst bearing the burden of captaincy is a massive testament to how far Grimes has come.

Leon wasn’t this good at 25, in such a pivotal position. Grimes oozes unflappable class.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes on 19:35 - Dec 12 with 1957 viewsjasper_T

Because he gets himself on the ball so much he stands out when he or the team has a bad day. Others can hide from the ball and most fans will just forget they're playing rather than sticking a boot in.
Grimes on 19:38 - Dec 12 with 1953 viewsTim_Harry

Grimes on 19:31 - Dec 12 by AndyCole

As has been discussed before, Leon at his prime is legendary and almost unrivalled, so to be comparing Grimes to our legend at this young age whilst bearing the burden of captaincy is a massive testament to how far Grimes has come.

Leon wasn’t this good at 25, in such a pivotal position. Grimes oozes unflappable class.

I like Grimes. I think he's very good for us and has the potential to be a quality player.

But I would never compare him to Leon in any way. It's just not a worthy conversation.
Grimes on 22:06 - Dec 12 with 1819 viewsDr_Parnassus

He was a leader today. Calming influence but then the ability to add pace into the game by driving forward, he controlled much of the tempo. Good performance.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes on 22:16 - Dec 12 with 1810 viewsJack_Meoff

My only criticism of Grimes is that his facial hair makes him look like he should be wearing a top hat, John Motson style overcoat along with fingerless gloves, and sending young urchins out to do some crafty pickpocketing 1830’s style.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Grimes on 22:17 - Dec 12 with 1810 viewsjack_lord

Leon should have played for England.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Grimes on 23:58 - Dec 12 with 1755 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 22:17 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

Leon should have played for England.

This is what Grimes is always compared to, not Leon as he actually was.
Grimes on 00:03 - Dec 13 with 1740 views9MilesHigh

Grimes on 19:13 - Dec 12 by PatchesOHoulihan

He set high standards for himself with the season under potter.
Agree or not, many supporters believed he was playing well below those standards.

Only since he’s been dropped has he now started upping the tempo and playing forward with more purpose

Hopefully back to his best which means first name on team sheet every week

Absolute boll0cks

Either you're on a wind up or haven't got a clue.

Matty's performances haven't deviated hardly ever. It's just the bunk court of sh!t public opinion that keeps hanging him out to dry.

Wise up
Grimes on 00:04 - Dec 13 with 1742 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes on 22:16 - Dec 12 by Jack_Meoff

My only criticism of Grimes is that his facial hair makes him look like he should be wearing a top hat, John Motson style overcoat along with fingerless gloves, and sending young urchins out to do some crafty pickpocketing 1830’s style.

Easy lol

Grimes on 00:06 - Dec 13 with 1735 views9MilesHigh

Grimes on 19:35 - Dec 12 by jasper_T

Because he gets himself on the ball so much he stands out when he or the team has a bad day. Others can hide from the ball and most fans will just forget they're playing rather than sticking a boot in.

Jasper is one of the best posters i've ever come across on any site or platform
Grimes on 00:12 - Dec 13 with 1728 views9MilesHigh

Grimes on 19:38 - Dec 12 by Tim_Harry

I like Grimes. I think he's very good for us and has the potential to be a quality player.

But I would never compare him to Leon in any way. It's just not a worthy conversation.

Thats because you're showing grave signs of not understanding this wonderful game

* Not Leon

* The closest thing we've had since
Grimes on 00:15 - Dec 13 with 1721 views9MilesHigh

Grimes on 22:06 - Dec 12 by Dr_Parnassus

He was a leader today. Calming influence but then the ability to add pace into the game by driving forward, he controlled much of the tempo. Good performance.

We need to speak, grow some balls and get in touch - whatsapp. I have something to say
Grimes on 07:04 - Dec 13 with 1636 viewsangryjack

Always said he was quality
Grimes on 10:16 - Dec 13 with 1568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes on 19:38 - Dec 12 by Tim_Harry

A mention for Fulton, who has never let us down in fairness and had a cracking game but also Korey Smith too. I’m a big fan of his and he has added a lot to the squad. Magnificent yesterday just like his 2 midfield counterparts. As a unit one of the best in the league on today’s showing.

It showed how easy the game was when we didn’t need to bring Kasey Palmer on.

Grimes on 11:15 - Dec 13 with 1524 viewsswancity

Grimes is an unsung hero and a big part of our success

Always showing, constantly probing and looking to get involved with an intelligent football brain he’s also got a superb range of passing ability. Always gets involved defensively too either by making tackles, interceptions and with excellent spacial awareness.

Admired and respected by his opponents too. And his managers. He’s a diamond. And a good leader of our lads.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Grimes on 11:56 - Dec 13 with 1497 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Grimes on 11:15 - Dec 13 by swancity

Grimes is an unsung hero and a big part of our success

Always showing, constantly probing and looking to get involved with an intelligent football brain he’s also got a superb range of passing ability. Always gets involved defensively too either by making tackles, interceptions and with excellent spacial awareness.

Admired and respected by his opponents too. And his managers. He’s a diamond. And a good leader of our lads.

He is not quite vocal enough as captain, but he has a great range of abilities, but even when he played for England youth he was a bit variable from game to game.
Hopefully as he has matured he is becoming more consistent.
Grimes on 13:13 - Dec 13 with 1447 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Grimes on 00:03 - Dec 13 by 9MilesHigh

Absolute boll0cks

Either you're on a wind up or haven't got a clue.

Matty's performances haven't deviated hardly ever. It's just the bunk court of sh!t public opinion that keeps hanging him out to dry.

Wise up

In my opinion it’s you talking absolute b0llocks so please politely f**k off with your wise up comment

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Grimes on 13:27 - Dec 13 with 1438 viewsjack_lord

Grimes on 23:58 - Dec 12 by jasper_T

This is what Grimes is always compared to, not Leon as he actually was.

One of the things that bites me is that Leon would find sensible intelligent spaces for the triangles. I see Grimes doing it when it seems football suicide. I am more impressed with his tempo recently. which is excellent for our game as I often think he slows the game down when it is the last thing we need.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Grimes on 13:42 - Dec 13 with 1431 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Grimes on 13:27 - Dec 13 by jack_lord

One of the things that bites me is that Leon would find sensible intelligent spaces for the triangles. I see Grimes doing it when it seems football suicide. I am more impressed with his tempo recently. which is excellent for our game as I often think he slows the game down when it is the last thing we need.

He is a very good player who appears to have another level when he plays at a higher tempo and looks forward more.

The competition in the squad is bringing the best out of him imo as he understands he is no longer undroppable
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 13:57]

Grimes on 13:51 - Dec 13 with 1425 viewsKeithHaynes

OP should post more often too, valid thread for sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Grimes on 14:00 - Dec 13 with 1411 viewsHighjack

The only criticism I have of Grimes is he definitely should be scoring more.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024