Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crypto Crash ? 13:20 - May 10 with 3677 viewsKeithHaynes

Anyone suffering ?

This mind 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Crypto Crash ? on 13:45 - May 10 with 3215 viewsWingstandwood

Never has there been something involving monetary speculation where emotion becomes the the most vital and significant factor. A bit like 'tulip mania' where a bunch of tulips cost an astronautical price despite being ummmmm........Just tulips!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Share buying and trading small company shares on the FTSE SmallCap Index/AIM for example can produce mega returns with what is called a 'ten-bagger', that's if a company is spotted to have great business fundamentals and potential.

Crypto is based upon of what mood 'the crowd' is in! Warren Buffet and his number two detest Crypto saying it has no intrinsic value. But there again it can be great fun i.e. like putting a bet on that can run for as long as you want. A roller-coaster ride! And maybe long-term thinking "buy and hold" without leverage trading that Buffet recommends is the best strategy. The guy in the video did not buy and hold?
[Post edited 10 May 2022 15:18]

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 17:54 - May 10 with 3125 viewspikeypaul

Never buy anything like this that you are not prepared to hold for at least 10 years.

1500% up over 5 years

28% down YTD

Great fun if you like rollercoasters.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 17:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Crypto Crash ? on 18:10 - May 10 with 3112 viewsKeithHaynes

Crypto Crash ? on 17:54 - May 10 by pikeypaul

Never buy anything like this that you are not prepared to hold for at least 10 years.

1500% up over 5 years

28% down YTD

Great fun if you like rollercoasters.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 17:56]

I was lucky last year in February, I cashed in really well on bitcoin.
And glad I did.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Crypto Crash ? on 22:29 - May 10 with 3015 viewspikeypaul

I am not suggesting a profit should not be taken, but if you have enough faith long term in something to put you hard earned on be prepared to ride the waves.

Volatility is the brokers friend.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 22:31]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Crypto Crash ? on 09:28 - May 11 with 2951 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

Some absolute bargains out there at the moment. However I'd hang fire for now as I still think Bitcoin has a long way to drop - sub $10k imo.

Pick the right coins now and there's some life changing money to be made over the next 5-8yrs.
Crypto Crash ? on 15:28 - May 11 with 2896 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 22:29 - May 10 by pikeypaul

I am not suggesting a profit should not be taken, but if you have enough faith long term in something to put you hard earned on be prepared to ride the waves.

Volatility is the brokers friend.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 22:31]

I have not invested any money in crypto currency but signed up to eToro just to read the comments of Bitcoin investors in the midst of its first price crash.

It was gripping stuff watching the panic in real time from people desperate for mentorship, advice and direction for something that nobody can really predict. There are no experts because its not based on fundamentals like with stocks and shares. Some people had invested everything and many had leveraged it to the hilt.

The thing is if many had kept calm, bought and hold and just sat on their hands the price would have rebounded even higher making even more profits. But many sold way too early in panic mode.

Author and investing guru/expert Robbie Burns had the right observation i.e. do not get involved with stuff like that not unless you have the lack of emotion/psychological resilience akin to that of Vulcan Mr Spock.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 15:30]

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 09:37 - May 12 with 2801 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10808609/Ethereum-joins-crypto-plunge-S

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10807687/Whos-looking-Bit-gullible-writ

Pile in at the right time folks, it does rather look like a (stock market term) a 'tree shake' is going on here?

*Edit* It truly is melodrama in the world of Crypto so much so The Independent seems to have a live news feed in real time! https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/bitcoin-price-news-latest-ethereum-b2077253.h

Darn exciting to watch cos nobody can predict anything!

And? It's all about opinions even one of the worlds richest men worth $115 Billion has an opinion.

[Post edited 12 May 2022 10:04]

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 10:14 - Jun 14 with 2491 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/bitcoin-crash-crypto-news-binance-live-b21003

"Many major cryptocurrencies have fallen by up to a QUARTER OF THEIR VALUE over the past day"

The melodrama continues!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Crypto Crash ? on 14:37 - Jun 14 with 2398 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sold up in February, Russia was going to be the straw that broke the camel's back after Covid and and all the QE.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Crypto Crash ? on 14:44 - Jun 14 with 2388 viewsDr_Parnassus

Same, I sold the day before the invasion.

