Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
70 mph on Motorways 10:12 - Sep 2 with 2884 viewsraynor94

Truss is saying she is looking into scrapping it.

Opinions?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 10:12]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

70 mph on Motorways on 13:23 - Sep 5 with 451 viewsfelixstowe_jack

70 mph on Motorways on 12:36 - Sep 5 by onehunglow

In som narrow lanes 40 is suicidal . Gower has plenty of them.

Not long ago,we did a trip to the Llyn which has miles of narrow roads with blind bends. I don’t think I did more that 25 mph as the stopping distance is still significant should a farm animal suddenly appear from a hedgerow .
In my experience ,lack of concentration is biggest killer and that means having row with wifey is pretty much as lethal as a loaded shotgun . Your mind is elsewhere.
I used to drive with shedfulls of music accompanying us but now Injust drive basically in silence as the roads and the hazards thereon are ever more worthy of 110 % concentration. That in itself is tiring .

When travelling to Swansea on that 483 ,I was always pretty much shattered as it is a road full of zpotential hazards and the most dangerous of all times to drive is when you are “almost there”

As I said on single carriageways A roads 60 mph is a sensible limit. On B roads 40 mph is more sensible and on single track country lanes a slower speed is sensible. It is up to the Drivers judgment to gauge road conditions and vary speed accordingly.

The blanket national speed restriction of 60 mph on all those three types of roads is not the speed you should be driving at.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

70 mph on Motorways on 15:59 - Sep 5 with 399 viewsCatullus

70 mph on Motorways on 10:54 - Sep 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s unfair to punish all young drivers though, most would drive sensibly enough but there’s that minority who soup up their crappy little hatchbacks (polishing turds) and do donuts in car parks like they are Vin Diesel. It’s incredibly discriminatory to charge someone more simply because of their age. I’m surprised this is allowed to happen.

I tend to agree but then, if you are in an accident but not the cause of an accident, your own premiums also go up and why is that fair? Insurance is a scam. My car is parked out front, if somebody hits it, why should I have to pay more when I'm sat in front of the tv?

I fully agree with limiting engine size until somebody has 5 years of experience and they should be banned from "souping up" too

I also 100% believe that every new car should have to have dashcams front and rear. They sort out who was at fault immediately, they'd maybe persuade drivers not to drive stupidly AND they may even help solve other crimes!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

70 mph on Motorways on 16:44 - Sep 5 with 390 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

70 mph on Motorways on 15:59 - Sep 5 by Catullus

I tend to agree but then, if you are in an accident but not the cause of an accident, your own premiums also go up and why is that fair? Insurance is a scam. My car is parked out front, if somebody hits it, why should I have to pay more when I'm sat in front of the tv?

I fully agree with limiting engine size until somebody has 5 years of experience and they should be banned from "souping up" too

I also 100% believe that every new car should have to have dashcams front and rear. They sort out who was at fault immediately, they'd maybe persuade drivers not to drive stupidly AND they may even help solve other crimes!

The point I’m trying to make is that age is a protected characteristic. How can these businesses legally charge more or less to people based entirely on their age? Imagine if you went into a shop and a tin of beans costs a pound for white people but two pounds for black people? It’s the same thing. If the shop then claimed that they have to put the prices up for black people because their data shows that they are more likely to shoplift it still wouldn’t be acceptable. It would be illegal because you’re discriminating based on a protected characteristic.

So how are insurance companies allowed to do it?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

70 mph on Motorways on 17:57 - Sep 5 with 372 viewsSirjohnalot

70 mph on Motorways on 16:44 - Sep 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The point I’m trying to make is that age is a protected characteristic. How can these businesses legally charge more or less to people based entirely on their age? Imagine if you went into a shop and a tin of beans costs a pound for white people but two pounds for black people? It’s the same thing. If the shop then claimed that they have to put the prices up for black people because their data shows that they are more likely to shoplift it still wouldn’t be acceptable. It would be illegal because you’re discriminating based on a protected characteristic.

It is a risk based price. They are not charging a different price based purely on age, they are charging a different price based on a certain risk factor. Same as different postcodes, jobs (MPs get bumped up) the mileage you do, whether you have any expensive add ons, how long you have been driving, points.

More young people are less experienced, and more likely to get involved in an accident (especially lads) and therefore their quotes are higher

I used to work for about 3 (horrible, boring, tedious) years in a Claims Dept of an insurance company in Bristol and we learnt all this mind numbing crap.
70 mph on Motorways on 19:08 - Sep 5 with 354 viewsCatullus

It's not the same thing, there are many vatiables in car insurance besides age. The car itself, location, kind of usage and even your job all come into it.

They don't take colour into account when you get an insurance quote.

Age isn't just used for young people either, our age is always used for all our insurance quotes so it's not discriminating against the young.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

70 mph on Motorways on 12:21 - Sep 6 with 316 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Simple because insurance premiums are based on risks of the person taking out insurance. They use figures which show which group of people have the most accidents.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

70 mph on Motorways on 16:49 - Sep 6 with 263 viewsonehunglow

70 mph on Motorways on 17:57 - Sep 5 by Sirjohnalot

It is a risk based price. They are not charging a different price based purely on age, they are charging a different price based on a certain risk factor. Same as different postcodes, jobs (MPs get bumped up) the mileage you do, whether you have any expensive add ons, how long you have been driving, points.

More young people are less experienced, and more likely to get involved in an accident (especially lads) and therefore their quotes are higher

I used to work for about 3 (horrible, boring, tedious) years in a Claims Dept of an insurance company in Bristol and we learnt all this mind numbing crap.

Indeed it it so.
It’s also fact young drivers feel more immortal and therefore take more risks,in fact ignoring them as is often the case .
Sadly,statistics show death rate of under 25 s in RTCs is cruel.
We should have learned.

In my day,Inpassed a motor cyclist test in Cwmbwrla by riding around in a few circles and doing an emergency stop on Manselton and. Then ,he says Ive passed. Didn’t even have to wear helmet either. Crazy.
I could have gone out and bought a Norton Dom and razed it down Jersey Marine endlessly.

Sadly a mate of mine did and paid the ultimate price

Take care folks . Treat others on the roads like Millwall fans …like d1ckheads

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024