Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest 17:07 - Jul 29 with 8201 viewsNotLoyal

Friendly Matchday Thread.
Saturday 31st July
Kick off 3pm

After demolishing Cardiff in the week Southampton are going to march in to the Liberty and do the same to the swans, or so they would have you believe. After all that marching the saints will be very tired and hungry, probably quite thirsty too. And of course they always ‘Go marching in’ So Alan Tate’s pre match plan is to march them ‘out’ instead, that will genuinely confuse them. Just you see. Predictions for this one are a 7-0 Swansea win or maybe not.

Supporters info
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/important-information-supporters-ahead-southamp

Matchday News
Southampton have turned down 26 million pound offer for James Ward-Prowse. A bit cheeky really trying to buy two players by Villa in one go. Matt Grimes should reappear today, not that he has disappeared, it’s just that he can’t agree terms with Fulham. This will annoy Swansea as they could do with a few quid. Obviously he will play as the saints when they do go marching in might fancy a post match bid.

Matchday Programme
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-21-22-southampton-programme-v01/2

The game is LIVE on SwansTV 👍

TEAMS

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett (captain), Ben Cabango, Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Liam Walsh, Yan Dhanda; Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Joel Piroe, Kyle Joseph, Ollie Cooper, Scott Butler, Lincoln McFayden, Ben Lloyd, Dan Williams.

Southampton: Alex McCarthy; Kyle Walker-Peters, Oriol Romeu (captain), Shane Long, Che Adams, Nathan Redmond, Stuart Armstrong, Moussa Djenepo, Mohamed Salisu, Nathan Tella. Jan Bednarek.

Substitutes: Jack Stephens, Danny Ings, Michael Obafemi, Romain Perraud, Yan Valery, Mohamed Elyounoussi, Ibrahima Diallo, Theo Walcott, Harry Lewis, Oludare Olufunwa, Fraser Forster, Ryan Finnigan.

Here is a picture of a bald man

Here is a picture of a Nathan

More later.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:56 - Jul 31 with 2283 viewsBadlands

We're starting to look a bit like Sousa's situation … plenty of attackers but not one capable of making an impact. Was there an attempt on goal from any of them in the first half? (My connenction has been a bit dodgy and i missed the first few minutes.)
These friendlies have highlighted how poor Lowe and Cullen are at bringing the ball under control and barely noticed Whitaker.
we’re missing Fulton and Bidwell still doesn’t seem to know if he’s full back or wing back.
Although Soton are quality Benda has been beaten too easily

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:57 - Jul 31 with 2283 viewsPBJ

Benda and Bennet needs to talk

Always go with the Facts.

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:57 - Jul 31 with 2272 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:44 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

Director not too keen on showing the game. Frequently showing close ups of managers and replays while the ball is in play.

Who can blame them. It’s not very good to be honest.

Not sure what we are playing at the back. Full backs are pushing on as though wingbacks leaving acres of space behind them. And Bennett in particular is so slow it’s unbelievable so can’t cover.

Hope Benda improves from this as well. Had high hopes of him from everything I’d heard but his positioning so far has been hugely suspect.

The problem is that two weeks now of this manager saga has rather hidden the fact that we haven’t signed anyone and we are woefully short all over the pitch. Comes to something when the biggest cheer has been for Korey Smith’s Messi like turn just outside our box to get away.
Cullen doesn’t seem to have the strength to play in that role either. Can’t hold the ball up for any length of time.
Don’t understand our bench btw - where are players like Fulton?
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:00 - Jul 31 with 2241 viewsAlgorfajack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 15:57 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Who can blame them. It’s not very good to be honest.

Not sure what we are playing at the back. Full backs are pushing on as though wingbacks leaving acres of space behind them. And Bennett in particular is so slow it’s unbelievable so can’t cover.

Hope Benda improves from this as well. Had high hopes of him from everything I’d heard but his positioning so far has been hugely suspect.

The problem is that two weeks now of this manager saga has rather hidden the fact that we haven’t signed anyone and we are woefully short all over the pitch. Comes to something when the biggest cheer has been for Korey Smith’s Messi like turn just outside our box to get away.
Cullen doesn’t seem to have the strength to play in that role either. Can’t hold the ball up for any length of time.
Don’t understand our bench btw - where are players like Fulton?

Fulton is still isolating I think

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:03 - Jul 31 with 2207 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:00 - Jul 31 by Algorfajack

Fulton is still isolating I think

What, after more than a week?
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:04 - Jul 31 with 2190 viewsAlgorfajack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:03 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

What, after more than a week?

Yup, according to the official site team news. Him, Manning, Margetson & Webb still self isolating.

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:15 - Jul 31 with 2103 viewscymrojack

1-3

Whittaker OFF
Piroe ON
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 16:15]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:19 - Jul 31 with 2026 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:04 - Jul 31 by Algorfajack

Yup, according to the official site team news. Him, Manning, Margetson & Webb still self isolating.