ETH, BC and my NFT stash. It’s looking like a good decision now after a moderate recovery stage earlier. I had extremely high hopes for some of my holdings so was a tough decision to let go, but with the state of the US economy and the uncertainty around the world the volatility was going to be ramped up 100 fold, mostly trending downwards.

I usually buy in the dip but feel it has some way to go before it bottoms out. Eventually I see the main crypto coins surging again as do think it could become a worldwide payment method once Governments learn how to regulate, benefit and profit from it.

ETH in my opinion has more growth potential than BC though.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Crypto Crash ? on 14:55 - Jun 14 with 2391 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 14:37 - Jun 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Sold up in February, Russia was going to be the straw that broke the camel's back after Covid and and all the QE.

Wise timing with that decision! Intriguing at what level this crash bottoms out and how low it can actually go???? It's a difficult market because unlike stocks there is no intrinsic value and fundamentals to gauge. No decades of past history to study from either.

Another thing to factor in is 'liquidity' i.e. if there are vastly more sellers than buyers
then it may be impossible to sell? A case of a locked in investment? A panic where 90% want to sell but only 10% prepared to buy?

I wish I had a crystal ball so that I could jump in at the right moment but the trouble is some think Bitcoin value could plummet to absolute rock bottom levels.

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 15:03 - Jun 14 with 2379 viewsDr_Winston

Not an expert by any stretch, but this is what it looks like to me.

In much the same way as any other currency, Bitcoin in and of itself is valueless. A £10 note is not worth £10. A bitcoin is not worth £20,000 or whatever they are now. What they represent is trust. The difference between the two is that Sterling is backed by a central government. You can be fairly sure that your £10 note is not going to lose value, at least not much.

As far as I can see Bitcoin isn't actually backed by anything at all. The only reason it has value is because people believe it does. If that belief goes away then it's worthless again. All digital currencies will have the same problem.

There's still a long way to fall. Especially in uncertain times.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Crypto Crash ? on 15:12 - Jun 14 with 2370 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 15:03 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

In much the same way as any other currency, Bitcoin in and of itself is valueless. A £10 note is not worth £10. A bitcoin is not worth £20,000 or whatever they are now. What they represent is trust. The difference between the two is that Sterling is backed by a central government. You can be fairly sure that your £10 note is not going to lose value, at least not much.

As far as I can see Bitcoin isn't actually backed by anything at all. The only reason it has value is because people believe it does. If that belief goes away then it's worthless again. All digital currencies will have the same problem.

I share your opinion! To me its very much like the tulip-mania craze. It's something where its value seems to be based entirely on psychology and emotion. That Luna Crypto currency went from £88:75 to a fraction close to zero. Crazy stuff!

https://www.coinbase.com/price/terra-luna

Crypto IMO should be something that nobody should plough their entire life savings into and something to have as a long term hold. The stress of a large investment could cause intolerable stress. Do not put in money that cannot be afforded to be lost!

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 20:21 - Jun 14 with 2273 viewslifelong

Blood bath on all the markets yesterday, slight recovery today but a very unstable situation. Lots a pension funds having a hammering.
My small holdings in a few cryptos are currently worth about 50p 😀
Crypto Crash ? on 09:26 - Jun 15 with 2193 viewsWhiterockin

Smacks of "The Emperor's New Clothes" for me. As long as people believe it will have value, when they stop.........
Crypto Crash ? on 10:58 - Jun 15 with 2157 viewsWingstandwood

Bitcoin the crash continues? Yesterday it was 18,415.62 today, at this current time of posting it is 16,642.51. It's price is dropping like a stone!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10918885/Bitcoin-crashes-Cryptocurrency

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCGBP/
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 11:00]

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 14:53 - Jun 18 with 2017 viewsWingstandwood

The crash continues! Currently down to 15644.66 !

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 21:50 - Jun 18 with 1950 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I invested a small amount as a gamble, alongside Cryptos there is s host of tech companies that have no intrinsic value that are tanking. We are heading back to investment in proper companies that actually produce something, have tangible assets and generate real income rather than speculation based on wishful thinking.

Crypto Crash ? on 21:56 - Jun 18 with 1941 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 21:50 - Jun 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

I invested a small amount as a gamble, alongside Cryptos there is s host of tech companies that have no intrinsic value that are tanking. We are heading back to investment in proper companies that actually produce something, have tangible assets and generate real income rather than speculation based on wishful thinking.

