Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A&E 17:04 - Sep 12 with 4542 viewscontroversial_jack

There's a 10 to 12 hour wait in both Morriston and Neath Port Talbot A&E.Needless to say we didn't wait. Never know it to be this busy
A&E on 12:57 - Sep 17 with 434 viewsSPboy

A&E on 12:07 - Sep 16 by Catullus

Waiting times are because people are in with doctors and if they need to be moved through to a bed they hold up the queue because there aren't enough beds. They then take up the treatment cubicle area and so people out in the waiting room end up waiting....and waiting!

The stark truth is there aren't enough beds, A&E's are not big enough and there aren't enough staff.
The NHS isn't deliberately keeping staff levels low, that is down to government funding and poor senior management.

I would say it is more likely to be down to poor senior management, there are lots of managers in the NHS. You would think that with many wards closed, operations postponed etc, that doctors could be redeployed to support A&E.

In my experience A&E in the NHS has been a basket case & deteriorating for decades. There has to be some kind of strategy on decisions being taken to keep people waiting. In most other industries this problem would have been addressed to stay in business. However, whatever budgets are available senior management have decided not to address the A&E conundrum. This also applies to the ambulance service where year-on-year deterioration is regarded as normal ‘service’
A&E on 13:48 - Sep 17 with 399 viewscontroversial_jack

A&E on 12:57 - Sep 17 by SPboy

I would say it is more likely to be down to poor senior management, there are lots of managers in the NHS. You would think that with many wards closed, operations postponed etc, that doctors could be redeployed to support A&E.

In my experience A&E in the NHS has been a basket case & deteriorating for decades. There has to be some kind of strategy on decisions being taken to keep people waiting. In most other industries this problem would have been addressed to stay in business. However, whatever budgets are available senior management have decided not to address the A&E conundrum. This also applies to the ambulance service where year-on-year deterioration is regarded as normal ‘service’

The £350 million per week saved from leaving the EU will sort this out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024