Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans player racially abused again on twitter 20:17 - Aug 25 with 4728 viewsKeithHaynes

After the plymouth game.
He hasn’t been named but I would say it’s obvious.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 20:41 - Aug 25 with 2436 viewsCatullus

I would too, a hat trick got him 'noticed'

At least the EFL AND Titter reacted quickly and it has been dealth with, removed. I hope the culprit is identified and banned from Home Park.

Racists, treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 21:09 - Aug 25 with 2398 viewsraynor94

Whilst BBC Wales reported it tonight, the pictures of the stadium, were before the repainting of the steel work.

They love to show us in a good light

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 22:46 - Aug 25 with 2277 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 21:09 - Aug 25 by raynor94

Whilst BBC Wales reported it tonight, the pictures of the stadium, were before the repainting of the steel work.

They love to show us in a good light

Are you suggesting the BBC photo editor especially requested a Swansea.com stadium shot with rusty steel work?

A mole Cardiff city fan on transfer from BBC Wales perhaps? You could be on to something. Keep up the good work. On the other hand it might just be using an archive photo.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 23:55 - Aug 25 with 2226 viewsmajorraglan

Following incidents such as this, I can see why players would still feel it’s necessary to take the knee to highlight the issue of racism in the game.
Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 00:00 - Aug 26 with 2215 viewsDJack

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 23:55 - Aug 25 by majorraglan

Following incidents such as this, I can see why players would still feel it’s necessary to take the knee to highlight the issue of racism in the game.

Something, something marxism. Something, something entitled millionaires.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 00:31 - Aug 26 with 2193 viewsReslovenSwan1

Apart from ritual abuse of Welsh football fans humoured by the dim locals there has been very few examples, or at least reported examples, of racist comments at he Swansea.com stadium over the last 10 years.

Swansea fans do not need to be sent a message by their own black players. On this matter at least their record is very impressive. The 'message ' is somewhat redundant. A bit like posting on here that you love your Mam.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 00:35 - Aug 26 with 2191 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 00:31 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Apart from ritual abuse of Welsh football fans humoured by the dim locals there has been very few examples, or at least reported examples, of racist comments at he Swansea.com stadium over the last 10 years.

Swansea fans do not need to be sent a message by their own black players. On this matter at least their record is very impressive. The 'message ' is somewhat redundant. A bit like posting on here that you love your Mam.

Some probably do though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 01:08 - Aug 26 with 2174 viewsTreforys_Jack

I take onboard what you're saying but players taking the knee is not going to eliminate the odd idiot making racist or abusive comments or posts. There have, and will always be idiots. They just need to be dealt with appropriately by the authorities quickly and ruthlessly.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 01:23 - Aug 26 with 2161 viewsItchySphincter

Apparently racism isn’t a problem, according to some.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 02:49 - Aug 26 with 2142 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t think anyone said racism isn’t a problem did they? That sounds like a fantasy quote which is becoming all too common on here these days.

What was said is that racism is not a part of daily life as the BLM movement suggests, it is not institutionalised and it is not widespread, it’s a small fringe opinion you would rarely come into contact with in real life.

When you dig into issues deemed as institutional racism, they rarely are (policing, football management etc) and there are usually obvious reasons outside “racism”. But it’s always the first port of call for the media and people alike in this day and age.

There are however, some idiots online (as shown here again) who like to use anything that’s the hot topic and will give them the biggest reaction/coverage for abuse. Currently that’s race. The knee is a big “don’t press this button” warning to someone, so someone will naturally always press it. However if you don’t have social media like me, then you would probably rarely if ever come across any form of racism.

I’m sure our hat trick hero is street wise enough to know online is not real life and take abuse after such an impactful game as a compliment and understand that online abuse is as meaningless as the person that typed it.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 8:39]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 02:56 - Aug 26 with 2139 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 01:08 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

I take onboard what you're saying but players taking the knee is not going to eliminate the odd idiot making racist or abusive comments or posts. There have, and will always be idiots. They just need to be dealt with appropriately by the authorities quickly and ruthlessly.

Spot on.

What is the point in highlighting something everyone is aware of? Plus making a few people annoyed due to its clear unsavoury political connotations along the way. There are always going to be idiots online, everyone knows this. They will be there for the rest of time until social media is no longer a part of people’s must haves.

If they wish to make an anti racism gesture with the goal of getting everyone on board with it then change to something not so obviously politically affiliated. They would get 99.99% support literally overnight.

Or we could actually stop empty posturing altogether that achieves absolutely nothing and actually address where the racism occurs and who is responsible, and take action.

Crazy idea isn’t it.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 06:39 - Aug 26 with 2090 viewsjack247

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 00:31 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

You routinely trivialise genuine racist abuse, like appears to have happened here, by equating it to ‘sheepshaggers’ chants from away fans. You don’t seem to have an issue with England’s full of sht’.