Manning and Webb must be new ones.

Bennett for that third goal though,,, and Bidwell. And Smith.

Dear God.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:23 - Jul 31 with 1979 viewsAlgorfajack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:19 - Jul 31 by londonlisa2001

Manning and Webb must be new ones.

Bennett for that third goal though,,, and Bidwell. And Smith.

Dear God.

Not 100% Lisa but think they were the original 4 to isolate

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:26 - Jul 31 with 1937 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:23 - Jul 31 by Algorfajack

Not 100% Lisa but think they were the original 4 to isolate

Grimes, Fulton and Margetson I thought.

Who knows though.

I’m just trying go distract myself from this match to be honest.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:39 - Jul 31 with 1826 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:58 - Jul 31 by Witneyjack

Im pleased Dhanda is playing. He seems to be one of the few players we have who is always looking forward, to progress up the field. Although I am aware there are many who don't rate him.

He’s been awful second half. Given the ball away when we’re trying to build moves. Piroe looking very good though. Needs better service, he played Cullen out wide on the break but unfortunately gave a dreadful pass and the move broke down.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:44 - Jul 31 with 1772 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:39 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s been awful second half. Given the ball away when we’re trying to build moves. Piroe looking very good though. Needs better service, he played Cullen out wide on the break but unfortunately gave a dreadful pass and the move broke down.

We have not improved in one position, mid table will be a cracking season next year. Losing Ayew and Grimes and not replacing is horrendous for any team at this level. That’s not even taking into account the loanees.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 16:44]
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:48 - Jul 31 with 1734 viewscymrojack

FT 1-3

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 1685 viewsjasper_T

Only had the one idea how to play out against two strikers standing in front of our midfield - lump it into the channel.

But no shame in being beaten by them, they tear non-PL sides to shreds with pace throughout the team. Tiring days work.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 1683 viewspencoedjack

Dhanda is crap whoever is managing the team.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:54 - Jul 31 with 1652 viewsjasper_T

Dhanda summed up by Cabango's roll of the eyes and shake of the head after he dribbled back to our own corner faffing about.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:56 - Jul 31 with 1629 viewsGeoffThom

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:52 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

Dhanda is crap whoever is managing the team.

Yep seen enough of him now he's poor,we struggled down our left side and bidwell also is poor
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:58 - Jul 31 with 1608 viewsandypitt56

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 16:56 - Jul 31 by GeoffThom

Yep seen enough of him now he's poor,we struggled down our left side and bidwell also is poor

Piroe looks a touch above some of our players, his movement and lay offs. In the little bit he did I was impressed.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 17:06 - Jul 31 with 1559 viewslondonlisa2001

Struggling to see what we gained today.

We treated it more like a game that was a couple away from the last before season starts.

Multiple changes, no real shape.

If that’s our starting 11 it may be a long first few weeks until we settle down a bit and add some quality.

And it showed up our complete lack of squad depth.

Ah well. We’ve had poor pre seasons before and done well, and the opposite so can’t really tell.

We need a manager sharpish though. And some bodies.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:08 - Jul 31 with 1315 viewsnantywatcher

Left the match feeling quite positive and then get back to read the usual drivel on here - so depressing. The goalkeeper looks like a massive upgrade - quicker thinking, braver, happy with the ball at his feet. Dhanda and Whittaker have beefed up a bit. The atmosphere was great for the first hour. Not impressed by Walsh today and as for Bennet - the least said the better. I saw enough today to make me look forward to a fortnight's game. A decent manager could knock together a very decent team by the end of the year.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:09 - Jul 31 with 1306 viewsKeithHaynes

I think Tate learned a little bit today about his own short comings too.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:24 - Jul 31 with 1220 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:09 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

I think Tate learned a little bit today about his own short comings too.

Agreed. To be fair to him, he’s a pretty realistic bloke though I think.

He was spot on in his comments in the press afterwards.

I think he’d admit himself that he is not ready for this sort of challenge.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:24 - Jul 31 with 1223 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 14:58 - Jul 31 by Witneyjack

Im pleased Dhanda is playing. He seems to be one of the few players we have who is always looking forward, to progress up the field. Although I am aware there are many who don't rate him.

Always like him playing for us, as you said always trying to make things happen.
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:26 - Jul 31 with 1212 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:24 - Jul 31 by blaenaugwentjack

Always like him playing for us, as you said always trying to make things happen.

I thought he was poor today.

A few challenges where he was lazy and just pushed their player needlessly. Also turned back on a number of occasions when he was out wide right when there was space in front of him.

Isn’t he one with only a year in his contract? If so, unless he signs a new one I think he will go,
Swansea City v Southampton Matchday Latest on 18:49 - Jul 31 with 1165 viewsNotLoyal

All round that wasn't even a promising performance.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024