Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DVLA 09:27 - Jun 16 with 2847 viewsjohnlangy

There has been an enormous amount of criticism of driving licence delays at the DVLA. Reasons for the problems have ranged from, at one extreme, the workers sitting at home watching Netflix instead of properly working on-line to criticism of management re unfair and dangerous work practices resulting in excessive numbers suffering from Covid at the other end of the spectrum.

There must be some people who work in DVLA on this site. Could one/all of you try to explain in a reasonable way what the actual problems are ?
DVLA on 11:34 - Jun 16 with 2200 views73__73

The main reason is something called - laziness.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

DVLA on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 2181 viewsjohnlangy

DVLA on 11:34 - Jun 16 by 73__73

The main reason is something called - laziness.

I believe I was asking for a constructive, informative response rather than a frivolous waste of time 73.
DVLA on 12:39 - Jun 16 with 2151 viewsCountyJim

DVLA on 11:52 - Jun 16 by johnlangy

I believe I was asking for a constructive, informative response rather than a frivolous waste of time 73.

Had to send my license back last week not doing HGV anymore been 6 years now got my new license back in two days can't fault that service
DVLA on 12:49 - Jun 16 with 2138 viewsBryanSwan

Workload has gone up, staffing levels have not gone up to reflect this.
That is without mentioning the lack of investment in improving computer systems etc, many of which are probably still from the early 2000s.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

DVLA on 13:37 - Jun 16 with 2118 viewshobo

Surely they're not still working from home? No reason for it
DVLA on 18:43 - Jun 16 with 2062 viewsjohnlangy

DVLA on 12:49 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

Workload has gone up, staffing levels have not gone up to reflect this.
That is without mentioning the lack of investment in improving computer systems etc, many of which are probably still from the early 2000s.

How has the workload gone up Bryan ? I would have thought the work was roughly the same as before Covid ? And the comp systems would be the same.
DVLA on 19:24 - Jun 16 with 2044 viewsFlashberryjack

DVLA on 13:37 - Jun 16 by hobo

Surely they're not still working from home? No reason for it

A lot are still working from home, if they don't pull their finger out, many of them won't have a job to go back to, sadly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

DVLA on 19:39 - Jun 16 with 2039 viewsBryanSwan

DVLA on 18:43 - Jun 16 by johnlangy

How has the workload gone up Bryan ? I would have thought the work was roughly the same as before Covid ? And the comp systems would be the same.

The amount of drivers has increased along with population. More drivers = more work. The DVLA was struggling to keep up even before covid.

Login to get fewer ads

DVLA on 19:49 - Jun 16 with 2029 viewsjohnlangy

DVLA on 19:39 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

The amount of drivers has increased along with population. More drivers = more work. The DVLA was struggling to keep up even before covid.

Fair enough. But how many more drivers can there be ? From memory delays were nothing like we're getting now. There must be more to it surely.
DVLA on 20:41 - Jun 16 with 2006 viewsBryanSwan

DVLA on 19:49 - Jun 16 by johnlangy

Fair enough. But how many more drivers can there be ? From memory delays were nothing like we're getting now. There must be more to it surely.

Covid has caused backlogs to grow due to the IT not being up to scratch to initially support WFH during the initial pandemic wave.
Population is 67.4m now, 2010 was 62.7m, 2005 was 60.4m, adding to that the % of drivers has increased.

DVLA on 20:49 - Jun 16 with 1987 viewspencoedjack

DVLA on 20:41 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

Covid has caused backlogs to grow due to the IT not being up to scratch to initially support WFH during the initial pandemic wave.
Population is 67.4m now, 2010 was 62.7m, 2005 was 60.4m, adding to that the % of drivers has increased.

Do you really believe what you write?

‘IT not being up to scratch’ you do know we are in 2022 not the 1980s?

As Flash stated they will all be out of jobs soon.
DVLA on 20:58 - Jun 16 with 1977 viewsjack_lord

Why, out of curiosity, are they still working from home. What is the reasoning. Is it because the management are trying to encourage the new style of working or another =, more sublime reason?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

DVLA on 20:59 - Jun 16 with 1974 viewsraynor94

DVLA on 20:49 - Jun 16 by pencoedjack

I get a feeling he's employed at the Dvla.

