Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… 10:04 - Jun 15 with 1463 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I’m not sure what the most surprising aspect of this story is… The fact it made it to court at all? The fact it even made it to the highest court in New York? The fact that 2 people on the court seemingly used their years of legal training and experience in nuanced law to find it within themselves to rule that an elephant is human?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/14/elephant-person-human-animal-rig

How did we get to this point? Where will it all end?
Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 12:01 - Jun 15 with 1405 viewsLorax

On the day that Happy can walk into court and give his own evidence verbally to the judge, in English (even if it's American English) is the day I will think again.

No one surely can disagree that we need to treat animals better but this court case was ridiculous.
Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 12:42 - Jun 15 with 1388 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 12:01 - Jun 15 by Lorax

On the day that Happy can walk into court and give his own evidence verbally to the judge, in English (even if it's American English) is the day I will think again.

No one surely can disagree that we need to treat animals better but this court case was ridiculous.

It’s obviously a bit of a publicity stunt by the animal activists and good luck to them. But it’s all just a bit silly really isn’t it? And it’s quite worrying that two judges found in favour of the elephant being human.
Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 21:56 - Jun 15 with 1302 viewsFlashberryjack

How did we get to this point ? Where will it end.

Animal welfare (sentience) bill
The legislation acknowledges that all vertebrates — animals with a spinal column including mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and birds — are sentient beings. The bill also includes decapod crustaceans and cephalopods, such as octopuses and lobsters.13 Apr 2022.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 09:30 - Jun 16 with 1244 viewsLorax

Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 21:56 - Jun 15 by Flashberryjack

How did we get to this point ? Where will it end.

Animal welfare (sentience) bill
The legislation acknowledges that all vertebrates — animals with a spinal column including mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and birds — are sentient beings. The bill also includes decapod crustaceans and cephalopods, such as octopuses and lobsters.13 Apr 2022.

Sentient - able to perceive or feel things, yes animals are sentient and should be treated better. Even those we kill for food should be given a good, pain free (as much as is possible) death.

To be very honest, human rights go to far sometimes, there are points at which people should forfeit some of their human rights. Some crimes are so bad, in my opinion, to justify that.
Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 09:37 - Jun 16 with 1237 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't mind this one.

I hate zoo's and animals have just as much right to live a free life as we do, we are animals too.

Harming animals for pleasure or profit is something I find hard to stomach.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 13:52 - Jun 16 with 1174 viewsSirjohnalot

Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more mad… on 09:30 - Jun 16 by Lorax

Sentient - able to perceive or feel things, yes animals are sentient and should be treated better. Even those we kill for food should be given a good, pain free (as much as is possible) death.

To be very honest, human rights go to far sometimes, there are points at which people should forfeit some of their human rights. Some crimes are so bad, in my opinion, to justify that.

One of the purposes behind this was to be able to make animal cruelty an either way offence meaning it could go to the crown court for more serious offences and also to try to create a separate offence when police dogs are attacked as they were classed as property and therefore criminal damage,

It’s also to protect other animals other than the normal cats and dogs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024