Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH. 10:46 - Feb 13 with 17650 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Wednesday February 17th 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 7pm

Match Officials
GEOFF ELTRINGHAM
Richard Wild and Mark Pottage
Fourth Official : Kevin Johnson

Geoff Eltringham pleading for leniency with an imaginary referee

Geoff Eltringham last officiated a swans game on Saturday September 26th 2020 when Wycombe hosted the game.The swans won 2-0. He booked two Wycombe players.

History
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest
Games won: 25
Games drawn: 16
Games lost: 26

On the 16th May 2011 the swans beat Forest in the championship play off semi finals at the Liberty 3-1.

Stephen Dobbie celebrates his goal against Forest

The last meeting in the FA Cup saw the swans win 5-1 a few weeks ago at the Liberty.

Updated League Table

Swans man to watch

Andre Ayew

Andre is back in the goals

Andre Ayew on Forest
“The next game will be a hard one,” said the 31-year-old. “We know there's 19 games left and so many points. “It's a marathon and we need to keep going to the end. The team who is going to be strong mentally and physically will be able to do something great. “But with so many games to play, I think it’s important that we only look at the next game. And we will do that for the rest of the season. “We are doing good but we won’t get carried away. We must keep working and work harder because we've got 19 games left and there are a lot of points to play for and get before we can think about anything.”

Forest man to watch

Joe Worrall

Defender Worrall is catching the eye of numerous premier league sides including gravelly voiced Burnley. He has only enjoyed being one of the first on the team sheet last and this season. Before that he was on loan at Glasgow Rangers and Dagenham & Redbridge where he scored his last competitive goal. Worrall is from a place called Hucknall.

Joe Worrall, from Mick Hucknall

More to follow including -

General observations on the purchase of minty chocolates in Nottingham

A bloke called Dave dancing

Furry wappers on ice

Squirting.

Stay tuned. This will follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 12:05 - Feb 13 with 5140 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol City will have a big say in if we are still 3rd when this game kicks off.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 12:26 - Feb 13 with 5119 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 12:05 - Feb 13 by Whiterockin

Bristol City will have a big say in if we are still 3rd when this game kicks off.

Put man city behind us and move on.
Come on my lovely boys
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Feb 13 with 5082 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 12:26 - Feb 13 by Nortbankboy

Come on my lovely boys

Yes,I too remember that chap with the squeaky voice saying that at top volume. Takes me back a good 50 years possibly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:57 - Feb 13 with 5069 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 12:26 - Feb 13 by Nortbankboy

Come on my lovely boys

Can you remember the bugler on the North bank?
Who used to play fall in?

Many yrs ago
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 10:10]
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 5051 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:57 - Feb 13 by Nortbankboy

Can you remember the bugler on the North bank?
Who used to play fall in?

Many yrs ago
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 10:10]

Not right now but I remember that screech.Cumon....my lovely boys.

Happy days so thanks for that

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 13 with 5030 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:59 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Not right now but I remember that screech.Cumon....my lovely boys.

Happy days so thanks for that

There must have been a few of us shouting that then.
Although I will agree to not being the first to shout it, it’s been a thing since around 1980.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 13 with 5003 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

There must have been a few of us shouting that then.
Although I will agree to not being the first to shout it, it’s been a thing since around 1980.

Not the way this fella did.He did it then there was mas applause

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Feb 13 with 4884 viewsAndyCole

Forest will be smarting after the recent drubbing, so will come straight out of the blocks.

They'll be looking to physically dominate and bully with their preferred 4231 formation (like Norwich but without a Cantwell). We can easily outmatch them with formation, and with the right team selection.

Which is why having Bennett back for Cabango is vital, as is omitting the hapless Dhanda.

2-1.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Feb 14 with 4701 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Feb 13 by AndyCole

Forest will be smarting after the recent drubbing, so will come straight out of the blocks.

They'll be looking to physically dominate and bully with their preferred 4231 formation (like Norwich but without a Cantwell). We can easily outmatch them with formation, and with the right team selection.

Which is why having Bennett back for Cabango is vital, as is omitting the hapless Dhanda.

2-1.

This will be no easy match on Weds, take out the FA Cup result and Forest are on a good run - they've only lost 1 of their last 12 games, with 6 wins and 7 clean sheets.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 16:12 - Feb 14 with 4665 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Feb 13 by AndyCole

2-1.

I wonder if Korey Smith is fit yet?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Feb 14 with 4520 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 16:12 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder if Korey Smith is fit yet?

