Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO 18:01 - Jan 26 with 39117 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:42 - Jan 26 with 1492 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:41 - Jan 26 by Chief

I'm sorry but an article on this website stated that Silverstein had secured funding this month.

So its got a very sound basis and nothing is mixed up from what I can see.

And the transfer window hasn’t finished.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:44 - Jan 26 with 1477 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:41 - Jan 26 by Chief

I'm sorry but an article on this website stated that Silverstein had secured funding this month.

So its got a very sound basis and nothing is mixed up from what I can see.

He has, and we will see the outcome, I’m out on this conversation until Tuesday morning.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:48 - Jan 26 with 1452 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:41 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

That references additional cash from Rodon.

As I said,again, O’Riley decided to go to Celtic for professional reasons after this report.
Would it be better we just said nothing ?

It’s a bit like people saying Wolf isn’t French, when the indication from us was he was in France, but people couldn’t see it. Picking away for lottery numbers next Saturday is pointless.

It also references 'investment' from our American owners secured this month by Silverstein.

No but you can't blame people for being inquisitive on what I feel are important points raised in the article.

Don't conflate me with whatever anyone is saying elsewhere, I haven't once stated anything you've said is false or incorrect. I'm just asking about this funding and would like more information in regards to its origins.

That's all.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:48 - Jan 26 with 1451 viewsraynor94

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:26 - Jan 26 by Chief

Oh I see.

Any news on the funds Silverstein secured that was going to be spent on O'Reilly?

Mr Pedantic alert!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:49 - Jan 26 with 1444 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:48 - Jan 26 by raynor94

Mr Pedantic alert!

Someone's got to be!

Can't all be ostriches see.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:50 - Jan 26 with 1437 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:48 - Jan 26 by Chief

It also references 'investment' from our American owners secured this month by Silverstein.

No but you can't blame people for being inquisitive on what I feel are important points raised in the article.

Don't conflate me with whatever anyone is saying elsewhere, I haven't once stated anything you've said is false or incorrect. I'm just asking about this funding and would like more information in regards to its origins.

That's all.

And I respect that as you know.,
The future is unwritten.

Other people’s prejudices are just that.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:51 - Jan 26 with 1431 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:42 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

And the transfer window hasn’t finished.

Right, so it's still available to Martin for signings then? Great.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:52 - Jan 26 with 1426 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:51 - Jan 26 by Chief

As you do, I hope so.
I will add as an edit, those funds whatever they are would already be in the mix for our two new signings coming in.
And they will happen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:54 - Jan 26 with 1406 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:52 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

As you do, I hope so.
I will add as an edit, those funds whatever they are would already be in the mix for our two new signings coming in.
And they will happen.

Hmm well I'd rather know more about the funding as I say.

There are potential scenarios whereby I'd rather it remain unspent.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:55 - Jan 26 with 1396 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:54 - Jan 26 by Chief

Hmm well I'd rather know more about the funding as I say.

There are potential scenarios whereby I'd rather it remain unspent.

I would say they are more than potential as of this evening.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:00 - Jan 26 with 1379 viewsmax936

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:27 - Jan 26 by Thornburyswan

& kept his head too which might have impressed RM enough for him to have a rethink, I’d be pleased if he stayed.

And me, he's always had something to offer, he suffers with the red mist now and again, but he can play.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:00 - Jan 26 with 1374 viewsThornburyswan

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:51 - Jan 26 by Chief

If it helps any Chief I’d read it as RM was very keen on O’Riley - probably made a big pitch to Silverstein when he was over & convinced him to push the boat out & was supported and I suspect the deal was close but when Celtic came in hard we lost him (hence RM being pissed a week or so ago in his presser) - unfortunately our financial position does not mean that those funds are sat in a jar at the Lib wholly at RM’s beck & call.

Clearly if the right player becomes available those funds - or at least some of them - may well be released but if not I can see a couple of loan deals happening as the clock ticks down to recognise our now thinning squad which could thin further if Pato & Dhanda exit.
TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:02 - Jan 26 with 1364 viewsraynor94

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:55 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Fair play Keith, I admire your patience

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:03 - Jan 26 with 1358 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:55 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

I can only deduce from that comment that the source of this funding is of concern then

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:06 - Jan 26 with 1339 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:00 - Jan 26 by Thornburyswan

If it helps any Chief I’d read it as RM was very keen on O’Riley - probably made a big pitch to Silverstein when he was over & convinced him to push the boat out & was supported and I suspect the deal was close but when Celtic came in hard we lost him (hence RM being pissed a week or so ago in his presser) - unfortunately our financial position does not mean that those funds are sat in a jar at the Lib wholly at RM’s beck & call.