No reason why you should of course, it’s not offensive. The double standards is amusing though.
Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 07:35 - Aug 26 with 2052 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 01:08 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

Taking the knee probably does enrage the morons to do this kind of cowardly online abuse. They dress it up as being “anti communist “ or some other ridiculous self justification

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 07:41 - Aug 26 with 2041 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 07:35 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Taking the knee probably does enrage the morons to do this kind of cowardly online abuse. They dress it up as being “anti communist “ or some other ridiculous self justification

Why would it enrage anyone? That’s what I don’t understand. I highly doubt anyone that boos or is against it due to its political links is enraged by it, just showing that they disagree with the gesture itself.

As for actual racists (wherever they are) - If you are racist, your views aren’t going to be altered and it’s not going to make you angry by someone else NOT being one, or indeed showing that they aren’t one. Won’t make a blind bit of difference to them, hence the point that it does nothing.

All it does is put a big red button on the topic for any attention seekers and online abuse enthusiasts who fancy giving it a press (the Somalian account repeatedly sending messages to Sancho and Rashford pretending to be an England fan to give a recent example).

The fact online abuse has increased since the topic was put into the spotlight may suggest it is having the opposite effect as opposed to doing anything positive. It needs to be structured and focussed if they want to enact change, currently if you ask 100 different people what the gesture is for specifically, you would probably get 100 different answers.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 7:54]

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 08:16 - Aug 26 with 2010 viewsItchySphincter

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 02:49 - Aug 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t think anyone said racism isn’t a problem did they? That sounds like a fantasy quote which is becoming all too common on here these days.

What was said is that racism is not a part of daily life as the BLM movement suggests, it is not institutionalised and it is not widespread, it’s a small fringe opinion you would rarely come into contact with in real life.

When you dig into issues deemed as institutional racism, they rarely are (policing, football management etc) and there are usually obvious reasons outside “racism”. But it’s always the first port of call for the media and people alike in this day and age.

There are however, some idiots online (as shown here again) who like to use anything that’s the hot topic and will give them the biggest reaction/coverage for abuse. Currently that’s race. The knee is a big “don’t press this button” warning to someone, so someone will naturally always press it. However if you don’t have social media like me, then you would probably rarely if ever come across any form of racism.

I’m sure our hat trick hero is street wise enough to know online is not real life and take abuse after such an impactful game as a compliment and understand that online abuse is as meaningless as the person that typed it.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 8:39]

So to paraphrase, not really a problem then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 08:25 - Aug 26 with 2000 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 08:16 - Aug 26 by ItchySphincter

So to paraphrase, not really a problem then.

No need to paraphrase, I went into detail regarding the issue.

Online abuse will always be an issue when people can hide behind a screen and get attention from the topic that will get most eyes on their comments. But going down on a knee isn't going to solve that, they need to be lobbying the social media companies.

In every day life however, in the countries that seem to want to do these gestures the most, racism is rare and getting rarer. If people were honest with themselves, they probably wouldn't be able to name the last time they witnessed racism, in person, off the internet.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:27 - Aug 26 with 1872 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 06:39 - Aug 26 by jack247

You routinely trivialise genuine racist abuse, like appears to have happened here, by equating it to ‘sheepshaggers’ chants from away fans. You don’t seem to have an issue with England’s full of sht’.

No reason why you should of course, it’s not offensive. The double standards is amusing though.

I have been called a 'sheepshagger' four times in banter and in the spirit of education and development pointed out it is not funny and in my view discriminatory. I am like that. Twice it got a good response and twice it did not.

On numerous occasions i have been in close proximity to opposing fans, some vary shadey characters with pale skin cropped hairdos and neck tatts with an extremely aggressively delivery of sheep banter associated with menace and a threat of violence. On one occasion this has been with young family members. I was quite fearful. In this case I did not confront the person or seek to educate them for my own well being.

I do not trivialise anything. Accusing Welsh families of being deviant in an aggressive manner is not something that should be condoned or tolerated. Some people like me are proud to be Welsh.

Celts are a branch of white Indo European tribes. (a 'Race') All Welsh teams are treated like this not just Swansea. The hate is focused on 'the Welsh' and only the Welsh by the English far right and their sympathisers.

Saying England 'is full of shit' is on the other hand not racist. This should be obvious to you. You clearly do not understand what racism is. The fans of Brighton are targeted with homo phobic taunts. It is illegal.

If an English man calls you a 'sheepshagger' to your face you are not offended (assuming you are Welsh) . I am. Different strokes for different folks. Some Black people brush off Monkey taunts.

Getting hot under the collar on one racist insult in cyber space is fine but ignoring 1000 snarling Millwall fans making sheep noise and the Swansea team bus seems perfectly OK to some. Its downright wierd.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 11:28]

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:34 - Aug 26 with 1853 viewsReslovenSwan1

When is anyone dealt with 'quickly and ruthlessly'.? Get real. This is Plymouth in Devon not Kabul, Afghanistan. The person involved will just have to spend one Saturday on an educational course. If he or she is young and foolish it might do the trick associated with parental advice.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:41 - Aug 26 with 1851 viewsjack247

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:27 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I have been called a 'sheepshagger' four times in banter and in the spirit of education and development pointed out it is not funny and in my view discriminatory. I am like that. Twice it got a good response and twice it did not.