You reap what you sow

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

DVLA on 21:01 - Jun 16 with 1969 viewsBryanSwan

100% otherwise i wouldn't say it.

Have you seen the systems they use? Not been much of an update since the early 2000s. Its archaic.

If they do sack people what do you think will happen? It certainly won't improve anything.

DVLA on 21:06 - Jun 16 with 1959 viewspencoedjack

DVLA on 21:01 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

100% otherwise i wouldn't say it.

Have you seen the systems they use? Not been much of an update since the early 2000s. Its archaic.

If they do sack people what do you think will happen? It certainly won't improve anything.

Probably employ a forward thinking IT department who wouldn’t spunk millions on archaic IT system.

I’d privatise the DVLA as well
DVLA on 21:11 - Jun 16 with 1957 viewsmajorraglan

The IT wasn’t up to scratch (and it was the same in lots of public services) because there’s been huge underinvestment in IT over an extended period of time. Austerity in the early 2010’s and there was very little money available to invest.
DVLA on 21:41 - Jun 16 with 1944 viewsBryanSwan

DVLA on 21:06 - Jun 16 by pencoedjack

Probably employ a forward thinking IT department who wouldn’t spunk millions on archaic IT system.

I’d privatise the DVLA as well

What wouldn't you privatise? Seriously, you have a massive vendetta against all public services.

DVLA on 21:51 - Jun 16 with 1918 viewsLuther27

DVLA are recruiting. You can apply if you want.
DVLA on 21:53 - Jun 16 with 1915 viewsGwyn737

DVLA on 21:11 - Jun 16 by majorraglan

The IT wasn’t up to scratch (and it was the same in lots of public services) because there’s been huge underinvestment in IT over an extended period of time. Austerity in the early 2010’s and there was very little money available to invest.

Aye. Most schools still tied to SIMS through Capita.

You might as well use an etch a sketch.
DVLA on 21:55 - Jun 16 with 1913 viewsFlashberryjack

DVLA on 21:41 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

What wouldn't you privatise? Seriously, you have a massive vendetta against all public services.

It would be a tragedy for Swansea and the surrounding area if the DVLA was moved or decentralised, but believe me it is a big possibility.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

DVLA on 22:02 - Jun 16 with 1906 viewsLuther27

DVLA on 21:55 - Jun 16 by Flashberryjack

It would be a tragedy for Swansea and the surrounding area if the DVLA was moved or decentralised, but believe me it is a big possibility.

Not sure on that Flash as we are the cheap labour of the UK….unless it’s farmed out to offshore….then wait for the Pooh to hit the fan when it comes to delays etc
DVLA on 06:59 - Jun 17 with 1849 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The DVLA is very efficient when things can be done online without any human intervention my licence renewal took less than three days.

The problems occurs when any sort of human intervention is needed or you have to post supporting documents to them. You can hardly process mail if you are sitting at home.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

DVLA on 07:07 - Jun 17 with 1840 viewsWhiterockin

DVLA on 20:41 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

Improve the technology and there will be less jobs, its just a fact of life.
DVLA on 09:20 - Jun 17 with 1801 viewspencoedjack

DVLA on 21:41 - Jun 16 by BryanSwan

I don't have a vendetta against all public services but I do have an issue with my taxes being wasted by lazy bastards working within them.

The DVLA employees will reap what they sow within 3 years.

Some public servants do a great job.
DVLA on 13:23 - Jun 17 with 1754 viewsBryanSwan

DVLA on 09:20 - Jun 17 by pencoedjack

I don't have a vendetta against all public services but I do have an issue with my taxes being wasted by lazy bastards working within them.

The DVLA employees will reap what they sow within 3 years.

Some public servants do a great job.

Even if they were to completely cull the DVLA or any other public service it wouldn't improve anything.
From almost all the previous examples of this happening it has lead to increased cost and poorer service.

Do you have the same anger toward MPs or their mates who are co stantly siphoning off millions/billions? Or is it just the ordinary person on 18k a year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024