Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with the day or disappointed overall 23:05 - Aug 31 with 3577 viewsWalterBoyd

How is everyone feeling ?

Sold on the cheap ? Yes

Got some great deals ? Not convinced.

Sold some first team regulars for a gamble ? Yes
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:10 - Aug 31 with 2596 viewsChief

Dunno yet

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:10 - Aug 31 with 2588 viewsFireboy2

Yes
No
No.
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:11 - Aug 31 with 2571 viewsraynor94

We won't know till the morning

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:11 - Aug 31 with 2562 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Massively disappointed.

It is now impossible to change the formation.
We don't have any wide options. To play with wingers would require all of our forwards on the pitch. This league is 2 games a week for long stretches.

We will have one way and one way only of playing and only 2 possible formations
3-5-2/3-6-1.

An injury crisis will relegate us for certain.
We have 22 senior pros if you don't count Tiv and the young goalkeeper.
22 senior players, one of them being Cullen.

The biggest problem was at Attacking Midfield. We now have Patterson and Dhanda.

Put your money on relegation, at least get some of your season ticket money back.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 2544 viewsGriffting

I’m pleased about the quality of the signings that came in as I think they all impact the first 11.

Still some glaring holes in the squad though, short on both wingbacks if Kyle and Ryan are to play centrally. And I think if we’re playing a couple of 10’s we’re short of quality in that area.
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 2544 viewsmagicdaps10

We needed another striker and a no 10.

Goals are going to be a big problem.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:13 - Aug 31 with 2537 viewsFireboy2

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:11 - Aug 31 by Ajack_Kerouac

Massively disappointed.

It is now impossible to change the formation.
We don't have any wide options. To play with wingers would require all of our forwards on the pitch. This league is 2 games a week for long stretches.

We will have one way and one way only of playing and only 2 possible formations
3-5-2/3-6-1.

An injury crisis will relegate us for certain.
We have 22 senior pros if you don't count Tiv and the young goalkeeper.
22 senior players, one of them being Cullen.

The biggest problem was at Attacking Midfield. We now have Patterson and Dhanda.

Put your money on relegation, at least get some of your season ticket money back.

Are you sure it isn't you smoking the spliffs 🤔
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:15 - Aug 31 with 2515 viewsCatullus

I'm very much in the 'it is what it is' camp although I don't think we sold on the cheap. The market for our divison is very dpressed. The Premier clubs know clubs below that division are struggling for money so not offering more than a few quid, clubs in our division don't want to sell to rivals as they cannot afford to strengthen.

I could easily be very wrong but I think our financial position is much better than many other clubs in this division. It just remains to be seen if the players who come in can do better than those who have left, if the manager can get a tune out of them all, the new and the old.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 2489 viewsGeoffThom

Injury and suspension and were in the shit
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:21 - Aug 31 with 2448 viewsWalterBoyd

"The biggest problem was at Attacking Midfield. We now have Patterson and Dhanda"

OH NO, I had forgotten all about Dhanda.

The country is short of delivery drivers, surely not too late for a career change.

Apologies to any Dhanda relatives reading the site, but someone had to tell him. He is not a natural footballer ( at this level , possibly any level).
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:21 - Aug 31 with 2446 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:13 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

Are you sure it isn't you smoking the spliffs 🤔

We've replaced Lowe for Obafemi.
That is like for like...except we knew Lowe could score at this level. We have no idea whether Obafemi is going to swim.

We've got rid of Connor on the cheap.
Meaning Latibeaudiere is going to share right wing-back with Laird...so we've got worse in that position.

We have no creativity in midfield. Our attacking midfield department has been weakened further (No Whittaker). We still have Dhanda. Patterson has looked shite.

We have no wingers .

Last year we had 2 strikers scoring goals (Ayew and Lowe)...we are hoping that Piroe and Obafemi are going to replace those goals with nothing being done about our creativity in midfield.

This window is a disaster.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 23:23]

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:26 - Aug 31 with 2421 viewsReslovenSwan1

Assuming Obafemi is done Nticham is pending and Grimes is staying I am optimistic. In comes a star centre back, a physical midfielder of class alongside Grimes and a better all around footballer than the mercurial Lowe.

These are three square pegs along the spine of the team two with champion league experience. It is hoped there i some money to keep Grimes at Swansea. He was not even certain to play for Fulham another championship team.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 2395 viewsWalterBoyd

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:11 - Aug 31 by raynor94

We won't know till the morning

I'll ask you again tomorrow
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:29 - Aug 31 with 2390 viewslondonlisa2001

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:26 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Assuming Obafemi is done Nticham is pending and Grimes is staying I am optimistic. In comes a star centre back, a physical midfielder of class alongside Grimes and a better all around footballer than the mercurial Lowe.

These are three square pegs along the spine of the team two with champion league experience. It is hoped there i some money to keep Grimes at Swansea. He was not even certain to play for Fulham another championship team.

A week ago we needed 2 new players plus replace whoever went from the squad.

We haven’t even done the second bit.

No number 9. No creative midfielder. Few players left with us we didn’t want to keep.

Of course you’re optimistic.
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:32 - Aug 31 with 2371 viewsnyc_swans

could have been much worse, but also could have been better.

think a lot will depend on how Downes fits into this system and if Walsh can get healthy. pretty happy with Williams coming in. think some are underestimating him. he was starting games for Liverpool last year, which is pretty good even if they were in an injury crisis.

with that said, probably a weaker squad than what was available at Wembley. a lot will come down to the manager.
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:38 - Aug 31 with 2333 viewsbuilthjack

Absolute disaster.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 2305 viewsLittleEnglandJack

About what I expected. The players we lost I don't think are disastrous and the players we signed I don't think will be world-beaters. I don't think we're far off where we started the day, even if we had intended to end up in an improved position.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 23:57]
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 2299 viewsdobjack2

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:15 - Aug 31 by Catullus

I'm very much in the 'it is what it is' camp although I don't think we sold on the cheap. The market for our divison is very dpressed. The Premier clubs know clubs below that division are struggling for money so not offering more than a few quid, clubs in our division don't want to sell to rivals as they cannot afford to strengthen.

