Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans 18:47 - Jan 10 with 1141 viewsguthrieintherain

Seeing as it looks like we getting a new keeper.
What is the best performance you have seen from a Swans or opposing keeper.

For me

Against us Andrew Thomas for Bristol Rovers FA Cup 79 i think.
For Lee Bracey against Liverpool FA Cup again.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 19:30 - Jan 10 with 1111 viewsdobjack2

I think you mean Martin Thomas of Bristol Rovers - unbelievable that day.
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 1098 viewsguthrieintherain

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 19:30 - Jan 10 by dobjack2

Yes that's him sorry my bad.

The other one that springs to mind is a Hull keeper FA Cup again I think we were in the 4th division then though.

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 1058 viewsKilkennyjack

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 19:30 - Jan 10 by dobjack2

Thats the guy.

I was there. A fantastic display.

Roger had a few for us. Brilliant our Rog.

Beware of the Risen People

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 20:49 - Jan 10 with 1054 viewsLucky_Jack

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 19:38 - Jan 10 by guthrieintherain

Yes that's him sorry my bad.

The other one that springs to mind is a Hull keeper FA Cup again I think we were in the 4th division then though.

Tony Norman
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 21:02 - Jan 10 with 1040 viewsBenJ94

Fabianski against Arsenal at the Emirates a few years back. They battered us all game, Fabs saved everything thrown at him, then we nicked it with a few minutes left, Gomes header which was given because of goal line technology.
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 1034 viewsangryjack

Martin Thomas I was thereafter night...league Cup I think wales under 21 saved everything
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 22:05 - Jan 10 with 993 viewsGruffStephens

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 21:02 - Jan 10 by BenJ94

Fabianski against Arsenal at the Emirates a few years back. They battered us all game, Fabs saved everything thrown at him, then we nicked it with a few minutes left, Gomes header which was given because of goal line technology.

Arsenal really didn’t like playing us in the Premier league at their place.
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 22:25 - Jan 10 with 967 viewsbuilthjack

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 22:05 - Jan 10 by GruffStephens

I have been to The Emirates 4 times. We have 3 wins and a draw. Not bad.
They do have the most comfortable seats though. Wide and padded.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 22:33 - Jan 10 with 958 viewsguthrieintherain

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 20:49 - Jan 10 by Lucky_Jack

Tony Norman

That's him a right blast from the past.

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 22:48 - Jan 10 with 946 viewsBillyChong

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 22:05 - Jan 10 by GruffStephens

I went twice, typically we lost both times. The first we lost due after Vorm assisted their goal, the second was under Bob Bradley.
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:06 - Jan 10 with 933 viewsGruffStephens

Lee Bracey against Liverpool at home in the FA cup 0-0
Don’t mention the replay although the best goal scored that night was from who ?
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:31 - Jan 10 with 925 viewstheloneranger

NOEL DWYER ...

FA Cup 6th Round February 1964.

Liverpool 1 v 2 Swansea Town

Outstanding!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:34 - Jan 10 with 922 viewsKilkennyjack

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:31 - Jan 10 by theloneranger

NOEL DWYER ...

Outstanding!!

A famous display, my dad was there - so thanks for posting it.

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:37 - Jan 10 with 919 viewsLohengrin

Reading away on New Year’s Day, 1992. They had Jim Leighton down on loan from Man Utd. He pulled off save after save in a match we dominated and still managed to lose.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:54 - Jan 10 with 908 viewsRobbie

Did we bring a a keeper the night before a crucial game and the guy had a stormer ?

Seem to remember he did not know any of the Swans players names or tactics , but I am struggling to remember a name or the occasion this happened it was the Vetch .

Not on one performance but overall I thought Dave Stewart was not given the credit he deserved , Tosh thought Dai Davies was the better option .
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 07:52 - Jan 11 with 826 viewsScotia

Alex McCarthy for Reading at the Lliberty in about the 12 - 13 season. I think it was his premier league debut too, completely kept them in the game.
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 07:59 - Jan 11 with 821 viewsangryjack

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:54 - Jan 10 by Robbie

Did we bring a a keeper the night before a crucial game and the guy had a stormer ?

Seem to remember he did not know any of the Swans players names or tactics , but I am struggling to remember a name or the occasion this happened it was the Vetch .

Not on one performance but overall I thought Dave Stewart was not given the credit he deserved , Tosh thought Dai Davies was the better option .

Peter guthrie
Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 08:54 - Jan 11 with 807 viewsraynor94

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 20:39 - Jan 10 by Kilkennyjack

Thats the guy.

I was there. A fantastic display.

Roger had a few for us. Brilliant our Rog.

You were there

Yes it was an unbelievable display from Thomas that night, we should have won it in a canter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 10:03 - Jan 11 with 792 viewsguthrieintherain

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 07:59 - Jan 11 by angryjack

Peter guthrie

Yes so good at Torquay he even got a username named after him

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 10:48 - Jan 11 with 770 viewsKilkennyjack

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:54 - Jan 10 by Robbie

The great Neil Cutler did similar … 👌

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 11:24 - Jan 11 with 758 viewstheloneranger

Roger Freestone also arrived late on a Friday night for his first loan spell from Chelsea in Sept 1989.

He kept a clean sheet on his debut the following day at the Vetch against Notts County in a 0-0 draw.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 12:55 - Jan 11 with 730 viewsonehunglow

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 23:31 - Jan 10 by theloneranger

NOEL DWYER ...

Outstanding!!

Indeed
Remarkable and he did well out of tips from the Kop

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 16:40 - Jan 11 with 680 viewsswan65split

Best goal keeping display for or against the Swans on 11:24 - Jan 11 by theloneranger

Roger Freestone also arrived late on a Friday night for his first loan spell from Chelsea in Sept 1989.

He kept a clean sheet on his debut the following day at the Vetch against Notts County in a 0-0 draw.

He was sitting opposite me on the train to Swansea that day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024