On numerous occasions i have been in close proximity to opposing fans, some vary shadey characters with pale skin cropped hairdos and neck tatts with an extremely aggressively delivery of sheep banter associated with menace and a threat of violence. On one occasion this has been with young family members. I was quite fearful. In this case I did not confront the person or seek to educate them for my own well being.

I do not trivialise anything. Accusing Welsh families of being deviant in an aggressive manner is not something that should be condoned or tolerated. Some people like me are proud to be Welsh.

Celts are a branch of white Indo European tribes. (a 'Race') All Welsh teams are treated like this not just Swansea. The hate is focused on 'the Welsh' and only the Welsh by the English far right and their sympathisers.

Saying England 'is full of shit' is on the other hand not racist. This should be obvious to you. You clearly do not understand what racism is. The fans of Brighton are targeted with homo phobic taunts. It is illegal.

If an English man calls you a 'sheepshagger' to your face you are not offended (assuming you are Welsh) . I am. Different strokes for different folks. Some Black people brush off Monkey taunts.

Getting hot under the collar on one racist insult in cyber space is fine but ignoring 1000 snarling Millwall fans making sheep noise and the Swansea team bus seems perfectly OK to some. Its downright wierd.

You can bog yourself down in technicalities all you want. In reality, there is very little between ‘sheepshaggers’ and ‘England’s full of shit’ in terms of offensiveness.

I don’t think I’ve ever been called a sheepshagger to my face, excluding obvious banter with people I know. In a one on one situation with a stranger, depending on the tone and context, yes I may find it offensive.

At football, as part of a crowd, then of course. I don’t get upset by it because I’m not a massive princess.

It’s not you being offended by crowd chants I’ve got an issue with though, it’s you thinking it’s on the same scale as the abuse Dhanda, the English lads who missed penalties and presumably Whittaker got.
Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:28 - Aug 26 with 1821 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:34 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

When is anyone dealt with 'quickly and ruthlessly'.? Get real. This is Plymouth in Devon not Kabul, Afghanistan. The person involved will just have to spend one Saturday on an educational course. If he or she is young and foolish it might do the trick associated with parental advice.

I am getting real, I didnt say they were, said they should be.
Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:37 - Aug 26 with 1819 viewsCatullus

Ritual abuse? And you call others dim. It's usually a knne jerk reaction to our team being better, scoring a goal, making a dirty tackle but ritual? You're having a laugh, no wonder people get labelled snowflakes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:42 - Aug 26 with 1811 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:41 - Aug 26 by jack247

You can bog yourself down in technicalities all you want. In reality, there is very little between ‘sheepshaggers’ and ‘England’s full of shit’ in terms of offensiveness.

I don’t think I’ve ever been called a sheepshagger to my face, excluding obvious banter with people I know. In a one on one situation with a stranger, depending on the tone and context, yes I may find it offensive.

At football, as part of a crowd, then of course. I don’t get upset by it because I’m not a massive princess.

It’s not you being offended by crowd chants I’ve got an issue with though, it’s you thinking it’s on the same scale as the abuse Dhanda, the English lads who missed penalties and presumably Whittaker got.

Do not discuss racism if you do not 'technically' understand it.

Being terrified of an English far right fascist in person was frightening for me and my family (being Welsh). I object to being characterised as princess. It was in person close and personal with young family members. You like to go back to the crowd context to avoid the issue.

You have no sympathy for you brother Welshmen (in danger) but are concerned at on line abuse of Dhanda and Whittaker who were not. Perhaps you accept that Welsh people are 'fair game' due to our 500+ years association with our neighbours. Some black commentators play down monkey abuse and accept it as part of their fate.

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:50 - Aug 26 with 1798 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:42 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Being terrified of an English far right fascist in person was frightening for me and my family (being Welsh). I object to being characterised as princess. It was in person close and personal with young family members. You like to go back to the crowd context to avoid the issue.

You have no sympathy for you brother Welshmen (in danger) but are concerned at on line abuse of Dhanda and Whittaker who were not. Perhaps you accept that Welsh people are 'fair game' due to our 500+ years association with our neighbours. Some black commentators play down monkey abuse and accept it as part of their fate.

Out of curiosity, how did you gather this person was far right and even further than that, fascist? That must have been one hell of a political tirade

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:53 - Aug 26 with 1796 viewsGwyn737

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:42 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Once again, you’re talking about xenophobia, not racism.

Since we last discussed this I’ve (coincidentally) done some work on my family tree. I’ve gone back four generations and so far my lot are between Llanrhidian and Morriston, yet according to your definition I’m not of the Welsh ‘race’.

Maybe that’s why I’m not offended by sheep chants.
Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 12:56 - Aug 26 with 1791 viewsunion_jack

Swans player racially abused again on twitter on 11:27 - Aug 26 by ReslovenSwan1

That's an awful victim mentality you're harbouring.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024