I could easily be very wrong but I think our financial position is much better than many other clubs in this division. It just remains to be seen if the players who come in can do better than those who have left, if the manager can get a tune out of them all, the new and the old.

The key thing is, as you say, can Martin get a tune out of what we have and will he get time to do it?

Still don’t think the centre backs are balanced but I believe Williams will add pace. No idea if Piroe and Obafemi will work as a partnership or which version of Ntcham will we get?

Taking all our signings into consideration it could be brilliant, it could be awful or somewhere in between. Time will tell.

There may be money in the pot to strengthen if we are pushing towards the play offs or flirting with relegation.
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 2250 viewsTenbySwan

I feel dissapointed and disheartened.

Good luck to CR but awful management by the club (again)
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:56 - Aug 31 with 2244 viewsguthrieintherain

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:45 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

The key thing is, as you say, can Martin get a tune out of what we have and will he get time to do it?

Still don’t think the centre backs are balanced but I believe Williams will add pace. No idea if Piroe and Obafemi will work as a partnership or which version of Ntcham will we get?

Taking all our signings into consideration it could be brilliant, it could be awful or somewhere in between. Time will tell.

There may be money in the pot to strengthen if we are pushing towards the play offs or flirting with relegation.

Martin said himself it will take a few windows to sort the squad out.

Not a great window but not a disaster either.

9 new players in plus a new manager and coaching team.

A season of consolidation on the cards.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 00:05 - Sep 1 with 2207 viewsAjack_Kerouac

SQUAD

Manager
Russell Martin

Goalkeeper
1) Steven Benda
18) Ben Hamer

Right-Back
27) Ethan Laird
22) Joel Latibeaudiere

Left-Back
24) Jake Bidwell
3) Ryan Manning

Centre-Back
5) Ben Cabango
2) Ryan Bennett
26) Kyle Naughton
16) Brandon Cooper
??) Rhys Williams

Defensive Midfield
4) Flynn Downes
6) Jay Fulton
7) Korey Smith

Centre Midfield
8) Matt Grimes
??) Olivier Ntcham
28) Liam Walsh

Attacking Midfield
12) Jamie Patterson
21) Yan Dhanda

Forwards
17) Joel Piroe
9) Michael Obafemi
11) Morgan Whittaker
20) Liam Cullen

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 00:45 - Sep 1 with 2144 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 00:05 - Sep 1 by Ajack_Kerouac

SQUAD

Manager
Russell Martin

Goalkeeper
1) Steven Benda
18) Ben Hamer

Right-Back
27) Ethan Laird
22) Joel Latibeaudiere

Left-Back
24) Jake Bidwell
3) Ryan Manning

Centre-Back
5) Ben Cabango
2) Ryan Bennett
26) Kyle Naughton
16) Brandon Cooper
??) Rhys Williams

Defensive Midfield
4) Flynn Downes
6) Jay Fulton
7) Korey Smith

Centre Midfield
8) Matt Grimes
??) Olivier Ntcham
28) Liam Walsh

Attacking Midfield
12) Jamie Patterson
21) Yan Dhanda

Forwards
17) Joel Piroe
9) Michael Obafemi
11) Morgan Whittaker
20) Liam Cullen

Hopefully the flamboyant Frenchman will confirm later .

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 00:50 - Sep 1 with 2122 viewsTreforys_Jack

Who knows, I was very happy with the last window and look how that turned out.
Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 00:58 - Sep 1 with 2113 viewsReslovenSwan1

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 23:29 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

A week ago we needed 2 new players plus replace whoever went from the squad.

We haven’t even done the second bit.

No number 9. No creative midfielder. Few players left with us we didn’t want to keep.

Of course you’re optimistic.

Obafemi is number 9. Short, strong and fast with good ball control. Last season Lowe came with 5 championship goals. This guy comes with 5 Premier league goals and only 21. Richarlison scored 7 PL goals last season. It is not easy. MO could make hay in the championship. Piroe another bought for pennies is already showing his worth.

Nticham is a number 8 or 10 on a free transfer. A bit laid back like Leroy Fer who was a monster in the championship when fit. Liam Walsh is also creative. Hopefully he can feature with is crisp short passing.

Whittaker was due to go on loan but scored a hat trick on his last outing. I guess we are stuck with him!. He has 5 goals in 18 appearances and starting to kick on. One in three or four is already decent.

Dhanda and Bidwell are also out of contract next summer. Bidwell is a good pro and will not let the club down. He will do his job. Swansea were unable to get a fee for him. Cullen will either kick on or fade away to the lower leagues. It is a big ask for a local lad to play up front and score regularly for Swansea.

Dhanda could still make the grade under Martin. Most likely Dan Williams will pass him by. Sink or swim. He may chose to leave in January. Either way it will not break the bank.

Garrick, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Evans and Joseph can develop their careers and return better more rounded players just like Grimes and Roberts did. The two loans are elite players and will show Swansea own what they need to aspire to. I have no doubt Cabango learned from Guehi and vice versa.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 01:07 - Sep 1 with 2087 viewsPBJ

Happy with the day or disappointed overall on 00:45 - Sep 1 by KeithHaynes

Hopefully the flamboyant Frenchman will confirm later .

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hopefully we get the french midfield done

It's a bit bittersweet though

We should have bought more strikers

Always go with the Facts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024