Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 14:46 - Jul 24 with 10631 viewsKeithHaynes

Game will be LIVE ON SWANS TV

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 05:45 - Jul 29 with 1023 viewsThornburyswan

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 20:48 - Jul 28 by jasper_T

Latibeaudiere not covering himself in glory this preseason.

Dan Williams did well in midfield. Ben Lloyd very impressive, some nice passes and scrapped a bit as well.

Yeh Lati looks exposed in a 4, might be an age/experience thing but unless we are going to go back to 3 CBs then it needs to be Cabango & Bennett although not sure if Cooper could step up but isn’t get much of a chance so far in pre-season.
Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 10:04 - Jul 29 with 773 viewsjasper_T

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 05:45 - Jul 29 by Thornburyswan

Yeh Lati looks exposed in a 4, might be an age/experience thing but unless we are going to go back to 3 CBs then it needs to be Cabango & Bennett although not sure if Cooper could step up but isn’t get much of a chance so far in pre-season.

Brandon's still recovering from his ankle injury afaik.
Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 11:21 - Jul 29 with 702 viewscymrojack

Were Marsh, Margetson (Martyn), Viney and Rands at the game last night ?

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 12:41 - Jul 29 with 621 viewsBadlands

Still a lot of rust showing and I fear for the result on Saturday.
A few positives though -
1) a couple of passing sequences I've not seen from us before, notably fast straight up and down incisive passes between forwards and midfield that led to space for a decisive pass.
2) Ben Lloyd's goal
3) Youngsters comfortable at that level - a step up from academy standards.
Worrying - defence. Latibeaudiere is a big risk, Cabango who has yet to get up to speed was the stand out defender with Bennett often looking lost. Again Bidwell was somewhere between wing back and full back.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 12:50 - Jul 29 with 608 viewsKeithHaynes

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 11:21 - Jul 29 by cymrojack

Were Marsh, Margetson (Martyn), Viney and Rands at the game last night ?

Marsh def not, I’m certain the rest were.

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 13:06 - Jul 29 with 589 viewscymrojack

Thanks for the reply Keith.

Being higher in the pecking order than Tate, I would have imagined that Marsh would have been the one to take temporary charge of the club once Cooper had left.

I guess the position with the coaching staff is somewhat complicating matters with a new manager tto, as many would prefer/demand that they bring in a team of trusted assistants.

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 13:14 - Jul 29 with 577 viewsKeithHaynes

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 13:06 - Jul 29 by cymrojack

Thanks for the reply Keith.

Being higher in the pecking order than Tate, I would have imagined that Marsh would have been the one to take temporary charge of the club once Cooper had left.

I guess the position with the coaching staff is somewhat complicating matters with a new manager tto, as many would prefer/demand that they bring in a team of trusted assistants.

Marsh is a complicated person by all accounts, where he is and why he needs this amount of time off is only fuelling speculation. Another job Winter needs to get a grip with.

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 13:40 - Jul 29 with 556 viewsvetchonian

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 12:41 - Jul 29 by Badlands

A few positives though -
1) a couple of passing sequences I've not seen from us before, notably fast straight up and down incisive passes between forwards and midfield that led to space for a decisive pass.
2) Ben Lloyd's goal
Worrying - defence. Latibeaudiere is a big risk, Cabango who has yet to get up to speed was the stand out defender with Bennett often looking lost. Again Bidwell was somewhere between wing back and full back.

passes like those in the highlights below from last season you mean

Quite a few exapmles of fast up down passes leading to some chances except we couldnt finish

There are lots more where they came from .Yes Cooper is gone but the myths created about his football are crazy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 13:41 - Jul 29 with 552 viewsjasper_T

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 12:41 - Jul 29 by Badlands

A few positives though -
2) Ben Lloyd's goal

Thought Piroe looked useful dropping in and linking things, less effective up against defenders or trying to run in behind. But that's where Lowe and whoever plays down the right can do more damage I suppose. Relationships need time to build, a lot of frustration shown by players in the first half when passes went the wrong way.

Joseph doesn't look any better than our own academy players so far but early days. He missed a lot of time this year with injury.
Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 14:05 - Jul 29 with 514 viewsBadlands

Forest Green Rovers v Swansea City : 28th July 2021 on 13:40 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

passes like those in the highlights below from last season you mean

Quite a few exapmles of fast up down passes leading to some chances except we couldnt finish

There are lots more where they came from .Yes Cooper is gone but the myths created about his football are crazy

No, nothing like those examples which examples of quick passing but not what I was describing.
And there is no myth making. The passing movement I was on about was nothing to do with picking out Cooper it was about many managers.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024