It's a great gamble that can go on for years unlike putting money on a horse that come and goes once the race is over.

Current price has dropped further currently at 14,402, dropping like a stone. The 'technical' gauge on this link puts Bitcoin in 'Strong sell' range. I'd happily jump in with a grand when that gauge hits 'strong buy'.

Surreal and staggering drop in value from a November 2021 high of 49,791.51. Crazy!
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 22:05]

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 22:19 - Jun 18 with 1901 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Crypto Crash ? on 21:56 - Jun 18 by Wingstandwood

It's a great gamble that can go on for years unlike putting money on a horse that come and goes once the race is over.

Current price has dropped further currently at 14,402, dropping like a stone. The 'technical' gauge on this link puts Bitcoin in 'Strong sell' range. I'd happily jump in with a grand when that gauge hits 'strong buy'.

Surreal and staggering drop in value from a November 2021 high of 49,791.51. Crazy!
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 22:05]

There's not much to change sentiment at present, I'd expect the bear market to continue for a while yet.

Crypto Crash ? on 22:44 - Jun 18 with 1893 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 22:19 - Jun 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

There's not much to change sentiment at present, I'd expect the bear market to continue for a while yet.

I agree....In trading the 'support level' price is very psychological, a set low benchmark where it generally bounces back and when everybody jumps in causing a price surge.

With Bitcoins short history I put the support level at approx. 2,500. But there again its not like a stock market share price. But if it went that low I would 100% definitely jump in and purchase. There again it could start to recover at a higher price?

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 15:17 - Jun 23 with 1700 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 14:44 - Jun 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Same, I sold the day before the invasion.

ETH, BC and my NFT stash. It’s looking like a good decision now after a moderate recovery stage earlier. I had extremely high hopes for some of my holdings so was a tough decision to let go, but with the state of the US economy and the uncertainty around the world the volatility was going to be ramped up 100 fold, mostly trending downwards.

I usually buy in the dip but feel it has some way to go before it bottoms out. Eventually I see the main crypto coins surging again as do think it could become a worldwide payment method once Governments learn how to regulate, benefit and profit from it.

ETH in my opinion has more growth potential than BC though.

Quote: "ETH in my opinion has more growth potential than BC though".

I am a complete novice on this but my head turned yesterday when I was told by someone that holds ETH himself that ETH has far greater viability for having genuine meaningful use/impact for businesses and an economy. And that potential for growth is yet to really hit the accelerator?????. If so? Most exciting crypto currency of the lot?

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 15:49 - Jun 23 with 1666 viewslifelong

Crypto Crash ? on 15:17 - Jun 23 by Wingstandwood

Quote: "ETH in my opinion has more growth potential than BC though".

I am a complete novice on this but my head turned yesterday when I was told by someone that holds ETH himself that ETH has far greater viability for having genuine meaningful use/impact for businesses and an economy. And that potential for growth is yet to really hit the accelerator?????. If so? Most exciting crypto currency of the lot?

I have held eth for 18 months, currently down 73%.
Crypto Crash ? on 15:56 - Jun 23 with 1664 viewsWingstandwood

Crypto Crash ? on 15:49 - Jun 23 by lifelong

I have held eth for 18 months, currently down 73%.

The price crash? That'll maybe give it greater growth potential when a bull market kicks in? Maybe its lower market cap compared to Bitcoin also? Sorry to use trader and stock market terms but maybe lesser 'overbought' than Bitcoin?

The guy I spoke to is doing a buy and hold also. He put in money that he could afford to lose.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 16:08]

Argus!

Crypto Crash ? on 07:00 - Jun 24 with 1602 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Crypto Crash ? on 15:56 - Jun 23 by Wingstandwood

The price crash? That'll maybe give it greater growth potential when a bull market kicks in? Maybe its lower market cap compared to Bitcoin also? Sorry to use trader and stock market terms but maybe lesser 'overbought' than Bitcoin?

The guy I spoke to is doing a buy and hold also. He put in money that he could afford to lose.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 16:08]

It is of course a giant Ponzi scheme . They have no intrinsic value or assets behind them. They are worth what people are prepared to pay for them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024