Clearly if the right player becomes available those funds - or at least some of them - may well be released but if not I can see a couple of loan deals happening as the clock ticks down to recognise our now thinning squad which could thin further if Pato & Dhanda exit.

Ok diolch

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:07 - Jan 26 with 1337 viewsKeithHaynes

The problem we all have is we don’t know the actual specifics of the dialogue regardless of the funds. There needs to be a logical take on what is the players availability, costs to make anything happen, talks and salary, then the desire of the player to want to sign.

None of these these things we will ever know. I genuinely admire Chiefs inquisitive mind to try and evaluate that.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:15 - Jan 26 with 1305 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:07 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

The problem we all have is we don’t know the actual specifics of the dialogue regardless of the funds. There needs to be a logical take on what is the players availability, costs to make anything happen, talks and salary, then the desire of the player to want to sign.

None of these these things we will ever know. I genuinely admire Chiefs inquisitive mind to try and evaluate that.

Well I appreciate the honesty, but I think there must be more too this.

For the article to explicitly state "investment', that surely implies funding outside of the club's own bank account. The other explicit mention of something accruing interest I just don't know what to make of that. But it wasn't written for fun or out of nothing. There must be something substantive behind it.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:18 - Jan 26 with 1287 viewsChief

Yea that's possible, although to me that scenario leans to more the owners being reluctant to sanction buys using the club's own funds. Which doesn't tally with the article which referenced investment from our owners. Maybe I'm looking into it too much I don't know, but I am taking the words at face value.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:20 - Jan 26 with 1281 viewsguthrieintherain

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:03 - Jan 26 by Chief

I can only deduce from that comment that the source of this funding is of concern then

Why is it a source of concern.

The club runs a tight ship yes we have some debt but we also have some valuable assets.

Piroe,Downes to name but 2 both were bought for a very decent price.

Or are you worried that the trust have made a deal with Silverstein to scrap the legal proceedings.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:21 - Jan 26 with 1268 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:20 - Jan 26 by guthrieintherain

The club runs a tight ship yes we have some debt but we also have some valuable assets.

Or are you worried that the trust have made a deal with Silverstein to scrap the legal proceedings.

If that’s a fact, personally for me that’s far beyond the trusts comprehension.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:27 - Jan 26 with 1237 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:20 - Jan 26 by guthrieintherain

Because if the club has taken on more debt, that's not good in itself and we don't know under what terms it's been given to the club. I could accept taking a loan to keep the lights on& save jobs during covid but I'm not comfortable with it for buying players. Especially without knowing the terms.

Id have to know the terms of any deal to be worried about them. The trust state they aren't aware of any additional investment or loan into the club so this can't be the case anyway. But it is worrying that if there are loans/'investment' that other shareholders aren't being informed.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 1232 viewsguthrieintherain

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:21 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

No not saying it's a fact Keith was just reading between the lines.

Have seen it mentioned on Phils site that a couple on there think it's unlikely that the legal case will now go ahead.

Also the Trust has a new board changed in August.

Members have asked is the legal action still going ahead and the silence has been deafening.

There is an AGM meeting coming up though so may find out more then.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 1226 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:21 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

I believe Dave Dalton has stated today that the case is still proceeding. Although members are getting understandably skeptical.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 22:40]

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:37 - Jan 26 with 1206 viewsKeithHaynes

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:30 - Jan 26 by guthrieintherain

No not saying it's a fact Keith was just reading between the lines.

Have seen it mentioned on Phils site that a couple on there think it's unlikely that the legal case will now go ahead.

Also the Trust has a new board changed in August.

Members have asked is the legal action still going ahead and the silence has been deafening.

There is an AGM meeting coming up though so may find out more then.

Maybe that was Silverstein’s actual reason for his visit, and that’s where the funds come from 🤭

Chief, I’m joking 👍

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:38 - Jan 26 with 1200 viewsguthrieintherain

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:30 - Jan 26 by Chief

I believe Dave Dalton has stated today that the case is still proceeding. Although members are getting understandably skeptical.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 22:40]

Yet there are ex trust board members saying they would be very surprised if the legal action now goes ahead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024