Had he and Bennett played against the Bees it would have been a very different contest.

Our defence would have been so much higher, Grimes wouldn't have been on his own against a marauding midfield, our WBs would have been on the front foot - totally negating their ploy.

A doubly whammy where our expected source of strength became our Achilles heel with Cabango floundering badly, clearly targeted by their astute manager. Hence our backline and midfield so deep and on the back foot.

As Clive Woodward so famously says, 'it's all in the selection' (when Fitness, Set-ups, non-negotiables are primed). Selection of starters and selection of sparse finishers (only if needed, to drive home Plan A, there is no Plan B).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Feb 14 with 4521 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Feb 14 by AndyCole

Had he and Bennett played against the Bees it would have been a very different contest.

Our defence would have been so much higher, Grimes wouldn't have been on his own against a marauding midfield, our WBs would have been on the front foot - totally negating their ploy.

A doubly whammy where our expected source of strength became our Achilles heel with Cabango floundering badly, clearly targeted by their astute manager. Hence our backline and midfield so deep and on the back foot.

As Clive Woodward so famously says, 'it's all in the selection' (when Fitness, Set-ups, non-negotiables are primed). Selection of starters and selection of sparse finishers (only if needed, to drive home Plan A, there is no Plan B).

Couldn’t agree more. And they still couldn’t beat us!

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Feb 14 with 4503 viewsraynor94

Let's put them to the sword, and send out a massive statement of intent.

We are going up, We are going up!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 05:46 - Feb 15 with 4383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Feb 14 by raynor94

Over the last few weeks (since our last defeat) you could sense a hardening of mentality- I think the squad not only doesn’t countenance defeat but as Hourihane said won’t even countenance conceding any goals! A great sign.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 06:23 - Feb 15 with 4376 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Feb 14 by raynor94

Plus - an early goal for us and I’d fancy us in any game. Forces the opposition to come on to us then we hit them on the break

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 08:17 - Feb 15 with 4343 viewsSwans9

Let's keep unbeaten run in the league going. I would take a scrappy 1 0.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 15 with 4285 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Likewise 🤪

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:59 - Feb 15 with 4262 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Likewise 🤪

I meant mass applause Guv not "more" .

It's my keyboard with a smashed up s

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:18 - Feb 15 with 4197 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

I rememeber that, I can picture the fella who shouted it but can't rememeber his name. I'm useless with names.

And there was a fella who used to shout "Roger" at Freestone too, I knew him but again, can't remember his name.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 4195 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:18 - Feb 15 by Catullus

I rememeber that, I can picture the fella who shouted it but can't rememeber his name. I'm useless with names.

And there was a fella who used to shout "Roger" at Freestone too, I knew him but again, can't remember his name.

The guys name is Gwyn

I hpe he is ok sat a couple of rows behind me at the Liberty was there up until we were "locked out"

NOw has lots around him calling it out too

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:29 - Feb 15 with 4179 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Feb 14 by AndyCole

Is that the game we had a CB sent off and not replaced before they scored?
The one when Cabango was given a higher rating than everyone except Grimes and Woodman.
And the Cabango that Whoscored season rating is rating is higher than any of the 7 back line defenders on the field that day? And the player who is only bettered among the Swansea ranks by Ayew (7.21) and Hourihane (7.74)?

Cabango eh!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Feb 15 with 4158 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:29 - Feb 15 by Badlands

Is that the game we had a CB sent off and not replaced before they scored?
The one when Cabango was given a higher rating than everyone except Grimes and Woodman.
And the Cabango that Whoscored season rating is rating is higher than any of the 7 back line defenders on the field that day? And the player who is only bettered among the Swansea ranks by Ayew (7.21) and Hourihane (7.74)?

Cabango eh!

I don't go on these WhoScored ratings if I'm being honest but I'm unsure why Cabango is getting grief by certain people on here though. Each to their own I suppose.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:09 - Feb 15 with 4145 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

I don't go on these WhoScored ratings if I'm being honest but I'm unsure why Cabango is getting grief by certain people on here though. Each to their own I suppose.

One of the better central halves in the league, top ten for me.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:11 - Feb 15 with 4137 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

Beats me too.
All our back 3 are marvels who have given Woody an easy ride and gained him legend status-one he does not deserve.
Cabango is a terrific lad and going to be very big in the Wales game

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:54 - Feb 15 with 4122 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:09 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

One of the better central halves in the league, top ten for me.

In possession I think he struggles a bit personally, but all in all a very good centre half at this level. Still not even 21 yet either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024